Author Topic: KOTH Notification  (Read 988 times)

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
KOTH Notification
« on: January 25, 2003, 01:38:11 AM »
I get Jordi's Snapshot, Weekly Events, and other crap email.  It gets deleted.  What I'm looking for is KOTH email.  I don't know what a TOD or Snapshot is.  I can't commit the time to do scenarios.  I love the furballing fun of flying with pilots from all three MA countries.  

Since all the email can be sent about events, can email be sent with KOTH in the subject line, please?

After the December KOTH, I understood the January KOTH would be on the 3rd.  Dunno now if I misunderstood or if the date got changed.  I'd like to request that the KOTH date be set in advance so it can be announced with certainty at each KOTH.

Where's the cat?  It's time to kick the cat.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: KOTH Notification
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2003, 05:25:33 AM »
Originally posted by Gooss
After the December KOTH, I understood the January KOTH would be on the 3rd.  Dunno now if I misunderstood or if the date got changed.  I'd like to request that the KOTH date be set in advance so it can be announced with certainty at each KOTH.
Yes, the date was originally given as January 3rd, but it had to be changed because that was when the Friday TOD was due to restart following the Christmas break.  The KOTHs have to be timed to fall in the week between TODs (which each last for 3 weeks and have one week break).  

The exception to this will be during scenarios when the TODs are put on hold, as is the case with Niemen, due to start with a Beta frame next Saturday.   The next Friday TOD is due to start on March 7th... I imagine the next KOTH, therefore, will be either on February 21st or 28th, while other Fridays during this time will be filled by SnapShots.  I am sure BigMax will confirm the date of the next KOTH shortly.  :)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
KOTH Notification
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2003, 08:54:16 AM »
I also can't commit my time for TODs, although I wish I could, and my only 'event' I attend are KOTHs also.
I also don't like the 'Gee, TODs is over and we have an open weekend to relax and do nothing. Oh wait, lets throw KOTH in there to keep the arena in use.' scheduling that KOTH gets.
But, TODs are the favorite son and KOTH seems like the illegitamate child that gets nothing.
That being said, I do understand TODs have a larger and possibly more dedicated folowing and understand why it is this way.
Could we make every fourth week 8 days long and throw in another frYday and have a more regular schedule for KOTH?

[ I think you can tell I'm mostly kidding but I do think the regularity of the original KOTH helped keep the attendance higher and drew more new players to it. ]

fuzeman
[ Heck I might as well wish fer a million dollars while I'm at it, think I have a better chance getting that than the 2nd frYday. ]
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Gooss

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.327th.com
KOTH Notification
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2003, 09:22:02 AM »
I checked the event calendar for February.  The only thing on it is Nieman.  Apparently, TOD planning is short-term.  So, why not just add KOTH to the Calendar for the first Friday of every month and have TOD simply skip KOTH week?  e.g. Frame One, Frame Two, KOTH, Frame Three.

HONK!
Gooss
CHICKS DIG GULLWINGS
flying and dying since Tour 19

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
KOTH Notification
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2003, 02:13:49 PM »
Just an FYI...

SnapShots:  Don't require any preregistration or more than 2 hours on Wednesday nights...  They are designed to be a (most times) recreation of a historically based battle that can be accomplished in a 2 hour time limit with minimal player planning.  An "Intro to TODs" if you will...  Come check it out this Wednesday night @ 10PM EST, I think you'll have a good time.

TODs:  Yes they have a larger player base and therefore get priority as to time slot planning.  We as CMs have to yield to the populous.  [If we get more KOTHers, then we should have a better stance for requesting a "firmer" spot on the HTC Events schedules.]

Schedules:  I have to wait until I find out when the TODs are, then request the remaining Friday night... The post with KOTH on the 3rd of January was a misprint and was retracted within 24 hours...  It was placed on the caledar by mistake and I announced it without verifying that the date was correct, it is my hit and I apologize for any inconvienience.

Email lists:  I will talk to Skuzzy and see if he can't create a distribution list for the dedicated KOTHers, such as yourself GOOSS.

Please keep the feedback coming... It's what makes the game better.  Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Re: KOTH Notification
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 03:43:51 PM »
Originally posted by Gooss
I get Jordi's Snapshot, Weekly Events, and other crap email.  It gets deleted.  What I'm looking for is KOTH email.

I can't get to your email addy since you have it blocked.  I am in the development phase of a KOTH mailer... Email me at the link below & I'll put you on my list.