Author Topic: Superbowl Commercials  (Read 773 times)

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2003, 09:33:59 AM »
Originally posted by moose
the one about having a 'terry in your office' was hilarious

thats my personal favorite. they even had the part from office space with the stuff about putting cover sheets on the tps reports.

Tate, Office Linebacker was my favorite too.   "That's a long distance phone call!"    "Your break ended 15 minutes ago!"  "You forgot to put cover sheets on your TPS reports! Yearrrgghhhh!"

The Sierra Mist one with the monkey getting flung into the Polar Bear exhibit was good, too.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the promo for "Law And Order" that was a take-off of the Bud Light commercial where the two women get into a fight and toss each other into a fountain, ripping off their blouses and cat-fighting in bra and panties.

Or the promo for Jim Belushi's show that was a take-off of the Nike streaker commercial - Jim running around the stage set naked wearing only white shoes that had the name of his shoe written on them.

The Budweiser commercial with the zebra rewinding the tape to see if a Clydesdale's hooves were inbounds was pretty good, too.  And its timing of being shown shortly after the refs were reviewing Aaron Stecker's kick-return fumble was classic.

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2003, 10:11:14 AM »
ahh, thanks dnil, that was just weird.  I'd much rather see Kimmel than Veritas.  That show looks stupid.

p'cola sucks.  I got DirecTV mainly to get around Cox not paying for the Pro games on Sunshine network.  I can actually watch Magic and Lightning games again!  :)  Oh, and to get espn classic which Cox doesn't offer...
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Tracer-15

• Copper Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/drenched15/mypage.html
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2003, 02:57:08 PM »
How about the Budweiser commercial with the two guys watching women excercise...:D :D

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2003, 03:44:42 PM »
I liked the Budwieser zebra commercial too.

One of the funnier ones was a regional commercial near the end for an auto group.  A guy was in his car and a 4x4 driver had cut him off and was yelling at his passenger window when he hit the "Trunk Monkey" button on his car.  A monkey came out and hit the 4x4 driver with a tire iron.

Pretty much just average commercials on the whole.

MiniD

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2003, 03:50:42 PM »
the commercial with the most effect has to be the guy on the subway talking to the ghosts of those killed by drug lord types involved with providing the means for his habit...

sorry druggies ....
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2003, 06:31:48 PM »
...which has nothin to do with the rooftop hydro operation enclosed in a greenhouse i got on the building next door..
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline XNachoX

• Silver Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2003, 08:28:43 PM »
http://terrytate.reebok.com/index.asp?etf=104

lmao....THAT'S A LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALL, DOUG!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2003, 12:31:48 AM »
Originally posted by Tracer-15
How about the Budweiser commercial with the two guys watching women excercise...:D :D

That one wasn't new. Funny... just not new.
sand

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2003, 07:56:25 AM »
Originally posted by Tracer-15

A good presentation, but variations of it have been done before.  The Captain Morgan ad comes to mind - "aerobics is a spectator sport" and a guy is in the middle of an aerobics group and he's standing in the classic Captain Morgan pose.

The Bud ad where the guy puts the dog on his head so he can go into the bar that prohibits pets - "We be jammin, mon!  You be jammin', too!" - was pretty good.  I think it was one of the top-rated ads according to the Today show.

Offline Turdboy

• Copper Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2003, 08:00:36 AM »
Dingbat I have to disagree with you on the Hulk movie.

I grew up watching the show also and there is no way Lou in a bad wig can hope to be better than CGI.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2003, 08:05:44 AM »
Originally posted by XNachoX
http://terrytate.reebok.com/index.asp?etf=104

lmao....THAT'S A LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALL, DOUG!

Thanks for the link!

"You gotta be in it, to win it, baby!"

Offline Greese

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/greese125
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2003, 11:20:02 AM »
I thought the pregnancy commercial was great, and so did my wife.  But then, she volunteers in a sort of crisis pregnancy center, so we may have liked it more than most.

Willie Nelson was funny, but my favorite was the upside down clown costume.  Just about blew chunks around the room at that one.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Superbowl Commercials
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2003, 12:28:13 PM »
the one about "be sure to check out her mother" was the best ... beer commercial I think :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder