Author Topic: HTC: a new killier plane/method I'd like to see in the game  (Read 757 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
HTC: a new killier plane/method I'd like to see in the game
« on: March 05, 2003, 12:13:02 PM »
Ok, in the last week or so there have been some really hairy furballs.. man what fun!!!

It occurred to me last night... this fabulous epiphany..

I flew from A52 to A4 at about 12000 feet (too lazy to go higher)

I arrived and found that other than a n1k that seemed to be lost, I was on top of the heap of a hornet's nest of a furball... I'm talking a whole sector full of snarling, turning aircraft.  I quickly dispatched the high n1k(I didn't want him to accidently collide with me as he meandered around), then watched in a somewhat bemused state the utter chaos below me.  Then it struck me... with the kind of fights currently going on, the best killing machine is... a C47.

Yes,  A goonie bird.  I'd like to be able to take a "gunner" in a C47 whose ammunition in a pallet of bricks, loaded near the side door.....say 60 or so. By dropping these bricks, one at a time, I'm certain I could have a k/s of around 12 or so.. So many planes down there,  how could I miss??!!!!  Now I understand that such a lethal machine would have to be perked.. but I'll pay any price!!!

I need a "gunner".  any good bricklayers out there?
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Innominate

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 12:18:15 PM »
Forget that, give it a couple of cannons.

Above 27000feet there is NOTHING that can dogfight a c47. :D

Offline icemaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 12:34:00 PM »
I ran into a furball like that the other night. For the hell of it I dived down and flew right tru the center of the bait ball firing my guns. I got 2 kills with out moving the stick or aiming.  Was laughing so hard bout fell out of my cockpit.
Army of Das Muppets     
Member DFC Furballers INC. If you cant piss with big dogs go run with the pack

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 12:38:39 PM »
Puff the Magic Dragon

A C-47 with .50cals poking out the portside windows.  Later armed with Gatling-style guns, now its a Herc gunship with Vulcan cannons and bigger.

You could probably accomplish the same thing with a Havoc and a gunner, or a single B-17 with a gunner, no bombs.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 01:10:45 PM »
better yet make it so bombs can collide with planes and make large explosions...fly over with 20 100 pounders drop em all off...

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 01:18:00 PM »
You wouldn't need to hit'em. Just let the bomblets fall and see if the impact concussion would knock a few down.

Offline X2Lee

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 01:22:22 PM »
Originally posted by Innominate
Forget that, give it a couple of cannons.

Above 27000feet there is NOTHING that can dogfight a c47. :D

above 15k theres nothing that can turn with a goon, I have even fought a niki from 15 k to the deck and he augered tryin to keel me   :)

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2003, 01:38:03 PM »
I vote for a new aircraft the Russian Li2. This useful machine could can be used to transport troops and some versions had a mid upper turret to shoot down those annoying fighters.

Never heard of the Li2? Actually it was  a licence built C47 some of which actually had a gun turret.

An alternative to the Gooney bird would simply be to  bail out over the whole furball. As you sailed serenely through the maelstrom you would collect several proximity kills as foolish people tried shoot you. In the last month's tour I collected 9 kills that way. It was the third highest scoring 'aircraft' I flew.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2003, 01:40:55 PM »
Guns on the c47 are fine... but you guys need to understand....as lethal as that plane would be under the circumstances I've mentioned, it would probably be perked beyond affordability.  No, a pallet of nice red bricks will suffice while keeping the perk price as low as possible.  Besides, if the bad guys are 5k below you, the brick is just as accurate as a .50... and more lethal!!  Work with me.  :)

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2003, 04:51:11 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Guns on the c47 are fine... but you guys need to understand....as lethal as that plane would be under the circumstances I've mentioned, it would probably be perked beyond affordability.  No, a pallet of nice red bricks will suffice while keeping the perk price as low as possible.  Besides, if the bad guys are 5k below you, the brick is just as accurate as a .50... and more lethal!!  Work with me.  :)

Work with you. Ok. Why bricks? Just load the '47 up with sheep. This would work, and it would reduce the surplus sheep population. Not only that, the gore factor alone would make an awesome addition. And it would be an easy addition, as we already have the bah sound in place. When the sheep hits a plane, have it cover the canopy with blood, by default, with the sheep's eyes stuck on the plexiglass, peering at the pilot. Now we're talking about a truly immersive environment! Bricks are boring... :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2003, 04:56:02 PM »
Maybe sheep could be an optional load-out?  I mean,  60 bricks or maybe 10 sheep?

Offline Biggles

• Copper Member
      • Muzak
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 04:59:05 PM »
Maybe sheep could be an optional load-out?  I mean,  60 bricks or maybe 10 sheep?

I think we're headed in the right direction here.

One thing not mentioned, though. What about kill-shooter? What if a brick or sheep hits one of your own guys?

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Re: HTC: a new killier plane/method I'd like to see in the game
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 07:54:32 PM »

I flew from A52 to A4 at about 12000 feet (too lazy to go higher)

Why on earth would you go that high to join a furball. That's about 8000 feet of wasted time ;)
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2003, 09:19:11 PM »
Originally posted by icemaw
I ran into a furball like that the other night. For the hell of it I dived down and flew right tru the center of the bait ball firing my guns. I got 2 kills with out moving the stick or aiming.  Was laughing so hard bout fell out of my cockpit.

Darned MAWS :mad:

palef
Retired

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: HTC: a new killier plane/method I'd like to see in the game
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2003, 09:21:35 PM »

I need a "gunner".  any good bricklayers out there?

If you can source Camel dung bricks, I'm in.

palef
Retired