Author Topic: MA numbers  (Read 1009 times)

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
MA numbers
« on: February 20, 2003, 09:40:04 PM »
Holly Molly   663/700 at 7:30pm pac time..

is AH running a promo?

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
MA numbers
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 09:47:04 PM »
It's either a promo SunKing or there is a whole lot of people that love mindy as I do..

That's one serious census..

Times are good..
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline AGJV44_Rot 1

• Copper Member
MA numbers
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 10:06:34 PM »
Yea and the MA just crashed as well.  Time to upgrade them servers Again.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
MA numbers
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2003, 10:06:37 PM »
Hangar froze in MA just now, can't change plane.  Tried relogging.

MA closed.  :confused:

Offline moose

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ccrhl.com
MA numbers
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2003, 10:06:47 PM »
i thought it was cool too but the server was horribly laggy. i could barely finish a sortie
<----ASSASSINS---->

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
MA numbers
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2003, 10:07:45 PM »
Doh, just beat me to it, AG.  

Fun flying tonight.  I'd love to do it again sometime.

Offline SLCR

• Copper Member
MA numbers
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2003, 10:09:03 PM »
Yep, many e-mails went out to former players giving them a free month till March 15th(or something like that).

I flew for a bit but the war/lag fest was unbearable so i logged off for a few.  I just checked in and the server was down...go finger.

-Slicer0

Offline PAZZOTUFFO

• Zinc Member
MA numbers
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2003, 10:13:49 PM »
I just want to know if HTC realizes what is doing. I guess income is above promises. I still remember signing up to the game because of the line " We wanted to make the best game " that was a long time ago. Disappointing.

Offline BlckMgk

• Nickel Member
MA numbers
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2003, 10:49:09 PM »
I've been playing AH for almost 2 years now, and well the servers go through phases, but all in all I would have to say 95% of my AH experience was extreamly enjoyable with very little effects of lag. They had some latency issues with AKDesert, then with trinity, Both large maps. AH knows what they're doing Skuzzy will nail the problem down and allow you to enjoy your self online.

-BM

Offline takeda

• Nickel Member
MA numbers
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2003, 01:33:52 AM »
I logged back last night, for the promo thing, mostly to greet old friends and check the progress of the game.

The fact is that I don't like the high population gameplay. And not because of lag, it was mostly bearable, a few warps here and there but...

Back when we had 100-150 on, you knew everyone, and there was that sense of "chivalry of the sky" and plenty of 1vs1 or 2vs2 with the ocassional 10-12 people mission or squad sortie. All I saw last night were huge 50 plane mindless furballs, rampant kill stealing (ouch, killshooter) and loads of silly gray/green spam on the chat.

Maybe its only a matter of looking harder in the map to find a low population area, climb to 20K there and meet my old enemies in B&Z heaven, i'll try.

I liked most other new things, bomber changes are great, etc...

I don't know if I will stay... when I left, 15$ were nothing even if I did not play more than twice a month, but now i'm buried by the mortgage, car payments, water, gas, food, electricity, dsl...  so 15$ seems like the topping on a too big cake...

I'll keep checking until March 15, maybe I will get used to the new gameplay and stay.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
MA numbers
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2003, 07:20:30 AM »
I refuse to play when the MA is over 500..its such a warp fest...I signed on last night I think I flew 2-3 times and gave up..

The MA needs to be cut down in size...this seems like trying to park a caddy in a compact parking spot...it will fit but you'll never get out.:rolleyes:

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
CT!!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2003, 10:59:35 AM »
Originally posted by takeda

The fact is that I don't like the high population gameplay. And not because of lag, it was mostly bearable, a few warps here and there but...

Back when we had 100-150 on, you knew everyone, and there was that sense of "chivalry of the sky" and plenty of 1vs1 or 2vs2 with the ocassional 10-12 people mission or squad sortie. All I saw last night were huge 50 plane mindless furballs, rampant kill stealing (ouch, killshooter) and loads of silly gray/green spam on the chat.

For you and others who are returning for a bit, try the CT. It's a lot like the old days, but with the new features.

GronK

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
MA numbers
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2003, 11:25:12 AM »
hit 675 by 9:00pm mtn...800 ping when i left...had planes flying backwards...but where i was (screwing up on a large ki67 rook HQ raid that i flew for a hour to do.)ll never make that mistake again... was actually pretty good considering
« Last Edit: February 21, 2003, 01:28:17 PM by vorticon »

Offline OZkansas

• Nickel Member
MA numbers
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2003, 11:30:45 AM »
663 online, WOW!

I hope to see 1,000 someday:)

Early beta was great due to the small numbers online, but 600+ is also great!  Wonder how many were in the CT,DA,TA at that time?  Maybe 800 or so were online?

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
MA numbers
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2003, 01:57:24 PM »
Tried to get in ma--was locked, saw that the CT had over 160 peeps(lol 160)  Was a blast in there
Wish had more peeps in there every night, that would be my regular stop then, much more interesting maps, if sides uneven-people go to other side to make more fair, very little if any gangbangers, lots of good winging fighters, way more fun than watching 30 Typhoons suicide auger into your fields :)

NwBie
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."