Author Topic: Sad.  (Read 280 times)

OpIvy

Sad.
« on: March 28, 2001, 12:05:00 PM »
OpIvy has 23 kills and has been killed 81 times.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Sad.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2001, 12:13:00 PM »
Getting killed is easy.  Its the killing part thats a squeak.

All in all you have some improving to do but you are definetly on the right track!

Y

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
Sad.
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2001, 12:25:00 PM »
<g>it's not that bad for someone who just started. When years ago I started in AW and WB I considered it to be my lucky day when I killed someone. Damn, even now, after taking several month break from AH, I'm struggling to get more then 1:1 ratio. More or less constant flying is the only way to get good.

mx22

Originally posted by OpIvy:
OpIvy has 23 kills and has been killed 81 times.

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Sad.
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2001, 12:28:00 PM »
Don't sweat it opivy. My kill/die is crap too, but I don't care. Probably 20% of my deaths are intentional.   Although some people wok to improve their kill/die ( I do at times), if you're good, word will get around, and you will earn your respect that way.

Now, in the upcoming 'Hostile Shores' thingamabob, you can bet I'll be flying to live.

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Sad.
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2001, 12:29:00 PM »
Hey - I started off in Fighter Ace straight into Territorial Combat, not the Arcade.

Long and short of it - I was killed 100 times before I got my first kill.  AH is harder then FA - your doing well for just starting.

Zippatuh

Sturm

Sad.
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2001, 12:33:00 PM »
Zipp I was one of those guys that got 40 or so on you that day Runway vulchimus maximus

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel
Airfield Defense Squadron

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Sad.
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2001, 01:14:00 PM »
Geeman has 10 kills and 69 deaths, yes, it does get worse than your score!

Offline ElLobo

• Zinc Member
Sad.
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2001, 01:20:00 PM »
Don't look at your overall K/D. Go to Stats and see how you're doing in the different planes. My overall is like .87, but in the A5 im almost 2/1, and in the Seafire I am 2/1. My overall K/D is screwed up because of a lot of ground attack missions where I didn't score it as attack. BTW it would be nice if that, you take off with bombs on a fighter its automatic that it be scored as attack. Yep this is much more difficult than FA, thats why I will never go back to FA.

------------------
Aces of America
Fly to Live, Live to fly
Do or Die

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
Sad.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2001, 01:25:00 PM »
Yea Rip, but are you going to tell him GMan is 5?  LOL

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline DoKtor GonZo

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.gonzoville.com/DoK/
Sad.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2001, 01:31:00 PM »
If you do a lot of JABO work - be it against fields or GV's - your k/d will suck.

-DoK

Sturm

Sad.
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
Dont worry about stats, I don't and I used to worry about it so much in FA.  In here I have below a 1 overall and I am finding it more enjoyable then having a 13+ in FA.  One other thing flying in a squad will make you become more aware of different AC, I fly all of them and not just a couple types.  So of course my K/D will suck until I figure them out.  Also base defense will kill your stats, which is funny watching a base get overrun and seeing the green bar full at another base and a quarter full at the base being attacked.  One other thing use the training arena and offline mode as well.  It will help with your gunery skills at least.  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
Sad.
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2001, 01:41:00 PM »
I've found that my stats went up dramatically when I stopped respawning at vulched fields.  Though, I still find it hard to resist the urge at times

If your record in the MA is really getting you down... spend some time in H2H games or find some people to hit the dueling arena with you.  Practice makes perfect... and kills there aren't recorded in your stats.

AKDejaVu

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Sad.
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »

Originally posted by Sturm:
Zipp I was one of those guys that got 40 or so on you that day   Runway vulchimus maximus

LOL - yeah yeah - so it took me some time to figure out you could change fields  

Sturm

Sad.
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2001, 02:37:00 PM »
Zipp i had a few nics in FA, PG_Sturm PG_AG air_Sturm _Pips_Priller _EGO_FA_God _82nd_AG

Not sure when it was I ran into you, but one of those nics might refresh your memeory  

Salute I am going on 3 weeks now in AH andlove it, wish I had made the transition a lot sooner.  30 bucks a month means I can't go to the bar one less night a month  

------------------
Sturm6 StaffelKapitän
JV44 Platzschutzstaffel

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
Sad.
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2001, 03:59:00 PM »
Hehe  - I remember the nicks from FA “air_strum” and “pips_priller”; however, that first day.  I only remember it was SU.  No padlock knowledge, I think I was in a Typhoon (looked cool  ), and the only dumb arse on that field.  Probably explains my nervous twitch to this day when I encounter anything soviet.  To my credit though, staying with the same nick, my ratio moved up toward an even 1:1 – or close to it.  Spent half a year digging the hole and the next half filling it in.

Did I mention how much I like the scoring "Tour" thing  

30 dollars, well - good thing I quit smoking.  The wife never argued once about the price LOL

Zippatuh