Author Topic: Worlds Funniest Newbie Questions...  (Read 2093 times)

Offline Montezuma

• Silver Member
Worlds Funniest Newbie Questions...
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2003, 08:12:22 PM »
Originally posted by pzvg
for a returning guy like me checking the game out again, this is about the worst ad incentive you can give, I threw away my hop to try and save this jerk, and his idea of gratitude is to blame me for his clearly hopeless death.

He didn't harass you because you're a newbie, he harassed you because he's a moron.

When you find a MMP combat game that has no idiots playing, please let us know.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: Re: "How do I take off?"
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2003, 08:13:54 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Disclaimer: This post may become a rant.

That's no rant and what's more I agree with you.

If a noob shows a clear desire to learn and participate then more power to them. If they trash talk incessantly and type in caps then they can just sod off please.

palef
Retired

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2003, 04:34:46 AM »
Originally posted by palef

If a noob shows a clear desire to learn and participate then more power to them. If they trash talk incessantly and type in caps then they can just sod off please.

palef

Just stopped being a newbie myself and try to help whenever I can. But there's no helping some people... (as palef says)

What bites me time and time again in AH (my first on-line gaming experience) is that people are so UNBELIEVABLY RUDE to each other. I am convinced that most of the guys being like that on-line are too timid to even look me in the eye IRL.

I can live with morons, work with them every day, but ye Gods, get rid of the unreasonable whiners, the selfish and the rude. I tend to believe from this forum that things are better in the CT, but hardly anyone is on when I play (Europe based).

See you tonight in my F4U1-D and shame on you if I get you because I suck Nilfisk in that plane :D

Offline flyingaround

• Nickel Member
just cound NOT let this one go by.......
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2003, 05:59:18 AM »
Originally posted by hogenbor
See you tonight in my F4U1-D and shame on you if I get you because I suck Nilfisk in that plane :D

ok.... two quick questions.
1.  is nilfisk a cpid?
2. is f4u1-d a two seater

sorry in advance.
had to be asked

-Lute
WMLute

III/JG26 9th ST WidowMakers

Offline ET

• Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2003, 06:14:25 AM »
Too bad each country doesn't have a training squad in MA. Could rotate instructors. TA usually becomes a vulch fest with people attacking you even when you ask them not to.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2003, 06:22:43 AM »
Originally posted by crowMAW
crowMAW: ALERT HQ!!!
Newb: Which HQ?
:rolleyes:

Originally posted be reschke:

From this past Friday night

Noob: "How do you send messages to your country?"

Me: "You just did it newby."

Noob: "what did I just do?"

Me: "You just sent a message to your country."

Noob: "I don't believe you...hey does anyone else know how to send a message to your country?"

Me: .squelch Noob

rofl
« Last Edit: February 26, 2003, 06:25:38 AM by Sixpence »
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
Re: just cound NOT let this one go by.......
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2003, 08:22:29 AM »
Originally posted by flyingaround
ok.... two quick questions.
1.  is nilfisk a cpid?
2. is f4u1-d a two seater

sorry in advance.
had to be asked

-Lute

Oh dear...

Two quick answers:

1. I hope that it's not a cpid although it would be very funny :D

Nilfisk is a brand of vacuum cleaners from Denmark. They actually had a slogan in the 80's which translates from Dutch to English as 'Nothing sucks like a Nilfisk'. This was of course some years before the English expression 'sucks' was transferred/translated to common Dutch :D

But the slogan lead to the somewhat politically incorrect joke that goes like this:

Q: Why are Danish (or Swedish) women so good?
A: Because they're long. blonde and suck like a Nilfisk :D

2. The F4U-1D is NOT a two seater :D Never ever have seen pics of a two-seater Corsair, don't know if they exist. The P-51 can apparently be converted easily to tweo-seater configuration though.

Offline davidpt40

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2003, 09:39:33 AM »
Several bishops were attacking an airbase, and the VH needed to be destroyed.  One bish gets on the radio and says hes in a  bomber (this is pre-complicated bombsite days) and that he will kill the vehicle hangar.  I am circling the Vh in my F4U, and I see this bish b26 comming in about 50 feet headed for the vehicle hangar.  Everyone is counting on this guy to kill the VH, C47 is enroute, everyones ordinance is expended from killing GVs.  The bomber flies right over the VH, drops all his bombs several hundred yards past the target, and then on the radio buffer I see "Did I hit it?".  I replied "That was the funniest thing I have seen all day hahha"

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2003, 10:49:38 AM »
A similar thing happened to me.  This guy was enroute to a V base in a Ju88 and asked for a goony.  I upped a C47 and made my way to the V base.  He was just arriving as I was doing a circuit.  I thought hey, no problem, he's going to bomb the place into oblivion.  Nope... he starts to straff the ack and VH with his forward single 7.9mm!  Needless to say he gets blown out the sky by the ack!  After I asked why he didn't bomb it, he simply replied that he didn't load bombs as he wanted to get there quick.  He then got all aggressive saying it wasn't his fault... blah blah blah ;)
NEXX

Offline Nwbie

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2003, 11:55:29 AM »
As most of these peeps are probably teens or pre-teens and are labeled as my namesake :), I feel the need to help when I can. I am certainly no great stick in the game, but do know the basics at least. So when I see a "Newbie" ask a question that shows complete ignorance of gameplay, I check the roster to see if a knit or not. Then I Private message him and tell him I will have him up and at least flying in ten minutes if he will do as I say.
I take him to a back base, talk him through all the basic setups in the hanger, tell him about auto takeoff, gun convergence-shoot at red guys :) etc...
Most of these peeps couldnt find the TA if they tried, and if they at least get up in the air, understand it may take weeks to get their first kill(and let me know when they do-to give them the proper hurrah :) ) There are several Bish And Rook flyers I private message to and they help the noob on their team-- I do this cuz guys like Fidel(NB) Sehob, Teufl, DieAz etc... helped me in AW aol many years ago--prob cuz it was too funny watching me auger taking off :)

NwBie

Noob: Ok, thank you,   "wow I'm up in the air!! " Ok, now how do I kill someone?

NwBie: "If you figure that out, tell me :)
Skuzzy-- "Facts are slowly becoming irrelevant in favor of the nutjob."

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2003, 01:53:28 PM »
Originally posted by davidpt40
Several bishops were attacking an airbase, and the VH needed to be destroyed.  One bish gets on the radio and says hes in a  bomber (this is pre-complicated bombsite days) and that he will kill the vehicle hangar.  I am circling the Vh in my F4U, and I see this bish b26 comming in about 50 feet headed for the vehicle hangar.  Everyone is counting on this guy to kill the VH, C47 is enroute, everyones ordinance is expended from killing GVs.  The bomber flies right over the VH, drops all his bombs several hundred yards past the target, and then on the radio buffer I see "Did I hit it?".  I replied "That was the funniest thing I have seen all day hahha"

The newbs are those that use their ord for GVs before the vh is down.