Author Topic: Radical Perk Idea  (Read 1356 times)

Offline Graywolf

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.flibble.org/~tim
Radical Perk Idea
« on: January 13, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »

I have a radical idea about the perk system.

How about letting it be implimented, see how it works in real life and THEN making comments about how it HAS changed the game? Rather than all this wild speculation about how it MIGHT change things.

Or is that just TOO radical for people? =)

------------------
Graywolfe <tim@flibble.org>

PakRat

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2001, 11:31:00 AM »
Woohoo! Graywolf gets the clear-thinking, panties fully unbunched (heck, Gray might even wear boxers!), wait and see how it actually works before squeaking, moaning, and whining award!

Way too many posts here about how perks ought to be / ought not to be implemented when the posters ain't got a stinking clue.

------------------
Rape, pillage, then burn...

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2001, 11:46:00 AM »
But pissin' and moanin' about what may or may not happen is FUN!

And it provides a background for those of us who want to say "I told ya so!!" later.

Down with perks!
Down with points!

Then we will be rid of all this messy speculation and I can get back to squeakin' about the REALLY IMPORTANT STUFF, like my B17 fairings and engine covers.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2001, 11:49:00 AM »

How about letting it be implimented, see how it works in real life and THEN making comments about how it HAS changed the game? Rather than all this wild speculation about how it MIGHT change things

GREAT IDEA!  Instead of discussing things before hand, we can wait until they are implimented and then start whining about every aspect of everything because we had no input!  What was I thinking?

This concept could aply in so many facets of our lives.  Lets just let congress get together and make laws.. then see how we like them so they can decide wether or not to keep them.

How about this, we accept that perk points are going to be implimented.  We discuss as many of the possibilities as we can come up with.  We hope HTC is reading and considering the same things.  We then count on HTC to make a good decision on implimentation.

I'm betting HTC does a decent job with perk points.  But, if something goes wrong.. it won't be because it wasn't discussed or considered.

AKDejaVu

Offline Jimdandy

• Zinc Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2001, 11:52:00 AM »
LOL your right. Even with all the thing I've squeaked about I guess I can't deny that it will work. So I guess we better find out.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2001, 11:56:00 AM »
Hey Greywolf, were you ever Lobo or AE71?

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

PakRat

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »

Originally posted by AKDejaVu:
GREAT IDEA!  Instead of discussing things before hand, we can wait until they are implimented and then start whining about every aspect of everything because we had no input!  What was I thinking?

You are right Deja. What was *I* thinking? We lose so much quality whining and squeaking time if we wait to see how it all works. Instead of waiting to whine we can do it all right now and not only that but get all bunched up over things that probably don't even matter.

Yup. I am humbled by your wisdom in this matter. I am just a midget whiner compared to all the pros. I guess I should shut up and learn how to squeak, whine, and moan with the guys who have it nailed as to proper form, timing, and quantity. Oh my the quantity.

Ahem. (clears throat) I want to squeak about something that probably doesn't matter! Let's see. What can I squeak about. Oh yeah - I got it. Dammit, don't perk nukes! If there is a perk B-29, my God, how destabilizing will a nuke be? If someone drops one on center island, they could rush C-47s in and take the whole thing. The humanity. OK, well if you are going to perk nukes, they should all be the small megaton variety so they don't destabilize too much. Oh, but they shouldn't cost a lot because last night I only got 2 perk points on a strike mission where I encountered a lot of resistance but I got three when I hit an undefended ground target. So I think you are going to charge too much for B-29s and nukes! Waaaaaaa Waaaaaaaa I want my mommmmmyyyyyyyyyy  

------------------

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2001, 12:07:00 PM »
I have a radical idea lets implement taxes. we'll tell its temporary and that will take it away later, same here with this perk crapola, there isnt a need for it, it isnt gonna fix any imbalance, its gonna piss new people off who are already gonna be under a steep learning curve, and once its here it isnt gonna go away easily just like taxes havent, ( you are paying your taxes arent you <G> ). Your country's down by say 20 players, are all of ya gonna have enough points for the perk plane, maybe most likely not, all of ya excellent pilots and not gonna lose em right off the bat? maybe most likely not, so is this gonna offset your personnel problem? Dont think so, you gotta remember your probably gonna face the deficit all night long, and this perk system wont likely solve the problems of balance.

PakRat

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2001, 12:11:00 PM »
Wooohoo Tyro! I should be learning from you instead of Deja!

Hell, Deja assumes the perks are a good thing and then wants to debate the implementation. You, on the other hand go for the throat! Why even squeak about the implementation when you can squeak about them even existing at all?

Tyro is truly the pro - I can see that now. Skip the crapola and go right to squeaking about them even being in the sim! No that's squeaking with style! No waiting to see how people like them here! Yesssiirrreee! That's the ticket!

Tyro! Tyro! Tyro!

------------------

Offline Tyro48

• Copper Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2001, 12:14:00 PM »
Your right Pak lets just lay down and take it our $30 bucks dont give us a right to any input, ideas, or opinions, lets just be non-commital about everything, try something that has merit and has a good chance to solve a problem, you bet, but perk points and planes isnt gonna solve the " imbalance " so many think they see.

Grab your fav plane and hit the skys!

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
 "Taxes = perks"

Wow. Are you off your meds or somehting?

-Westy

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »

You are right Deja. What was *I* thinking? We lose so much quality whining and squeaking time if we wait to see how it all works. Instead of waiting to whine we can do it all right now and not only that but get all bunched up over things that probably don't even matter.

Find where I've been bunched up over the perk system.

I think there will be certain problems with it.  I think those problems can be discussed.

Now.. lets say those problems aren't discussed and actually do prove to be issues after implimentation.  I'm sure people are going to come on and say "I think we need to discuss the issue of perk planes only attacking with a distinct advantage".. they surely won't say "THE PERK SYSTEM SUCKS AND SHOULD BE REMOVED BECAUSE OF ALL THE ACK HUGGING ALT MONKEY UBER HO CANNON RUNNING DWEEBS THAT ARE FLYING THEM!".  That doesn't seem to be the tone people take on this bbs hardly ever.

I'd rather see the discussion occur beforehand than listen to the squeaking that occurs when something is implimented that is buggy or doesn't work well.

AKDejaVu

PakRat

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2001, 12:32:00 PM »

Originally posted by Tyro48:
Your right Pak lets just lay down and take it our $30 bucks dont give us a right to any input, ideas, or opinions....but perk points and planes isnt gonna solve the " imbalance " so many think they see.

Everybody certainly has a right to input and opinions. I personally think that the smart thing to do is wait to see how it actually works before we cry foul or call for dropping the perk system entirely.

If you like AH now, why do you automatically assume that HTC is going to screw us with the perk system? If you think they have built a good sim now, why do you assume that a new feature will be implemented in such a way as to ruin the sim?

It's all crap.

They tweak planes, they tweak AAA, they tweak scenery - all to make a better sim and to enhance the enjoyment of all involved. If perk points turn out to not work then I'm sure they will be adjusted until they do or eliminated altogether.

But you guys crying that they shouldn't even be tried in the first place or deciding they won't be implemented properly when you don't have all the facts to even make that call are just crybabies.

As to the imbalance so many think they see - you take a poll or vote or something? Just because you see an imbalance doesn't mean everyone else does.

Just take a powder and see how it works. You remind me of a kid that looks at dinner, doesn't like the way it looks, aims his nose at the ceiling and refuses to taste or eat anything.

------------------

whels1

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2001, 02:10:00 PM »
Pak,

what u seem to miss is, that the perk sys is already out and working, we just dont have perk planes to use the point on.

all i stated in my post are facts, based on what the sys is doing right now as is. without input from customers like and others
HT and group would be hard pressed to find all the flaws and things left out by accident.

whels

Originally posted by PakRat:
Everybody certainly has a right to input and opinions. I personally think that the smart thing to do is wait to see how it actually works before we cry foul or call for dropping the perk system entirely.

If you like AH now, why do you automatically assume that HTC is going to screw us with the perk system? If you think they have built a good sim now, why do you assume that a new feature will be implemented in such a way as to ruin the sim?

It's all crap.

They tweak planes, they tweak AAA, they tweak scenery - all to make a better sim and to enhance the enjoyment of all involved. If perk points turn out to not work then I'm sure they will be adjusted until they do or eliminated altogether.

But you guys crying that they shouldn't even be tried in the first place or deciding they won't be implemented properly when you don't have all the facts to even make that call are just crybabies.

As to the imbalance so many think they see - you take a poll or vote or something? Just because you see an imbalance doesn't mean everyone else does.

Just take a powder and see how it works. You remind me of a kid that looks at dinner, doesn't like the way it looks, aims his nose at the ceiling and refuses to taste or eat anything.

PakRat

Radical Perk Idea
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2001, 03:31:00 PM »
And Whels, what you miss is that we don't know what will be offered or what it will cost. The perk points are categorized. A nuke could cost 1,000,000 perk points. Every year or so you might see a bright flash in the arena. Certainly an event but not anything that would upset the game play because it would be so rare that someone had enough points or the desire to buy.

The same goes for anything else. Without knowing how much something in a category will cost, or even what is/will be available, all this debate over how many points you get for this or that mission is just a waste of time. A total waste of time.

------------------