Author Topic: New Historical Events with new terrain  (Read 1534 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
New Historical Events with new terrain
« on: March 15, 2003, 03:34:04 PM »
Hi,

I've made a new terrain of Israel with boarding countryes - Egypt,Syria,Jordan,Lebanon and the little part of Iraq.
The terrain was made to make events of very interesting history of Israel Air Force superiority.
You can find the terrain and the description of potential events at my site http://www.geocities.com/artyomtnk/
and the terrain can be found at this link:
http://www.geocities.com/artyomtnk/israel-150303.zip

I've wrote some possible scenarios - the biggest one is Six Day War - Moked (Focus) with 3 countries take a part in it, that can be very ineresting.

So anybody who is responsible for events making Tilt or someone else please take a look on my terrain and the scenarios I've wrote. It very interesting to realise this scenarios and to fly over the middle east.

for any contact email to the squard:
101@101squadron.com

Artik,
101 "Red" Squ., Israel
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline blackwitch

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.whitewitchweb.clara.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 04:27:17 AM »
Nice idea Artik :)

Nice to see someone thinking "outside the box"

Witch

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2003, 11:56:53 AM »
Yes It is really nice idea,
and if it will be developed - there is a possibility of making a big spesial event as Nieman. So who is responsible for projects of events please respond, what do I need,how to make this events on-line.Waiting for responce.

Artik, 101 "Red" Sqn, Israel

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2003, 08:04:28 PM »
I like the terrain especially for creating historical snapsnots and SquadOps.  But as for later than WWII scenarios, it won't feel the same without proper aircraft to make up the loose ends.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 05:00:10 AM »
Hi, thank you for replay. I know that the events would look better if the historical planes take a part in the game. But we know also that the pilots make the flight and not the plane. If we use WWII planes too simulate Mirage and MiG-21 that the difference between them more or less the same we still able feel that we fly in 1967 over Suez channel, even flying in Mustang and not Mirage because the tactics in 67 and 45 was almost the same.
Anyway we can try to make such snapshots as experiment and to see how it works. More then that we can make the events of 48 and 56 where Mustangs, Mosquito, B-17, Spit and Messershmits took a part. We should try it and it could be one-day big event as Niemen. So when and how we can try this snapshots?

Artik,
101 "Red" Squ., Israel

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2003, 02:49:35 PM »
Just to let you know there is a long thread in the CM BB about this. Don't want you to think we are ignoring you. :) Lots of options to look at and consider.  

Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2003, 06:22:08 PM »
Originally posted by artik
Hi, thank you for replay. I know that the events would look better if the historical planes take a part in the game. But we know also that the pilots make the flight and not the plane. If we use WWII planes too simulate Mirage and MiG-21 that the difference between them more or less the same we still able feel that we fly in 1967 over Suez channel, even flying in Mustang and not Mirage because the tactics in 67 and 45 was almost the same.
Anyway we can try to make such snapshots as experiment and to see how it works. More then that we can make the events of 48 and 56 where Mustangs, Mosquito, B-17, Spit and Messershmits took a part. We should try it and it could be one-day big event as Niemen. So when and how we can try this snapshots?

Artik,
101 "Red" Squ., Israel

im miss smth or u are in wrong game?

ramzey

Offline blackwitch

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.whitewitchweb.clara.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2003, 04:19:14 AM »
Hi artik,

I noticed some white "triangles" on the ground as I flew around this map, might need "touching up"

Still is a kewl idea though, in fact I seem to remember that in this  map area there was a Spit on Spit incident where some RAF and Isreali air force spits engaged each other !!

:)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2003, 04:25:31 AM by blackwitch »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2003, 12:32:53 PM »
The French In Syiria Faught a Campagine aganst the Brits in 42 I beleave it would be a good CT set up, howeaver we would have to improvise, send me a screan shot of the map (dont Zip it) in my email, so I can seee if the base placement is good enough for the CT.

bradys5@hotmail.com

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 12:05:42 PM »
Hi, there were 3 accidents between RAF and IAF in 48.
1 - 2 RAF spits were shut down near Abu Agila,
2 - RAF Mosquito was shgut down over Hazor AB when it photografed it by IAF Mustang
3 - 5 of 8 RAF spits were shut down near El Arish by 4 IAF spits. There were a lot of activity of young IAF in this arena.

About air forces activity in 42 over Syria I don't know a lot. If you have any information, tell me. Anyway I can make some additions for the terrain.
The most interesting things in this area had happened during long period of history of IAF air superiority such as 6 day war.
Unfortunately, there were a lot of wars in this area: 48, 56, 67, 73, 82 and in all of them IAF had very important part. Most of this events we can simulate in AH. The events of 48 and 56 we can use even exactly planes. For example, good link for 6 days war: SIX DAYS WAR. I hope that the new area for AH will interest a lot of AH pilots. I'm going to add soon much more historical scenarios to my site to make you able to know more about IAF history.

Artik,
101 "Red" Squ., Israel
« Last Edit: March 25, 2003, 01:05:42 PM by artik »

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2003, 04:32:16 PM »
IAF History has always interested me, clearly their exploits are the stuff of legened.

Howeaver In AH I am not to shure in the CT that it would go over very well, anything that is past ww2 in terms of scope has meet with serious controversy controversy, we tryed a couple times to do a Koriean conflect and it did not go over well.

Howeaver a late 40's air battle may be diferent.

The time Frame I am refering to for Syria was actualy in late 41. Batles raged from Aprial of 41 to July of 41 in Jordan Palestine,Iraq,Syria,Lebanon and up to the Turkish Boarder. The Battle was primarly between Vichy French forces in the Former French colonina possestions and the Free French and British forces from their Possitions in the area.

If we were to create an add hock plane set that featured some of the early war planes to represent the forces involved it could creat an unique plane set that would be fun set aganst the back drop of the Middle East.

The Same Map could be used as you sugest for a mid to late 40's battle using late war planes modeled in AH.

In effect killing two birds with one stone.

I have a map I could scan than will help in understanding the area involved.

For CT use we generaly like to see bases that are at least a sector apart and that suport Ground Vehicals. A good example is ASW's Rhine map. This map suports a two sided war with the third country issolated to prevent it being atacked as it is out of play( realy placing it off map is another good way to go.).

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2003, 07:27:55 AM »
Hi, there are a lot of problems to make a part of events without relevant planes, but I think it worth to try, there are too many options for historical events.
For example: Operation in Sinai in 56 of Israel, British and French armies. The plane that took a part in this war were Gloster Meteor (simulated by 262) Mustang, Mosquito II-28 (ar243) and GVs. If do not use later planes in this event MiG-15, Mister we can do good multi-frame event. In this year EAF had only jets, IAF used p51 and moss for attack. I think that better events should be based on later AF activity. About the places of fields – all air bases are historical for example H-3. And I think only more GV bases can be added at the places of historical towns (Gaza). Anyway if you see any bugs at the terrain email me

Artik,
101 "Red" Squ., Israel

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2003, 01:32:17 PM »
I cant realy download Zip files my system is buged and they just dont download for some reasion.

One thing to consider is a dual use for your map, if bases were placed more like my previous example above the map could be used in the CT, for events you just dont use all the bases, howeaver I havent seen the map, so it is dificult to comment on this, is their a way you could post a shot if the clipboard map so I can see the base layout?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2003, 01:41:29 PM by brady »

Offline ViFF

• Copper Member
      • http://www.101squadron.com/
field layout of artik's terrain
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2003, 02:08:09 PM »
image attached:

Offline ViFF

• Copper Member
      • http://www.101squadron.com/
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2003, 02:28:27 PM »
Taken from http://home.sprynet.com/~anneled/IAFtotal.html , a list of all Israeli air combat victories:

The Avia S-199 is a Czech built variant of the 109, built on the fuselage and wings of a 109G-14, with a weak 900hp Jumo engine, and no nose cannon.

Date           Aircraft        Number    Kill               Country
03-Jun-48   Avia S 199               2 C-47               Egypt
08-Jun-48   Avia S 199               1 Spitfire            Egypt
10-Jul-48    Avia S 199               1 AT-6                Syria
18-Jul-48    Avia S 199               1 Spitfire            Egypt
23-Sep-48  Avia S 199               1 Rapide            Jordan
16-Oct-48   Avia S 199               1 Spitfire           Egypt
19-Oct-48   Beaufighter             1 Fury               Egypt
21-Oct-48   Spitfire IX                1 Spitfire           Egypt
04-Nov-48  Spitfire IX                1 C-47               Egypt
17-Nov-48  Spitfire IX             0.5 Spitfire           Egypt
                   P-51D                  0.5 Spitfire           Egypt