Author Topic: Radar - somthing i think would improve  (Read 690 times)

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Radar - somthing i think would improve
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2003, 05:06:46 PM »
yes...tht option is a good idea...

If you join misiion it will not show ur dot when under radr...

I wish i had more tech in me..cause i have no idea how you can write that into code..or what ever you "tech " guys call it..

Hopefully its easy for HT and crew to maybe consider this.. and implement......

Salute to all

Love BiGB
xoxoxo

P.s.  Yes Slappy...you know when an nme country yells out MAW is under dar!!!  They all love to come and try to get a piece...(we usally have alot of targets for them):)..I know when i Hear...AK's are under DAR..I love to try and tangle...Its much bettr fighting a team of good pilots then just pop'n some lone  Spit flying around in circles...lolol
« Last Edit: January 15, 2003, 05:09:50 PM by BGBMAW »

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2003, 07:06:11 PM »
Originally posted by MWHUN
How about this workaround... if you are running/participating in a mission and if you go below radar than not even "firendlies" can see you.

Strange idea.

Missions usually are announced on country channel. The mission builder is a tool to make something public. Not to hide. And usually there's some info on the mission in the mission viewer.

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2003, 07:08:40 PM »
I don't know about spies since I mostly ignore channel 1 or squech it.  I did spend some time one night hunting NOE attacks in Mandano.   I found several others doing the same.  NOE attacks in Mandano are no suprise.  I found NOE attacks mostly when someone must have poped up and I saw a darbar.  Also if a CV is in the area, it will start to flash.  You can't see enemy CVs on your map and the NOE flight would not know when they trip the flasher.

I am not saying there are no spies... even tho I find it hard to believe there are low life people, with no life, that would spy in this game.  But there are things that can tip off the enemy to a NOE attack if they are watching for it.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2003, 12:10:49 AM »
Originally posted by hitech
bgbmaw, I'm dead serious, it's why I make so many, I can not spot spelling errors unless I search each word very carfully for about 3 secs.

HiTech

Isnt that a major problem when coding?  

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2003, 02:15:56 AM »
Not with current editor (syntax highlighting and so on) and ultimatly the compiler spell check :)

btw the vocabulary and syntax is quite limited too

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2003, 09:12:40 AM »
Strange idea.

Missions usually are announced on country channel. The mission builder is a tool to make something public. Not to hide. And usually there's some info on the mission in the mission viewer.

ccvi ...

We dont put the target in the mission planner anymore, and as of late, we don't communicate the target to the mission pilots until we are under way (if its not a MAW only mission). This alone does not solve the whole problem. If HiTech were to implement this type of idea, then the spy would have to have been part of the NOE mission.

I don't know about spies since I mostly ignore channel 1 or squech it.

Gunner ...

I have never seen spy info divulged over channel 1 outside of divulging where a hidden CV is, which is a whole thread on its own.

Spying is usually accomplished by sending personal vox/text messages between two different country pilots that have an agreement ... or ... it is said that some guys actually have 2 accounts and use one as a spy.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2003, 09:20:42 AM »
Originally posted by Swoop
Isnt that a major problem when coding?  

YES !!!

But as straffo pointed out, some programming editors provide syntax hi-lighting and if you spell anything wrong, the complier will be quick to point out where you screwed up.

To get a clean complie, everything MUST be spelled correctly.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2003, 09:28:02 AM »
Something like that (Delphi in this case)

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2003, 12:14:41 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
To get a clean complie, everything MUST be spelled correctly.

Where "correctly" means correct within the other parts of the code. You could still use wrong spelling for functions, variables... ;)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2003, 12:23:13 PM »
Originally posted by ccvi
Where "correctly" means correct within the other parts of the code. You could still use wrong spelling for functions, variables... ;)

If they are ur own methods/functions that you created ... yes they can be mis-spelled but then they have to be consistenly mis-spelled when using them. Same goes for variables.

But enuff of this programming crap ... HiTech do you think that spies\spying is possible becoming a problem within the game ?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2003, 12:26:04 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline GunnerCAF

• Silver Member
      • Gunner's Grange
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2003, 01:14:13 AM »
Slapshot,

I have never seen spy info divulged over channel 1 outside of divulging where a hidden CV is, which is a whole thread on its own.

This isn't what I consider spying, some people have a disagreement with hiding CVs... and yes, another thread.

Spying is usually accomplished by sending personal vox/text messages between two different country pilots that have an agreement ... or ... it is said that some guys actually have 2 accounts and use one as a spy.

I am sure it can and has been done, but I wonder how much?  It kind of seems like a whitch hunt.  My reason for posting is not to disagree if spies exist, but it seems like a wase of time and money for people to do such a thing.  I think as a community we should discourage this type of play.  We should not have to defend against spies when we play the game.  I wanted to point out that there are ways, other than spying, to foil a NOE attack if you are looking for it.

Gunner
Gunner
Cactus Air Force

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2003, 10:02:56 AM »
Gunner,

I like to fly in a defensive role usually when not flying with the MAW on squads nights. I wholeheartedly agree that there are various ways to find and spoil NOE attacks that have nothing to do with involvement of a spy. I do alot of this.

This is no witch hunt ... the concern is being brought forth because we have seen an increase in our efforts to run NOE missions, spoiled by what we believe to be spys.

The MAWs' main objective, on squad nights, is to take bases. We love to do it, we do it well, and have been doing it for a long time.

As stated earlier, when we run a deep insertion NOE attack with just MAW (we all know the parameters of NOE and fly in synch to stay within those parms) and way before we trip the radar barrier, we see that dar bar grow around the target airfield, we know that someone have given up our position ... simple as that.

The idea put forth would provide true stealth for NOE missions that fly below the dar bar altitude (I believe it is 500 AGL). It wouldn't eliminate all incidents of missions failing due to spys, but it sure would eliminate the majority ... at least we believe it would.

Only possible working change I might consider is no friendly dar when below radar, not positive does it show friendlies below radar now?

HiTech ...

Your consideration for change is already implemented. Currently, when flying below radar, there is no dar bar, but all planes do show on country dot dar regardless of altitude. This is where the problem lies.

If a mission flys 4 sectors and is disciplined enough to stay below radar, then there is no dar bar, and the element of surprise is working for us. If one pilot breaks the dar bar barrier, then the mission is compromised, if seen by the enemy, and the fault lies within the mission.

The part that hurts is when you fly those 4 sectors, no one breaks dar bar, and even before you break the base radar circle, you see multiple planes upping and upping fast, you know you been given up.

We have seen cases where maybe 1 or 2 planes up at the target field, which we believe is conicidental, and we deal with the possibility of the NOE surprise not being a surpirse anymore ... such is life.

I believe the parameters for the proposed change would be ..

1) in a mission (mission editor must be used)

2) mission pilots below radar

3) no friendly/country dar bar and dot dar

I don't see any down side to this change, just dont know the effort on your part to implement it if you so choose.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2003, 11:44:51 AM »
excellent job Slappy....Salute

and just a short note for Gunner....I ffel like the "discourage" part of your posts will not work. It reminds m eof DictaTORS...A...Kim Jow Ming( N Korea Guy...Saddam...Hitler..Mousso lini..and so on..There is no "comprimise"..there is not discussions..They do what they want... So trying to "discourage" soem jerkoffs  to not rat out a Under dar mission is a waste of time...I know you know..there are characters that play this game..pay as we do..and they feel it gives them the rigth to do anything....Yes it does..but this is What HiTech and his crew are here for...To make the Game as level as playing ground as possible...

So......

1) Make friendly Dot Radar an option for Off in mission planner....or..

2) Turn off Frienldy radar dots when ever under Radar

Love BiGB
xoxox

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2003, 03:00:56 PM »
I vote for:

2)  No friendly dots when under radar.

The radar info that we have now for the sake of gameplay is generous for WWII technology, but having an inflight display of the exact position of a lone friendly aircraft, in real time, 300 miles away, at 100 feet AGL, behind enemy lines -- is just a bit overboard.

IMO.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2003, 03:16:24 PM »
yes popeye..it is very genorous..and would be wonderful to remove:)

Merry Friday...Fuk i work tomorrow...

Love BiGB
xoxo