Author Topic: Proposed changes?  (Read 937 times)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Proposed changes?
« on: January 26, 2003, 11:33:00 PM »
You guys asked for a consistant night the other night... TOD has a flexible schedule that precludes us from "locking in" a specific Friday...  What is all of your opinions about moving to a different night that we CAN lock in every month?  I don't want to change something that isn't broke, but if you guys that do KOTH would like it moved, I think we'll have support for it...  I need some input please...

CYasUp!

Offline Newman

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
Proposed changes?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 12:32:54 AM »
I'm one who looks for KOTH on the schedules and keep up with when it's being held so I can attend.

That being said, I'd rather be flying than reading BB's to find out when my fav event is going to be rescheduled to. Knowing it's the "blank" day every month would be nice.

Newman
327th Steel Talons TFS CO (ret)
CM Scenario Team (ret)

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Proposed changes?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2003, 08:15:53 PM »
Looking at the Long Range Events Schedules... I think we could swing a "locked in" Saturday or Tuesday night....  Because KOTH takes so long, I think Saturdays are the only real choice...  The one consideration is that some of the larger events use Saturdays as Event days.  However, they don't go into the night so we could firm up a "Last Saturday of The Month" and put it down IN (mostly)Permanent INK. :)

I'll probably wait until after I can talk to all the KOTHers in February to firm up a change, if any...  Your opinions will help make the decision so please post them here.

BM

Offline Manedew

• Silver Member
Proposed changes?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2003, 08:22:04 PM »
I'd prefer they wern't on Fridays and used the DA arena to fight in.  Fri & Sat are the two worst nights to pick for gaming IMHO

I Remember the WildWensdays in DA being the most fun i.e. no crazy mountains as have become so common in AH(points to pizza).  Most of the War was fought over relatively flat land or water, I thought we were in a sim here?  And some mountains you find in AH these days can't even be found on this place called earth(points to pizza) ... so hope you keep that in mind when you pick the next terrian to use :)

On the old WW map the mountains were pretty mean too ... if you got stuck in some of tho's canyon it could take a player some time to climb out after loseing E.   I remember being shot down quite a few times for diveing with con on my 6, kill him and lose my E in doing so....after this I get killed by lucky SOB who catches you grabing out of these canyons.    Maybe i could just take the WW terrian and set all the alt to sealevel and see if it ran ok... that map would work IMHO.  

If anyone else hates mountains speak up......
starts chanting : DA DA DA!

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Proposed changes?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2003, 01:24:50 PM »
Originally posted by Manedew
I'd prefer they wern't on Fridays and used the DA arena to fight in.  Fri & Sat are the two worst nights to pick for gaming IMHO

Friday or Saturday is the only practical choices I have. As it stands, KOTH usually runs between 3.5 and 5 hours which means that if it weren't on a weekend night, work, school, and day-to-day obligations would preclude playing for most people.

I Remember the WildWensdays in DA being the most fun i.e. no crazy mountains as have become so common in AH(points to pizza).  Most of the War was fought over relatively flat land or water, I thought we were in a sim here?

I personally like the terrain variations, but I will load the DA terrain in the SEA for the March KOTH so we can get a consensus from the participants?

On the old WW map the mountains were pretty mean too ... if you got stuck in some of tho's canyon it could take a player some time to climb out after loseing E.   I remember being shot down quite a few times for diveing with con on my 6, kill him and lose my E in doing so....after this I get killed by lucky SOB who catches you grabing out of these canyons.    Maybe i could just take the WW terrian and set all the alt to sealevel and see if it ran ok... that map would work IMHO.  

I like that terrain too... That one and Rumble, but I don't think WW has any more room than Rumble so we're back to the other thread about insufficient room.  I just made a post asking for a "map designer" to step up and create a new battlefield.  We'll see.

Sorry i took so long to respond, I missed this one.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2003, 01:30:30 PM by BigMax »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Proposed changes?
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 11:37:28 AM »
I agree a more week-end related time frame is better for attendance, but possibly worse for internet traffic.
That relating to the US KOTH. If the EURO KOTH comes to fruition that might effect this problem also. If you can't make one you have the backup and can maybe attend that one. I would think they would want theirs on the weekend also athough.

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54