Author Topic: Tampa wins it!  (Read 1187 times)

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2003, 11:26:11 PM »
super bowl aftermath...oakland fans are burning cars in oakland..........tampa fans in tampa are getting drunk and making out.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2003, 02:42:52 AM »
Barret Robbins

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2003, 02:45:17 AM »

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2003, 02:47:01 AM »
Damn homes that was some strong socal bud!

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2003, 04:26:11 AM »
I root all year for San Diego cause that's where the Superbowl game is and cause I'm a huge Doug Flutie fan...Then Rob Johnson ends up with the Superbowl ring...:mad:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 04:47:08 AM by SirLoin »
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2003, 06:03:16 AM »

to the Defense - shut them down cold

WTG BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SaburoS

• Gold Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2003, 06:47:18 AM »
The best team won.
Did you catch Mike Lynch on the sidelines telling a teammate that the they saw in practice everything the Raiders threw at them? Talk about great coaching and being prepared. The Raiders had no hope.
Men fear thought as they fear nothing else on earth -- more than ruin -- more even than death.... Thought is subversive and revolutionary, destructive and terrible, thought is merciless to privilege, established institutions, and comfortable habit. ... Bertrand Russell

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2003, 07:41:38 AM »
LOL, Al Davis's greed cost him and his fans the Superbowl.  (Take a look at the draft picks he got from Tampa Bay for Gruden)

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2003, 07:52:18 AM »
Originally posted by funkedup
Barret Robbins

SO you blaming the whole loss on one guys stupid decision to miss a team meeting?

Local Dallas radio is saying that reports are that he missed the meeting cuz he was in the hospital after a trip to Tiajuana.  Is that true?

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2003, 09:08:50 AM »
Originally posted by SaburoS
The best team won.
Did you catch Mike Lynch on the sidelines telling a teammate that the they saw in practice everything the Raiders threw at them? Talk about great coaching and being prepared. The Raiders had no hope.

I thought that quote was the most telling of all the things that were said: John Lynch:  "Every play they've run, we've run in practice."

The only person who knew the Raiders offense more than Rich Gannon and Bill Callahan was John Gruden.  Gruden was the guy that taught Gannon in Oakland, and Gruden was the guy that got Oakland's head coach started in the organization as the offensive coordinator.

Porter's TD catch wasn't good.

The 2-point conversion catch, was.

Rice showed his talent at beating a zone defense for a TD.

Woodson played up to his ability despite a plate in his legbone.

Gannon was rattled by sacks, hurries, and the first interception.

No way to practice against stopping a blocked kick run in for a TD, except to practice blocking so the defense can't get through to block it in the first place, but the Bucs aren't known for their great punting teams.

Why didn't we see Tyrone Wheatley earlier in the game?

A couple of good quotes:

"We were embarrassed because he completed two passes,'' Bucs LB Derrick Brooks said, laughing.

About Brooks' getting Gannon's interception late in the game: "He's still bragging about it,'' Bucs strong safety John Lynch said. "He took it down the field. It was probably because we were laughing so much.''

The Bucs are hosting a 5k run in April - the "Draft Day Dash" - at the stadium and giving away door prizes.  We'll get to celebrate the Super Bowl victory again and again. :)

Some good bits from the story on Yahoo News:

============

Gruden's knowledge of the Raiders was probably best illustrated when cornerback Dwight Smith stepped in front of Jerry Rice for a 44-yard interception return and a 34-3 lead with 4:47 left in the third quarter.

As Smith raced toward the end zone, Gruden was a few feet out on the field, running along behind the play, pumping his right fist and then thrusting both arms in the air, a huge smile on his face.

In the closing seconds of the first half, he also pumped his fist and ran onto the field after Keenan McCardell caught a 5-yard touchdown pass from Brad Johnson, capping a 78-yard, 10-play drive that gave the Bucs a 20-3 halftime lead.

Tampa Bay has the NFL's most dominating defense, and it handled the Raiders so thoroughly that red-clad Bucs' fans chanted ``BOR-ING, BOR-ING'' as Gannon broke out of the huddle to begin a drive late in the third quarter.

Dexter Jackson, the game's MVP, had the first two interceptions against Gannon. Smith also had a 50-yard interception return for a TD, with two seconds to play.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2003, 09:15:27 AM by gofaster »

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2003, 09:26:20 AM »
@#$%^#^@#$$#^^%&$*#@!$$#@!~@!#$%^ Raiders!  :(

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2003, 09:41:39 AM »
I guess that makes Rip 12-3

:cool:

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2003, 09:41:58 AM »
WTG Tamba Bay.

I have never seen a team so demoralized as the Raiders yesterday.. they were pathetic and had no answer for what Tampa Bay was doing to them.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2003, 09:43:28 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I guess that makes Rip 12-3

:cool:

Yeah, lost two in a row!  Didn't even bet money, wonders....usually if I bet $$ I lose, and if I don't...I win...Sweet being wrong though...I hate the Raiders more than anything in the world.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2003, 09:52:25 AM »
Officiating was horrible though. That pass interference call, the 2 point conversion, the raider TD, the first fumble (easy call - too bad Raiders needed to spend a review to look at it) overall the refs stunck up the joint.

None of it would have changed the outcome though.