Author Topic: Procedural Issues  (Read 988 times)

Offline najdorf

• Copper Member
Procedural Issues
« on: February 19, 2003, 04:11:25 PM »
I don't want to waste anyone's time on Friday, so I'll ask my questions now.

1.  Should I film the entire egagement?  Not that I expect to get anywhere close to winning, but is that something everyone does in case there is some issue following a match.

2.  Is everyone given a particular heading to vector to when taking off or do you just try and make sure no one is flying in exactly your direction?

3.  Are there boundaries besides those of alt?  Specifically, it seems as though when the call to turn and fight goes out, you could just keep flying away and then try and return when there's hardly anyone left.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Re: Procedural Issues
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 07:41:22 AM »
Originally posted by najdorf
I don't want to waste anyone's time on Friday, so I'll ask my questions now.

1.  Should I film the entire egagement?  Not that I expect to get anywhere close to winning, but is that something everyone does in case there is some issue following a match.

That is up to you...  It is a good idea to film, but not required.  Having film does help sometimes.

2.  Is everyone given a particular heading to vector to when taking off or do you just try and make sure no one is flying in exactly your direction?

***KOTH*** is a "Genleman's/Ladies" game... All pile-its are asked to give each other space to maneuver at the start.  Picking a neutral vector is up to each pilot.  I do ask if all fliers are ready before I turn killshooter off, that's the time to say "HOLD IT, XXXXXX is right on my 6!"

3.  Are there boundaries besides those of alt?  Specifically, it seems as though when the call to turn and fight goes out, you could just keep flying away and then try and return when there's hardly anyone left.

There are rules covering this... please read these
The alt cap is low, and the area we fight in is limited...  We make it hard to stay out of the fights on purpose.  You'll see when you get there...  ***KOTH*** is hard to describe, but well worth the experience!  C U There

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Procedural Issues
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2003, 09:37:08 AM »
Originally posted by najdorf

The 'true spirit' of KOTH is engage , engage, and engage.
That is how it was originally in AirWarrior. The AH KOTH seems to have included a 'make a pass and extend.. then extend some more'', shall we say, which can not really be controlled.
At the 'go FIGHT!' call, you should really try to engage your closest target. The only 'cruising' that should be done is after a fight getting back to 5k, which isn't a definate because there might be another target closer before you get there.
Of course these are my opinions and probably a reason I'm still looking for my first AH match win.
[ I'll shaddup now. ]

fuzeman
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Procedural Issues
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2003, 09:10:42 PM »
Fuze..

It's part of the reason we tend to use walled terrains for KOTH... Limited ability to run...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Procedural Issues
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2003, 11:31:00 PM »
Agreed BigMax... walls are good :)
I guess we'll never stop that 'Reno Air race' component completely.
Heck, I'm just disappointed I couldn't attend, so I'm whining about it instead.
Ahhhh SHADDUP fuzeman!!!

fuzeman

Also, as I've said before, your doing a great job as host BigMax!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
Procedural Issues
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2003, 07:54:55 PM »
We'll save you a spot next month...

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Procedural Issues
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2003, 09:22:51 PM »
'Save me a spot'... right.
I know where that spot will be too.... about 300 yards in front of your plane.
Ah heck... getting killed in KOTH is still way better than missing them.

:)   fuzeman