Author Topic: you may welcome me  (Read 263 times)

Caine

you may welcome me
« on: September 09, 2000, 04:47:00 PM »
Hi there, just thought i's introduce myself. I just downloaded the game and I'm just going to get a couple of hours training in before I start shooting all you fellows down... that's the plan at least  

I was wondering what how you guys play the game - do missions and coordinated flight play a big part or does it all just turn into one big furball?  I can see the benefits either way but I like to be prepared.

Also, what is the overall danger level like?  Will I be going down in flames within seconds, or do I stand any chance of survival at all.

Basically, what have I let myself in for?

------------------
Caine

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
you may welcome me
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2000, 04:48:00 PM »
Spend some time in the training arena working with the trainers.  They'll give you plenty of help.

Welcome aboard! <S>

AKDejaVu

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
you may welcome me
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »
 Welcome to AH.Your timing could'nt be better.The new FM tweaks have just brought about a balance that allows all flying styles to be equally effective I feel.Not knowing your sim history,I can only tell you that for me AH is a collection of the FINEST virtual pilots come together from all the other WW2 flight sims .They came because they wanted to fly the sim with the best FM vs. the best opponents.They stayed because they found BOTH!At least thats the way I see it Keep a good attitude while you learn the flight characteristics of the various AH machines.You WILL got shot down alot-but thats the challenge-yes?Enjoy the learning process.

Welcome,
     By-Tor

armor3

you may welcome me
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2000, 06:06:00 PM »
Hey By-Tor Are you Going to Play Tomorow on the H2H IF so All Be Hosting ok  

O and like that Tank That Shoot's Flank hehehe

Offline indian

• Copper Member
you may welcome me
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2000, 06:13:00 PM »
You will go down in flames in seconds cause we ask where the new guys are at and go shoot them down   Did that to one guy and he got quite good in fact dont know if hes still playing or not.  

------------------
Tommy (INDIAN) Toon
Indians Home page were links to help pages can be found.
Indian's Homepage

Caine

you may welcome me
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2000, 06:44:00 PM »
Thanks

By-Tor scared me a bit with that talk of the finest pilots, not sure how I'll fare against them.

I used to play a lot of flight sims on my old 386, and after a break of a few years I returned to find gems like Janes WWII and Combat Flight Sim, the flight models these days are incredible (I read the posts below, lot of peeps complaining about this).

My only kills to date are against AI pilots, so no idea how effective I am in the cockpit really

Can't wait for my connection to clear up so I can get started...

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
you may welcome me
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2000, 07:49:00 PM »
Learning curve in AH is like this:

1.They kill you, But you learned something.
2.They kill you again and again you learned something etc...

10. Your first kill  

Offline Dago

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
you may welcome me
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2000, 08:08:00 PM »
Caine,
Do yourself a favor, get the help files from HTC's webpage, with the dot commands and key commands.  Do some reading before you start. It will help tremendously.

Then go to the trainers page on the webpage and send an email to a trainer asking for some help.  They can give you a good start in the game, working with you in the training arena.

Welcome to Aces High,
Dago
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
you may welcome me
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2000, 08:29:00 PM »
Yep, try the Training Arena with an instructor - it really helps.  Also try practicing offline and get a good feel of all the planes.  There's nothing worse than upping in a plane you've never flown and giving someone a really easy kill.  At least with the offline practice you'll already have a basic feel of how things operate.

Regards

'Nexx'
NEXX