Author Topic: Britain to become 51st State  (Read 1052 times)

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Britain to become 51st State
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2003, 10:15:24 AM »
The Bin Laden-esque overtones are deliciously ironic.

It must suck to have your country depicted as the root of all the world's evil.

ra

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2003, 10:18:40 AM »
Originally posted by hawk220
one word, Bounder:  Microbrews

yes, the average American drinks his Bud or whatever trailer park beer by the case and yes, it is simply chilled goat piss..  Come to the Pacific NorthWest..Oregon or Northern Cal and you will find a billion handmade beers that easily rival the best of Germany or England.. (well..maybe not Guiness)

INdeed - we've got our share of outstanding microbreweries in the Northeast too.  ;)

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.332viking.com
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2003, 10:32:59 AM »
Originally posted by Ripsnort
We know wherever the British went the indenginous people would suffer greatly...
{long polemic}
...will the millions of people that suffered at the hands of the British government, British business, and the British military receive justice?  Its time for the US to annex the UK.

I agree. Wholeheartedly.

I look forward to taking up arms with my fellow militiamen, and fighting our joint enemy, the bloated federal government.

We will join forces with our brothers against the government that steals our money and regulates our private lives. We will arm ourselves suitably and reclaim the Glory of the Star Spangled Banner from the Backscratching fatcat parasites of Washington.

We will relocate our Government to London where it belongs, and where we can keep an eye on it.

Expatriates in the dependency of North America will again be taxed in proportion to their wealth and their voting privileges will be revoked. All industry will be nationalised, fast cars will be outlawed, dentists executed.

We will change our name to the United Kingdom of Great Britain, Northern Island, Berwick-upon-Tweed, and (whispered) Northern America and all will cower before our insane might and glory.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2003, 11:14:21 AM »
Berwick-upon-Tweed?  Count me in!

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2003, 02:11:52 PM »
Vampires hate their reflections too, Dowding.

Demonisation now, too! You got that Bin Laden thing going ON!

Tell me, what else do you have in common with the great man?

It must suck to have your country depicted as the root of all the world's evil.

The difference is that t's usually ill-educated and indoctrinated fools that see the US as the root of the world's evil.

In the case of Britain, I wonder what Ripsnort's excuse is?
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2003, 02:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by Dowding

The difference is that t's usually ill-educated and indoctrinated fools that see the US as the root of the world's evil.

Strange, but judging from your anti-US posts here, I thought you were educated?  (shrugs)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2003, 02:27:49 PM »
bounder... we?  I believe that you are having a little trouble realizing who exactly is the windsheild and who is the bug here.
lazs

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2003, 02:48:51 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
bounder... we?  I believe that you are having a little trouble realizing who exactly is the windsheild and who is the bug here.
lazs

Sure Laz, 'we' is after the US annexes the UK (a la ripsnorts suggestion) and we all become US citizens.

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2003, 02:53:47 PM »
real positive message when the brits are pretty much the only country to seriously back the US after sept 11.

51st state? Only if you decide to invade and even then you'll get the bloodiest battle you've ever seen ;)

I like america, they produce cool stuff and easy living. I just dont appreciate this 'we pay for everything' attitude.Yeah yeah maybe you do support the world and many economies.But do you have to brag like school kids? Anyone who colonised the American continent would have ended up the richest Nation on the earth.If you begrudge helping the human race AS A WHOLE you dont deserve the money you have. Its no different to some millionair who wont spend his money to help a starving person in the gutter outside his fine mansion.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2003, 03:00:07 PM »
Anyone who colonised the American continent would have ended up the richest Nation on the earth.

I doubt that very much.  Africa and South America both have quite a lot of natural resources and it doesn't do them much good.  Japan has none and it is an economic superpower.   It takes more than land to make a wealthy country.
If you begrudge helping the human race AS A WHOLE you dont deserve the money you have. Its no different to some millionair who wont spend his money to help a starving person in the gutter outside his fine mansion.

British beer is strong, indeed.

ra

Offline bounder

• Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2003, 06:00:57 PM »
Originally posted by hawk220
one word, Bounder:  Microbrews

yes, the average American drinks his Bud or whatever trailer park beer by the case and yes, it is simply chilled goat piss..  Come to the Pacific NorthWest..Oregon or Northern Cal and you will find a billion handmade beers that easily rival the best of Germany or England.. (well..maybe not Guiness)

Hawk, I was making a crass generalisation for Rip's benefit :D I have no doubts whatsoever that well brewed american Ale is the match for most English beer. (with the notable exceptions of Timothy Taylor Landlord, Theakstons Old Peculier, Horndean Special Brew and Brains SA)

You have your Bud Lite, we have our Carling Black Label. We both have our crosses to bear :D

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2003, 06:34:59 PM »
hazed-: Anyone who colonised the American continent would have ended up the richest Nation on the earth.

Oh, yeah - americans achieved current level of economy by exporting raw materials...

If you begrudge helping the human race AS A WHOLE you dont deserve the money you have.

We do not deserve the wealth we've got - we created it with our own labor and ingenuity. We do not need anyone's approval for that, at least since frenchies kicked out brits for us in 1780.

Its no different to some millionair who wont spend his money to help a starving person in the gutter outside his fine mansion.

True. A millionaire is expected to buy the guy a sandwich and direct him to the nearest place with "Help Wanted" sign. Once. In our opinion, starwing is a personal freedom. As well as abandoning one's traditions and beliefs promoting marital faithfullness and screwing indiscriminately and contracting AIDS.

How much money did America waste on those countries since they've become independent? How much good did it do beyong making few politicians  and private donors feel good?

miko

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2003, 06:36:34 PM »
and dont forget sam adam's beer:),,,i recommend cream stout

im glad british are willing to help,,  its the same people making the same anti american crap in here{i notice a few of them changed there country origins on there profiles so people couldnt pick on the place they live}<~are you afraid to addmit were you are from?,, and i notice they never have anything good to say about anything,,,allways the same jibberish over and over,,,american is evil,and so are anyone who goes along with them,, for a bunch of people who dont seem to beleve in god{not all of you},,you all sure beleve in evil!!,,lol,,what country is going to be picked on next?

according to evolution the weak are replaced by the strong,,,so why should you care about what is good or evil?,,,instead of calling usa evil,,why dont you call us evolutionarily strong instead,,lol..just jokin:P
« Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 07:19:48 PM by hyena426 »

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2003, 06:53:14 PM »
hyena426:  its the same people making the same anti american crap in here{i notice a few of them changed there country origins on there profiles so people couldnt pick on the place they live}<~are you afraid to addmit were you are from?,,

And where the heck are you from?

miko

Offline hyena426

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2003, 06:58:48 PM »
usa,,,but unlike othere people<~~i didnt add or change my profile so some one couldnt see were i was from,,never put it on there in the first place,,were your from shouldnt matter a hill of beans on aces high,,lol<~~i will fly happy with people from china,,russa,,canada,,iraq,,i dont care,,just because are governents dont agree, doesnt mean i hold it against the people
« Last Edit: January 31, 2003, 07:20:27 PM by hyena426 »