Author Topic: News  (Read 316 times)

Offline rosco-

• Copper Member
News
« on: May 09, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
 Another thing we're planning to do with terrains in the main arena is to change the way we rotate them. Instead of rotating them through at the end of the tour, they'll be rotated when the war is won. This will allow us to have more terrains in the rotation and keep things changing often. It will also allow us to experiment with different terrains more easily. This probably won't be in place with the 1.07 release but should be enabled sometime during the period that 1.07 is the active version

I like this idea! And that sounds like we will be getting more terrains to try out. Dont like the current terrain you say? Well you arnent stuck with it for a whole month  

Offline Pepe

• Silver Member
News
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2001, 12:19:00 PM »
Yeah! A lot.

Pepe

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
News
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
Its the reference to "experimenting" which sounds promising.

New user terrains will loft the MA into a whole different feel/level altogether.

...which is a GOOD thing btw.

Offline Mighty1

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
News
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2001, 12:26:00 PM »
We're also making some of the AA guns player controlled like the ones on the ships. Certain bases will also have fortified heavy artillery nearby for fleet defense.

Now this is good news!
I have been reborn a new man!

Notice I never said a better man.

AG Sachsenberg

News
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2001, 12:31:00 PM »
Great news about stuff we already know [rolleyes], when is it freakin coming out thats what we care to know?

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
News
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2001, 12:38:00 PM »
The biggest improvement (besides my beautiful 47D-11) will be the separation and changing of the fighter hangars.  This will make it much more difficult to destroy a fields fighter hangars with a single buff.  I like it.

And AG, we didn't know some of this, had no idea about the terrain rolling, the manable acks, the field changes, etc.  This is all information I'm glad to have. When it's coming is pretty much irrelevent.  It's inevitable.  

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
News
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2001, 12:39:00 PM »
I do have a question though.

What happens when I'm flying along in my Jug and the reset happens and the map changes?  Does my sortie end?  Does the map change while I'm still in the air?

------------------
Sean "Lephturn" Conrad - Aces High Chief Trainer

A proud member of the mighty Flying Pigs
http://www.flyingpigs.com

Check out Lephturn's Aerodrome for AH articles and training info!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
News
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2001, 12:44:00 PM »
AG's question was "when":
Answer:1,209,600 seconds.

AG Sachsenberg

News
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2001, 12:45:00 PM »
Well I am counting my days down for internet connectivity 3 weeks to be exact.  As far as what he posted well alot was discussed in MA about some of these features.  So basically it is just that, a wet the appetite keep everyone on their toes and interest high kinda post.  

And I to am curious about the rotating map/WTF happens to my perk plane in flight  

AG Sachsenberg

News
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2001, 12:57:00 PM »
2 weeks lol.  I wish, and yes I know what thread this pertains to

Offline Gargoyle

• Zinc Member
News
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2001, 01:02:00 PM »
quote:What happens when I'm flying along in my Jug and the reset happens and the map changes? Does my sortie end? Does the map change while I'm still in the air?
------

I think as soon as a reset happens, a solar eclipse could be modeled.  You look out your canopy, suddenly there is the moon crossing the sun!  Within 5 minutes, everything goes black and the stars come out.  Then, this mysterious aurora appears in the sky, coming closer to you, like in that movie "The Final Countdown" where the Nimitz got sent back in time to WW2    The aurora gets closer and closer to you, then a flash.  Your airplane spins, your gauges tumbling and spinning wildly.  A swirly "Time Tunnel" appears in front of you sucking you in.

Then POW!  Your cruising along at 10k in a clear sunny sky in a strange mysterious world.  Wait, there's an airfield below!  Is it friendly?  Hostile?  Will the people I meet when I land even be human?

Would do great things for the immersion factor I think.  Plus, going on the "Hollywood writers are never revisionist" theory, it would add realism.  After all, the Philadelphia Experiment was based on a true story....

Offline Pyro

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
News
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2001, 01:10:00 PM »

Originally posted by AG Sachsenberg:
Great news about stuff we already know [rolleyes], when is it freakin coming out thats what we care to know?

In the last month, you've graced us with 250 posts of this stellar quality?  

Leph, all flights will terminate at the reset with the sortie being counted as landed.

------------------
Doug "Pyro" Balmos
HiTech Creations

AG Sachsenberg

News
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2001, 01:15:00 PM »

Originally posted by Pyro:
In the last month, you've graced us with 250 posts of this stellar quality?  

Leph, all flights will terminate at the reset with the sortie being counted as landed.

And you post such a stellar response as well    Read my above post might explain why I posted that.  But then again like the others read what you want to and not whats always between the lines.

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
News
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2001, 01:21:00 PM »
I recant my comment after consuming a well-needed caffine bevvie.

[This message has been edited by Mickey1992 (edited 05-09-2001).]

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
News
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
If history shows us anything, we know that within two weeks of getting the report "Such and such is done" we get a new version. 1.07 will be here shortly, take heart.

Damn skippy, Mighty1. Bring that CV into the base, place our fighters under the CV ack umbrella.

Go on. I dare ya!