Author Topic: French Navy Saved America  (Read 914 times)

Offline Siaf__csf

• Gold Member
French Navy Saved America
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2003, 02:57:02 AM »
Heh Hangtime if you start to write about the stuff the French sold Saddam, you should list also all the hardware your own government was giving to Iraq when it was at war with Iran.. Lol.

Talk about pot blames the kettle there..

Toad: "In fact, you anger me MORE. I expect that from them, to a certain extent.

I expect an American to be more appreciative of those to whom we owe thanks for help in gaining our freedom. "

How could an American be more appreciative when he statistically speaking probably doesn't even know where France is? Just wondering.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2003, 04:23:09 AM »
Looks like French did it right, those missles are capable of firing backward too. :D

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2003, 07:44:10 AM »
Originally posted by john9001
you are confusing the french people with the country of france.

the french that helped the US 200 years ago are NOT the same people that live in france now, Rochambeau and Washington are long dead,

history is history, but now is now and todays french do not like to fight no matter what the cause  "peace in our time"

Speaking of courage why is your location Floride ?

Some one a big pair of B* like you should you be somewhere near Iraq.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2003, 07:47:48 AM »
Originally posted by Siaf__csf
How could an American be more appreciative when he statistically speaking probably doesn't even know where France is? Just wondering.

That's it? That's your best cheap shot?

If we're all so bloody stupid.......... how is it we got where we are?

Enjoy your generalizations that help you cope.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2003, 09:20:46 AM »
straffo
 i served my time in the US Marines in the 60's

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2003, 09:35:25 AM »
to you, then John.

We'll disagree on some things but I know at "push comes to shove" we'll be in agreement.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2003, 12:05:10 PM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Very interesting, and very dangerous. I wonder what the Russians are planning too.

Edit: A US/UK vs. France/Russia war on Middle Eastern soil ... WOW!

Well, we already did a US/Allies war vs Iraq/Russian weapons war. Guess who won? And don't believe for a second that the Iraqis didn't fight back. They were just so overpowered by superior weaponry and better trained forces as to make it seem they didn't.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2003, 09:29:07 PM »
Like the T-72s and T-80s that lacked essential night-vision equipment, ballistic computers, DU penetrators and the 9M119 Refleks guided missile (AT-11) which is the primary AT weapon of the T-72, T-80 and T-90 MBTs.

***BZZZZZZZRRRRTTTTT*****

Sorry, wrong answer.

If this hardware is to be utilized then troops have to be very highly and technicly trained.

No such towelhead skillbase exists. To use modern weapon systems of the type you describe you'd need nationaly trained troops to operate 'em proficeintly.

That means your suggesting Russian or French crews operating those highly technical systems.

Thats a dangerous suggestion.

:D
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2003, 09:39:18 PM »
ya ya , vee haft heear dis all beefour

iraq could have won gulf war " IF "

germany could have won WW2 " IF"

pigs could fly "IF" they had wings

i could be rich "IF" i hit the lotto

but a question, why does some one from norway hero worship a WW2 german fighter pilot? you even use his name online and have his bio in your sig.  i thought norway fought the germans in WW2 , or tried to.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2003, 10:47:42 PM »
Gosh, given the near-continual, bitter conflict between these two nuclear powers over Kashmir, I would have said "bad news for the entire world".

Offline CavemanJ

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2003, 10:54:06 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

We OWE the French. Period.

Hey..uh.. Toad...

Usually when you go dingging into something I gain some new insight into the topic matter, whether I agree or disagree with you on the subject.

But this one just leaves a great big ? floating in the air.

Yes, the French saved out bacon in the revolutionary war.  Kudos to them and a great big Thanks!

But, um, didn't we go and save thier bacon in a couple world wars?  Granted my history on I is really weak, but in II didn't we go over and kick the germans out for'em?
I dinnae... I'd say II evens the score for way back then.. but then ya gotta figure I in there somewhere /shrug

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2003, 11:02:37 PM »
How can one keep score on this one Cave?

We wouldn't even have been here for WW1 and WW2 as the economic and industrial powerhouse that we were without them.

My point is and remains:

Those Americans that are now bashing the French for forgetting our sacrifices for them in the 1900's are themselves doing exactly what they are lambasting the French for doing.

They, who condemn the French for "forgetting" have themselves forgotten what the French did for us.

And every "good act" by the United States since then hinges upon and has its roots in the sacrifice of the French during the Revolution. We would not have won without them. It's that simple.

So, these French Bashers have become their enemy.

It's stupid. It's foolish. It's unbecoming and it's ungrateful.

It's everything they accuse the French of doing.

Offline Frogm4n

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2003, 11:10:34 PM »
its all history and noone in this world owes anybody anything from wars 50 years+. The french are trying to make a name for themselves because of those old wars. It is all just saber rattleing.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2003, 11:12:03 PM »
It's hypocrisy on the part of the French bashers is what it is.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2003, 11:38:46 PM »
Sorry Toad, I have to disagree. When the French denied us the right to overfly their airspace when we attacked Kadafi they lost any warm feelings I had toward them then. Been downhill ever since.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.