Author Topic: Warps? I wonder  (Read 516 times)

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Warps? I wonder
« on: September 11, 2000, 11:32:00 AM »
Last night I noticed that a plane would warp whenever any part of it touched a frame on my windscreen... even the tail or wingtip.

Is it really a warp or a bug from the disappearing Icon change?

AKDejaVu

Offline delta

• Copper Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2000, 11:43:00 AM »
Hmmmmmm,

I noticed almost the exact same thing yesterday.  I was closing in on some plane; it got to the point where it was almost filling up about three quarters of the entire forward view.  Just as I was about to pull the trigger, the plane just warped out of view immediately.

delta

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2000, 11:47:00 AM »
As this is the second reference you have made concerning warp in the last few days, I must ask... How severe is the warp you see?

As you might imagine, I am most curious of your response... mine has been unplayable.  

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2000, 12:08:00 PM »
I've seen all these posts about warping recently, and it must be a product of having all the downloading and the additional people online but...Since the upgrade, I can remember seeing only 1 warp, and that was just a micro-warp that quickly settled itself.  I've mostly been logging in after 8PM PST...is anyone seeing warps after this time?  I've got a pretty fast internet connection (1.1mb SDSL), but that shouldn't be a factor if it's due to server load, should it?  Just kinda curious why I'm not seeing it!

SOB
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline delta

• Copper Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2000, 12:30:00 PM »
To Kieren,

If your post was directed at me, then:

The warp was immediate.  One second the plane image was there; the next second it was totally gone, like not there, empty space.  Like now you see. Now you don't.

delta

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2000, 01:01:00 PM »
I am having the same problems here.  

Offline Staga

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.nohomersclub.com/
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2000, 01:07:00 PM »
Lots of warps these days  

Offline maddog

• Nickel Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2000, 01:34:00 PM »
I've had lots of "plane out of view" warps.. I'm assuming this is what it is but it isn't working well....
doc

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2000, 04:24:00 PM »
It totally disappears for me.  Makes up close shots virtually impossible.

AKDejaVu

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2000, 05:39:00 PM »
Delta-

Actually I was directing that to AKDejaVu, but thanks for the info nonetheless.

I had attributed my warp to the big download going on. Still, it was for me exactly as some of you are describing- "peek-a-boo". I only needed one flight to tell me it was time to go. My connect quality does vary, but I think it is on my end.

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2000, 05:42:00 PM »
I don't think its the download Kirin... It happens too consistantly.  Always when upclose.. and Always when a part of his plane touches any part of my windshield frame or cowling.

I notice it up close alot more becuase the planes are bigger (thus more likely to touch something).

AKDejaVu

carl

Warps? I wonder
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2000, 05:48:00 PM »
No problem here , i'm only at 150ms not good not bad , the first 2 days new version was out was horrible (downloads),  its back to norm. now.  one things is , if you are using a modem and using v.90 you're making a big mistake . When i tried v90 it was warpfestival , with .90 off and running at 30-33k its just plain ol cream.  smoooooth

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 09-11-2000).]

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »
Using DSL here Carl.  I've never had a problem before.

One thing to be clear on.. these aren't warps.  I've been behind A5s enough to know what a warp looks like ( )... the plane is simply disappearing and then reappearing a moment later.  Its not anywhere near a second.. more like a half a second or less.  Unfortunately, these are times that the aircraft is completely filling the windscreen

AKDejaVu

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2000, 06:17:00 PM »
I've been complaining about this for a few weeks now, i guess the techhelp was the wrong folder. These warps made the game unplayable for me. At 3-5k out i start thinking about the merge and what i will do (plane vs. plane) at 2k out they warp behind me, across the screen, wherever, making any type of ACM impossible, trying to finally track their 6 is ok then zipps forward,slows again then zips forward, again making any ACM impossible. HO's i lose my wings 3k past the merge. I did a ping tracer and under 10 hops return ping averaged 103ms full return trip. The ICON "blipwarp" is common, i've read about the windsheild spurs causing this?? could be, but the dot warps at the 'old icon range' i'm presuming because they warp well before i see any icon. this added to my 95% (7 for 7 last night) flight disconnects (DSL) really have me hovering over the "cancel my subscription" button, althou i love AH, and feel this is a great sym, chock full of good people, i am feed up with the ACM being " the "luck of the warp".
NUTTZ

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Warps? I wonder
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2000, 06:19:00 PM »
I have noticed the old " mystery" dots are also back.

NUTTZ