Author Topic: graphics engine on AH2  (Read 4406 times)

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2003, 09:59:27 PM »
I hope it will on my system to. but if it dont i will get a new system :)

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
Re: geeez
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2003, 03:01:15 AM »
Originally posted by RockZ
What are you guys here all talking about. The reason I think AH is great is not the graphics. It's the superrealistic aspect and the gameplay that does it(for me anyway). All the new generation games are all about graphics.. AH is more about gameplay, and I love the game for it:D. Off course the graphics do count, but if I see a game with better graphics it's not a reason for me to prefer that game..

There is nothing "super realistic" about the way AH looks now. Sure, the FM feels right in most cases, but nothing looks remotely real. I also see some ppl are hapy HTC has so little competition. If HTC had more competition we would have had AH2 last year, if not earlier.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline RockZ

• Zinc Member
:P
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2003, 04:08:05 AM »
I was not talking about the way it looks.. i'm talking about the gameplay.. thought I was quite clear about that part

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2003, 04:25:12 AM »
Yes you were. I just added the graphics into the equation. Looks are important for immersion.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline NHMadmax

• Copper Member
      • http://www.mofsw.com
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2003, 07:11:34 AM »
well what ever happens to it i hope is looks good plays well and works on my system

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2003, 08:44:55 AM »
I remember when AH planes had torque........

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2003, 08:50:30 AM »
I remember when AH planes had torque........

Offline BGBMAW

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2003, 01:32:24 PM »
LMFAo..BiGuns says.."My wife just bougth a new Alien Ware"..nice 1 BiG Guns...lolo

And..Chairboy.....lolol..nice Jr Rommel...lololol

Please HTC,,,Make my p41,6g     ATi 8500 hurt ....

COme on GRAPHICS!!!!!!!!

We already have good gameplay..minus a few small things..Frikn Unstopable Tigers..I saw 8+ 1k boms land on a Tiger...Ya he blew a track..the guy was still firing...!!!

Ya his pintle gun killed 2 loads of troops..lol....We did get base but..took longer then wanted

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2003, 12:39:39 PM »
i find a ju88 formation dropping all 20 of those little bombs on a tiger seems to do the trick

Offline Ridge

• Copper Member
      • http://www.combatfs.com/forums/index.php
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2003, 06:26:34 PM »
CFS2 is quite a good gaming platform.

Here is a new aircraft I am nearly finished building for it...

S!

Ridge

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2003, 10:30:52 PM »
Why cant just HTC borrow graphics engine on CFS2 with some little tweaks on the code (like to make it work for online game that can handle 1000 people). If they borrow the graphics engine from CFS2, the system reqs would go down  (P3 900 to P2 450) drastically but you still need 64mb or greater V-card and also it will be cheaper and faster to produce.

Do you remember this quote from flyaceshigh.com when you were a newbie?

"If you want to see a company going 120% for its customers and a product that has come a long way in a short time, check out Aces High.  It's simply great."   SimHQ

now thats what i want for the next AH (2).

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2003, 11:36:08 PM »
Originally posted by Ike 2K#
Why cant just HTC borrow graphics engine on CFS2 with some little tweaks on the code (like to make it work for online game that can handle 1000 people). If they borrow the graphics engine from CFS2, the system reqs would go down  (P3 900 to P2 450) drastically but you still need 64mb or greater V-card and also it will be cheaper and faster to produce.

Do you remember this quote from flyaceshigh.com when you were a newbie?

now thats what i want for the next AH (2).

Because that engine is proprietary, bloated and probably doesn't do many of the things that HTC want their engine to do. Many more reasons besides that that I am aware of and I'm sure many that I'm not aware of.

Oh yeah, it also doesn't look up to date.  Why switch from one outdated engine to another, one you don't even know because you didn't write it?
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2003, 02:07:27 AM »
Originally posted by Ike 2K#
Why cant just HTC borrow graphics engine on CFS2 with some little tweaks on the code...

Because that would be copyright infringement, which would mean HTC could/will be sued by Mico$oft, then they would go up bankcrupt.

Which mean NO Aces High, for ANYONE!!!

But even if they did BUY the engine, M$ would charge a ****load for it. Who in their right Golly-geen minds would buy a crappy out of date engine, not worth it's megabyteage on my hard disk?

HTC is updating this engine to be more graphicly powerful. Eye candy always drags in paytrons.

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2003, 10:17:24 PM »
Well... I see the pros and cons in both aspects. Graphics are nice, but there are a lot of us who don't have great systems, nor the money to just 'go out and buy them'.

My computer came from a pawn shop (sadly enough).

* PIII 500Mhz
* GeForce 4 MX 440 SE 64MB DDR RAM
* 224 RAM

Yup, it's obsolete, it sucks. But I can't just go out and get a better one, and as big of an AH addict I am, I'de be royally peeved if HT dumped it's low-end customers for a bit of eye candy, as nice as it is.

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
graphics engine on AH2
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2003, 11:30:29 PM »
Originally posted by Rutilant

My computer came from a pawn shop (sadly enough).

* PIII 500Mhz
* GeForce 4 MX 440 SE 64MB DDR RAM
* 224 RAM

NOW thats the sys reqs that HTC should target instead of P3 900mhz.

my system is worse off than yours lol

*celeron 700
*ATi Radeon 7500 PCI w/t catalyst 2.5 drivers
*direcx 9
*384 PC-133 ram

i may get higher than 60 fps in 1024x768 32 bit with anistrophic at at 16x if i just replace my processor with pentium 3 1.4 GHZ (if i could find one for cheap price)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2003, 11:35:24 PM by Ike 2K# »