Author Topic: New FM for Aces High II ?  (Read 1631 times)

Offline Griego

• Copper Member
New FM for Aces High II ?
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2003, 11:55:32 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
<<<
Originally posted by Griego
I would like to see bullet holes in my canopy,planes etc...>>>

Bullet holes in your plane and canopy? Im sure theres lotsa guys willin to help you out. >>>

<<>>

I think the reason you see bullets tumble in the old ww2 films is because the camera's were so lousy. As far as accellerated stalls go. If you snap onto you back pulling g's at 225 mph you have experienced it. You might try zooming in when you shoot some dude,. You will have no trouble seeing him light up from the "small explosions":D

small explosion never ever seen small explosions zoom or not in AH. I've seen one big explosion.  I've seen lots of hit sprites.

I didn't say bullets tumble I said tracers tumbled. From what I've gathered over the years is that tracers didn't quite follow the bullets because they tumbled because they were lighter that bullets .  Thats why pilots like Grabreski  didn't use them until close to were he was out of bullets. To let him know he was getting close.  

After all that I realized that it was the the shaking of the gun cam could have made the tracer appear to be elongated. I think we do have canopy shake when you fire guns on a plane.  then we should see this phenomenom.  

If you ever played IL-2 and went headon with a con then you would know what a rush it is to see bullet holes in the canopy along with the oil.  First time I seen that I just about fell out of my chair.   :D

ok your right I have seen accelerated stalls in AH but only on a few planes like the typhoon and F4U.  I've had the p51 way under 100mph and no stall. I the veritcal though.  I all ways thought that the p51 had some bad stall characteristics.

Anyways I guess I could nit pick at every detail and since this all in my humble opinion anyways it really dosen't carry much weight.

just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2003, 12:14:21 AM by Griego »

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2003, 09:17:01 AM »
Aper.....

Are you a rl pilot and if so, pls be more specific as to why we need a new FM.

Remember, to give us the FM we currently have in an effort to sim rl flight on a computer is not easy...HTC has done an excellent job.

Last night I got real slow in a Spit V while turnfightin....the plane went into a flat spin which i could not recover from.....very realistic flight characteristics for a VIDEO GAME!

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2003, 10:50:10 AM »
when the sun goes down I can't shoot for toejam, please fix that in AH 2 thanks.
Hornet

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2003, 10:56:28 AM »
I'd like stalls to be modelled with buffeting and removal of the stall horn.

Clearly you are fortunate to have a force feedback seat, and can feel the plane enters a stall. Those less fortunate, such as myself, rely on the stall horn (or mitsu's most excellent buffeting sound). ;)
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2003, 11:20:34 AM »
Originally posted by Griego
After all that I realized that it was the the shaking of the gun cam could have made the tracer appear to be elongated. I think we do have canopy shake when you fire guns on a plane.  then we should see this phenomenom.

Yes, but the difference between the human eye balls and a gun cam is very significant. In other words, it looks nothing like what a camera captures.

If you ever played IL-2 and went headon with a con then you would know what a rush it is to see bullet holes in the canopy along with the oil.  First time I seen that I just about fell out of my chair.   :D

And the wierd thing is, that damage graphic NEVER coincides with an oil leak... you can fly forever with oil all over your windscreen, but it'll never run out.
-SW

Offline Don

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2003, 11:35:24 AM »
>>I would also like to see Pamela Anderson knock on my door with a cam corder and a fist full of cash.Wake up. edited....Topless of course<<

Nekkid!...Nekkid!

Offline medicboy

• Nickel Member
weather
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2003, 12:02:09 PM »
From what I can tell the performance of this game is right up there with any boxed game you can buy.  The only thing I would like to see more of is weather, and terrain.

Offline Wotan

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2003, 03:04:26 PM »
As we started working on the mission theater, we realized we were making a completely new game from that which is Aces High today.

This lead us to starting work on AcesHigh II. Which will be 2 games in one.

1st.
AcesHigh Classic, which will be the Main areana as we know today, only with updated Graphic Eng,and other sim items, but the game play will be similar to what it is today.

2nd. The Mission theater. We need a better name for this. AcesHigh "Fill In the blank

What part that dont some yas of understand. Aces High will be the same game with updated graphics. Its not like wb 2.77 to wb3. They arent creating a new eng completely.

So the fm, which is fine btw, wont change. The mission theater and AH Classic arent different engs. They are the same with different "game" rules. Any advancement in one will be in the other, any new plane in one will be in the other. Except the ai component that ht is adding in the MT.

There 1 Aces High

2 Internal Games

1 AH Classic (main arena)
2 AH [Insert Name Here] (mission theater)

HT is not starting from scratch then porting over fms.

If you dont the fw now, you wont it like then.