Author Topic: Aircraft graphics incorrect?  (Read 840 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Aircraft graphics incorrect?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 1999, 11:05:00 PM »
<punt>
Enough already!!!!!

-ta---
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

funked

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 1999, 11:50:00 PM »
Topcat I sent you an email.

But that "LW Conspiracy" crap is just that, utter crap.

The main LW planes in WB are respectively 1500 lbs overweight and 400hp short.  I'll leave you to guess the planes.

Also we have USAAF/USN fighters that get every possible a/g loadout and even optional gun loadouts, while one of the greatest multirole planes of the war (Fw 190) gets a centerline bomb and nothing more.

I'm not saying "waaa feel sorry for Luftwaffe pilots", but there is nothing in the game to support a conspiracy.

One thing:  There may be some history that I don't know about to support a conspiracy theory.  I've only recently flown with a Luftwaffe squad, and I can't say I've followed too many partisan debates in the past.  So if I'm missing some info please tell me.

Topcat

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 1999, 11:52:00 PM »
Thanks all for the replies, especially the HTC crew   .

As far as I know, many of the aircraft in WB were designed to be specific aircraft, or from specific squadrons (eg the Ki61, the P51D), and I thought it was just the RAF that were getting short-changed.

Obviously I'm wrong, so I'll shut up now  

<Salute> all

Funked - got your e-mail, thanks.  Believe me, it's not just the LW types that feel agrieved by the all-options-available that the US aircraft have traditionally had.  The same issues relate to the Brtish planeset in that regard as the German.

Topcat
249 Squadron RAF "Gold Coast"

With Fists and Heels
Tangmere Wing

[This message has been edited by Topcat (edited 08-06-1999).]

funked

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 1999, 11:57:00 PM »
Wait FT's reading this?

Woohoo let's flame him about 6-views!!!

LOL <S> dude I still stick up for you on AGW.  

Offline Beaz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 1999, 02:46:00 AM »
So the P51 in Warbirds isn't modelled on a famous fighter group? Seems like double standards to me... shove a bit of green and grey camo on an aircraft and leave it at that... yet everyone else seems to get the paint schemes they require  

Seems to me if your going to honour the memories of these guys that fought and died in this conflict then the least you can do is paint the aircraft right... who was the guy who flew a P51 on his own and defended an entire bomber group... had all his guns jam on him except one... killed a total of 6 enemy aircraft and defended the group to the target... he was rewarded with the highest honour I think... who was the one RAF fighter command pilot to be rewarded the Victoria Cross... I think there was only one. Which unit did Eric Hauptman fly for... paint the 109's in that colour scheme... I can think of no better.

<dons flame retardent suit and stands well back>

Regards

Daren

------------------
Beaz

"With Fists and Heels"
Part of the Tangmere Wing

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 1999, 11:17:00 AM »
Topcat:  Point taken.  We'll switch the markings.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

Topcat

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 1999, 11:53:00 AM »
Pyro - really?!!!  Wow!  Thanks      I never seriously expected anyone to listen, but I knew you guys really do care about the history of it all so I thought it was worth a go.

Thank you very very much - I really appreciate it      And thanks also for taking time to check the board on a Saturday - you guys can't be getting much time off at the moment.

Beaz, about the Victoria Cross - the chap was flying a Hurricane (and I do realise you know this   - it's a slight plug for when they get around to modelling the aircraft)

Topcat

With Fists and Heels
Tangmere Wing

[This message has been edited by Topcat (edited 08-07-1999).]

Bad Omen

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 1999, 02:30:00 PM »
I agree with Topcat and Beaz. I think the markings should represent units or individuals aircraft as a tribute to their deeds.
It is also nice to see Pyro et al actually respond and listen to our requests!
I also would like to eventually see the ability to edit the a/c 'skins' ala what Microprose just released for EAW. This would be something that works on your FE only, I don't want to see anything added to the what needs to be transmitted as part of the data, like what HT said. However, for scenarios especially, if we are to be allowed to create our own terrain, it would be cool if we could offer correct markings that would be a separate optional d/l to correspond to that terrain. IOW if someone did a Finnish campaign terrain, with lots of snow, it would be cool if there was an optional art set that had the I-16, MiG-3, LaGG-3, Me-109, Brewster Buffalo, Fokkers in correct Finnish and Soviet markings and in winter camoflage.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 1999, 04:20:00 PM »
Just to let you guys know, we weren't trying to single out anyone.  Pyro didn't want me to use any single markings because I used several different references on the spit 9.  The plane is representative of a certain airfield (I don't have the reference in front of me right now).  Anyway, I can see that you guys have bugged Pyro enough about the markings, so I guess I'll be changing them to something else. >:P
The P51 is, I believe, George Preddy's plane.  Again, I don't have the reference in front of me.  I'm no WWII fanatic, so don't flame me for that.  I also didn't mean any disrespect to any of the brave pilots of WWII.  I'm just trying to have some fun man.  Chill...    

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"The Artist Formerly Known As MONKEY"

[This message has been edited by SUPERFLY (edited 08-09-1999).]
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline Krod

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.wwiitechpubs.com
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 1999, 05:34:00 PM »
Two quick comments:

Monkey, record the markings somewhere PLEASE. Someone may write a book about AH sometime...

The Hurri 1 would also be great as Pattle's AC whenever it gets done.

------------------
Krod
 nitro@nitro.co.za
Krod's WarBirds Pages, featuring Hatchlings
 krod.warbirds.org/
Editor: The WarBirds Book
 www.nitro.co.za/wb-book/

Topcat

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 1999, 03:04:00 AM »
Hi Superfly,

I also didn't mean any disrespect to any of the brave pilots of WWII. I'm just trying to have some fun man

I think we all realise that - <salute> and thanks for the change  

------------------
Topcat

With Fists and Heels
Tangmere Wing

Offline Beaz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 1999, 02:34:00 AM »
It wasn't meant as a flame superfly... more of a suggestion.

Paint the aircraft in the colours of the people that made their name in it or performed great deeds... Hartmann , Galland, "pips" Priller, "Sailor" Malan, Bader, Don Gentile, George Beurling... etc etc. It was a suggestion thats all... not a flame  

Regards

Daren

------------------
Beaz

"With Fists and Heels"
Part of the Tangmere Wing

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 1999, 09:04:00 AM »
What do you think about using No. 64 Squadron markings?  We're not sure as to whether or not No 64 Sqn flew Spit IXe's.

I had a talk with Pyro, and part of the problem is that the Spitfire in AH represents both the IXe and the IXb/IXc.  The ordnance system allows you to choose between wing configurations.  If anyone knows of a squadron that flew both the IXb and IXe with that paint scheme, we can use that if No 64 didn't.

------------------
John "SUPERFLY" Guytan - Art Director
HiTech Creations
"The Artist Formerly Known As MONKEY"

John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Topcat

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 1999, 10:05:00 AM »
How soon do you need an answer, Superfly?

------------------
Topcat

With Fists and Heels
Tangmere Wing

spinny

« Reply #29 on: August 09, 1999, 10:06:00 AM »
would be nice to see a skull and crossbones
on the nose of the Hog...assuming we get
the Hog

------------------