Author Topic: 163 need more fuel  (Read 511 times)

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
163 need more fuel
« on: February 19, 2003, 02:56:36 AM »
On SFMA-Uterus  Kights HQ got taken out about 7 times lastnigt.  So the 8th time cons were inbound I upped a 163 and killed 2 B17s over our 163 base.  Then went back to land and some how over G,ed it and died. 3forms were inboud yet so I upped another one to get to HQ and run out of gas.  Dont perk the 163 if it cant even make it to HQ and back.  I even killed my engines when got up to 25k and level to save fuel. Ended up ditching it in a feild. I know other maps it has plenty of fuel but SFMA its all most a sure loss of perks if you up one. Also might be differnt in the North west and in the south.  Our HQ was in North east corner

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 03:59:28 AM »
Agree, the 163 should have its historical endurance rather than half of that in the MA.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 04:16:32 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
Agree, the 163 should have its historical endurance rather than half of that in the MA.

Is the endurance of the 163 not correct?
~7minutes at full throttle seems to be what I've read it had.  And what is has in the MA.  The 163 is able to travel 25 miles, and still have enough fuel for 2-3minutes of _full throttle_ fighting, and still be able to RTB.  In a straight line, it can make about 150miles on a full tank of gas.

The problem isnt the plane, just the location of the HQ bases.  (uterus isnt the only map with the problem though)

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
163 need more fuel
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 05:13:14 AM »
Agreed, more fuel to the 163 is not the problem. HQ should be placed so bombers must fly past or at least near the base the 163 is based at.

The darn thing will turn with a spit for pete's sake, no more fuel plz.
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 05:18:22 AM »
You misunderstand. The 163 does have its historical endurance modeled, however the MA fuel multiplier cuts that in half just like with every other plane. However the multiplier effects the 163 unbelievably more than any other plane, being so short legged as it is.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
Re: 163 need more fuel
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 10:01:14 AM »
Originally posted by mia389
On SFMA-Uterus  Kights HQ got taken out about 7 times lastnigt.  So the 8th time cons were inbound I upped a 163 and killed 2 B17s over our 163 base.  Then went back to land and some how over G,ed it and died. 3forms were inboud yet so I upped another one to get to HQ and run out of gas.  Dont perk the 163 if it cant even make it to HQ and back.  I even killed my engines when got up to 25k and level to save fuel. Ended up ditching it in a feild. I know other maps it has plenty of fuel but SFMA its all most a sure loss of perks if you up one. Also might be differnt in the North west and in the south.  Our HQ was in North east corner

This would seem not to be so much a fuel problem as a map problem.

Offline Lazerus1

• Nickel Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 10:48:54 AM »
Go off-line and try to use the fuel modifier for the Me163. It didnt work for me a few weeks back. It could be that the 163 has its historical endurance and immunity from the effects of the multiplier. Just a thought.

Offline whels

• Silver Member
Re: Re: 163 need more fuel
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 11:01:34 AM »
Originally posted by maxtor
This would seem not to be so much a fuel problem as a map problem.

HQ needs to be remodeld with 2 things.

1, its own Dar. as it is now, HQ has no Dar lol.

2. a runway and fuel tanks. only enable the 163 at HQ. would solve the closest field problem.

Whels

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: 163 need more fuel
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 11:44:06 AM »
Originally posted by whels

2. a runway and fuel tanks. only enable the 163 at HQ. would solve the closest field problem.

Whels

That was the original idea when I presented it to HT in Con 2000. Somehow that got lost on its implementation.

Offline LLv34_Snefens

• Nickel Member
      • Lentolaivue 34
163 need more fuel
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 11:55:37 AM »
Originally posted by Lazerus1
Go off-line and try to use the fuel modifier for the Me163. It didnt work for me a few weeks back. It could be that the 163 has its historical endurance and immunity from the effects of the multiplier. Just a thought.

Correct. I discovered this as well when it was released and I just tested it again. Multiplier at 6000 (each millisec a minute) and endurance is unchanged.

Now. Something else I discovered. The Me163's endurance is affected by SPEED!

I just did a number of tests with the following results:

0K Altitude, 1 mph, Endurance 5:15
0K Altitude, 525 mph IAS/TAS, Endurance 7:58
Default climb, 370 mph IAS, Endurance 8:24 (TAS starts at 370, ends at about 600 mph)
Theoretically 600 mph TAS, Endurance 10:00

When doing the default climb it is easy to see on the fuel indicator that the usage is lower when TAS is high. In the test with default climb, the TAS was about 600 mph the last 1/4 of the tank, and each 1/8 took were used in about 75 sec, so I just multiplied that with 8 to get a theoretically endurance, if the 163 was going 600mph non-stop.

Snefens, Lentolaivue 34.

"Luck beats skill anytime"

Offline maxtor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2003, 11:56:01 AM »

Whels

wouldn't hurt to have some defenses at the stat targets either.   Manned guns (88's would be interesting) and/or some gv's wouldn't suck.

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 11:57:09 AM »
Originally posted by GScholz
You misunderstand. The 163 does have its historical endurance modeled, however the MA fuel multiplier cuts that in half just like with every other plane.

Wrong.
The 163 is completly unaffected by the fuel multiplier.

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2003, 12:04:42 PM »
I stand corrected.

Offline mia389

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2003, 03:47:44 PM »

Whels

Good Idea whels I would go for that.  That would elimitnate the 163s at bases when a country is getting good push to

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
163 need more fuel
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2003, 06:31:51 PM »
The fuel burn in the MA is set at 2 (I believe), and it makes perfect sense to me... not all airfields were 25 miles apart, you know.
Army of Muppets