Author Topic: "Disk Boot Failure" on Asus P4PE  (Read 373 times)

Offline coop2

• Zinc Member
"Disk Boot Failure" on Asus P4PE
« on: March 07, 2003, 01:19:13 AM »
Heys guys I just got all of my components together and as soon as I fired her up it up she gave me the message "DISK BOOT ERROR INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I try putting in my XP CD in  and it keeps giving me the same message. Have any of you guys seen or heard of this before? If so what the heck am I supposed to do?

thanks

mike

Offline aknimitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 06:24:22 AM »
Coop!?? LONG TIME NO SEE m8! :) How's life treating you? Sorry, dunno about yer problem, but good to see you :)

NIm

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 06:27:32 AM »
Are you sure to have set the proper boot order in your bios ?
I'm mean CDROM in first position.

What kind of mother board do you have ?
My brand newx Asus A7N8X was unable to boot from my CD or CD Writer untill I flashed my bios to the 1002 version.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 03:39:04 AM »
coop2 - not being rude, but check that the cable is plugged all the way into the HDD.

I don't know anything about XP, but with the other OS you had to do initial boot from a floppy, and then put the CD in when asked. I guess XP has moved on from floppies, so like the other guys say - make sure your CDROM comes top of the list in the boot sequence (or disable boot from the HDD) and begin boot with the CD already in the drive. May have to power up, get error message and then Ctrl-Alt-Delete.

In short, the message you're getting is telling you that there's bugger all on your HDD.