Author Topic: Tampa wins it!  (Read 1186 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2003, 12:26:43 PM »
The Raider cheerleaders are the "Raiderettes"...

Are the Tampa cheerleaders the "Buckettes"?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2003, 12:32:42 PM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

dunno

but the buc cheerleaders got 3 to 1 coverage over the raider girls .. at least on the HD feed  :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Hawklore

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2003, 02:14:35 PM »
God im glad i switched sides before the game :)

GO BUCS 2 touchdown and a field go difference, for those who cant do math 27...lol
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.
Trouble no one about their religion;
respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours.
Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life." - Chief Tecumseh

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2003, 02:48:34 PM »
Cinderella Bucs?  Sorry gofaster, but they were predicted to go to the superbowl. Non the less, I the Bucs and the many fans of the past 27 years. And thank you for spanking the raiders and treating them like the little beeotches they are.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2003, 03:02:39 PM »
Buckette

Offline 2stony

• Silver Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2003, 03:19:11 PM »
The bad part about the whole game was that I had the winning numbers for the 4th quarter when the Bucs intercepted that pass and scored with 2 seconds left. It cost me $20. That's the seoncd time I've lost a board on the last play of a game.

:mad:

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2003, 03:27:21 PM »
Originally posted by gofaster
I thought that quote was the most telling of all the things that were said: John Lynch:  "Every play they've run, we've run in practice."

The only person who knew the Raiders offense more than Rich Gannon and Bill Callahan was John Gruden.  Gruden was the guy that taught Gannon in Oakland, and Gruden was the guy that got Oakland's head coach started in the organization as the offensive coordinator.   So raiders knew exactly how Gruden would coach as well, they worked for him afterall

Gannon was rattled by sacks, hurries, and the first interception.  Sounds like a #1 defense to me.  (Tampa had interception thier very first possession too)

No way to practice against stopping a blocked kick run in for a TD, except to practice blocking so the defense can't get through to block it in the first place, but the Bucs aren't known for their great punting teams.

Why didn't we see Tyrone Wheatley earlier in the game?

A couple of good quotes:

"We were embarrassed because he completed two passes,'' Bucs LB Derrick Brooks said, laughing.

About Brooks' getting Gannon's interception late in the game: "He's still bragging about it,'' Bucs strong safety John Lynch said. "He took it down the field. It was probably because we were laughing so much.''  dont confuse quotes about the BUC's practice with Gruden as quaterback on scouting team  with quotes about the superbowl game

In the end the Tampa Defense scored more points than the Raiders Offense - tough for anyone to win a football game like that.

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2003, 03:27:26 PM »
Me too 2stony.

Offline Wlfgng

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.nick-tucker.com
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2003, 04:25:17 PM »
I watched a friend of  mine all but spend his 150 bucks for the 4th quarter.. only to see it dissapear before his eyes.. was kinda funny in a sick sort of way..

BWAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2003, 08:11:37 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target

Swashbucklers.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2003, 08:18:04 AM »
And another.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2003, 08:19:33 AM »
Ok, last one, I swear!

As you can see, they have a couple of different outfits - skirts and shorts, but also one-pieces, a Christmas-type short velvet dress, dance tights, and some dazzle bell-bottoms (not one of their better outfits, in my opinion).  They also have a jogging-type outfit for inclement weather performances.  

Generally, their shows have improved over the years, probably as a result of the Glazers giving more support for the cheer teams.  When Culverhouse owned the Bucs, the Swashbucklers had to fund their own expenses, so while the girls were enthusiastic, they were somewhat limited in what they could do and how much practice time they could have.  I believe the Glazers have recognized the value of the cheerleaders as part of the Bucs entertainment package and provide financial and logistic assistance to the group.  They're available for corporate functions, much like the Busch Gardens Sheiks can be booked to help jazz up meetings and such.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 08:24:40 AM by gofaster »

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2003, 09:08:18 AM »
while the girls were enthusiastic, they were somewhat limited in what they could do and how much practice time they could have.

I believe the Glazers have recognized the value of the cheerleaders as part of the Bucs entertainment package and provide financial and logistic assistance to the group. They're available for corporate functions, much like the Busch Gardens Sheiks can be booked to help jazz up meetings and such.

Are you an interior designer by chance?

Not that you sound just like raging homo, you do, but that’s not why I ask.

Cheerleaders aren’t dumb hags and objects to throw hotdog wrappers at? They have entertainment and logistic value? Hahahahaha. Yah right!

Tell me more how they are artistic and available for corporate functions there gofancy pants. homo

--------
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 09:12:15 AM by Creamo »

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2003, 09:54:03 AM »
Originally posted by Creamo
while the girls were enthusiastic, they were somewhat limited in what they could do and how much practice time they could have.

I believe the Glazers have recognized the value of the cheerleaders as part of the Bucs entertainment package and provide financial and logistic assistance to the group. They're available for corporate functions, much like the Busch Gardens Sheiks can be booked to help jazz up meetings and such.

Are you an interior designer by chance?

Not that you sound just like raging homo, you do, but that’s not why I ask.

Cheerleaders aren’t dumb hags and objects to throw hotdog wrappers at? They have entertainment and logistic value? Hahahahaha. Yah right!

Tell me more how they are artistic and available for corporate functions there gofancy pants. homo
--------

You still not getting any, by chance?

One of the gigs they lined up was doing the quarterly fiscal report meeting for my company's local "Town Meeting" event. Ho-hum numbers crunching and ra-ra "Lets' boost sales" crap.

Until the girls came out and danced.

Hoo-yah!

After the gig was over, I got to talking to a couple of them.  Under all that bright-red lipstick and hair spray are some interesting women.  And of course, a couple of bimbos with aspirations of being beauticians and models/actresses who are doing the gigs hoping to get discovered (I'm guessing at least one moonlights at Mons Venus).  I got to talking with the head choreographer who gave me the inside skinny on how they used to practice in her driveway at night because they weren't allowed in the stadium for rehearsals until game day - and she lived right around the corner from me during that time (all those hotties right under my nose). She didn't give any specifics, but she did say that nowadays the groups gets assistance from the Bucs organization, including coverage on the team's website, and have to follow strict rules as to use of team logo, Swashbuckler name, uniform, and affiliation.  They do a bikini calendar with proceeds going to charity through the Glazer foundation.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Tampa wins it!
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2003, 09:56:40 AM »
One of the girls, out of uniform.