Author Topic: 420Fatty  (Read 523 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
420Fatty
« on: April 06, 2003, 04:06:58 PM »
Ok, I started a thread.  

Explain your case.  From what I gather, you're disappointed in the server's performance?

And try reeeally hard not to use foul language or insults.  This isn't channel one... lets see how mature you can be.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline 420Fatty

• Zinc Member
420Fatty
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 04:27:51 PM »
No one was even addressing you.  I merely stated that i was tired of paying 14.95 a month  for screen freezes, along with about 1/3 of the people playing lately and u started your usual crap. ( guess ill start saving screenshots) it seems you're one of the people who just "Jump in" on someone with a cute comment to something not even directed at you and then u keep egging them on, just so u can insult them further.
Finally after about 10 mins of this. i was told by you:

1. shut up and fly, or
2. log off.  

the funny thing is, Who are you to tell anyone what to do?
 I pay as much as everyone else to play here, and I dont like being poked and prodded any more than the next guy.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
420Fatty
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 04:41:56 PM »
if you dont like the screenfreezes and poor net get dsl or come fly hth simple enough isnt it

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
420Fatty
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2003, 04:48:43 PM »
I must be in the good 2/3rds then, because I dont have any connection problems or screen freezes.  

I did have this annoying little stutter thing going on, but I found the culprit on that one.  Apparently somehow my sound acceleration setting in windows had been turned up to the highest notch and everytime I pulled the trigger I would get a micro-screen freeze.  

Of course, I guess I could have just squeaked about it and blamed it all on HTC because "I had not changed anything on my system before this started."  Unfortunately, that seems to be the norm for a lot of people.

It's the nature of online gaming that not everything's perfect.  Some people can live with that fact and realize that weird things may happen and still have fun.....I guess others can't.  After all....it is a game.  And games by definition are supposed to be fun....aren't they?

I know one thing though.....If I ever get to the point that I am complaining about stuff on channel one as much as some of the folks I see on there, I am out.  That is the day that I cancel the account and delete the software.  It just doesn't make any sense to keep paying for something that just pisses you off.

YMMV

Offline wetrat

• Gold Member
420Fatty
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 04:52:39 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
if you dont like the screenfreezes and poor net get dsl or come fly hth simple enough isnt it
ROFL, getting DSL won't fix HTC's server problems. But thanks for coming out...
Army of Muppets

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
420Fatty
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 04:57:02 PM »
Originally posted by 420Fatty:

No one was even addressing you. I merely stated that i was tired of paying 14.95 a month for screen freezes, along with about 1/3 of the people playing lately and u started your usual crap. ( guess ill start saving screenshots) it seems you're one of the people who just "Jump in" on someone with a cute comment to something not even directed at you and then u keep egging them on, just so u can insult them further.
Finally after about 10 mins of this. i was told by you:

1. shut up and fly, or
2. log off.

the funny thing is, Who are you to tell anyone what to do?
I pay as much as everyone else to play here, and I dont like being poked and prodded any more than the next guy.

Hmm, thought you said "screw the bich bbs."  Infact, I have a screenie of it.  

First, I never insulted you.  If by my and JOC's saying "later Fatty" after you complained along the lines of "screw this server, I'm not paying 14.95 for this crap anymore."  I interpreted that as another "screw this I quit" line.  You then responded with a colorful "Octavius, JOC, screw you."

How else am I supposed to interpret that?  Obviously if you're not going to PAY for this anymore, you wont be able to PLAY anymore.  I felt a "cya Fatty" was appropriate.  I'm sorry you overreacted.  It's funny to see people lose it lose it online and whine about whatever's bugging them.  

But of course, you had to have the last word so it DID drag on for more than 10 minutes.  You couldn't seem to find any way to justify your anger and the reason for throwing insults at everyone.  Eventually other players joined in and told you to stop.

You should either a) suck it up, remember it's a GAME, and continue flying... or b)  If your anger spills out onto open channels, remember it's still a GAME and you probably need a break... so log off.

[EDIT:  sling hit it on the head.]
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 05:02:28 PM by Octavius »
octavius

Offline 420Fatty

• Zinc Member
420Fatty
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 05:08:35 PM »
I know one thing though.....If I ever get to the point that I am complaining about stuff on channel one as much as some of the folks I see on there, I am out. That is the day that I cancel the account and delete the software. It just doesn't make any sense to keep paying for something that just pisses you off.

YMMV

Thank you.  Thats all i was saying. Actually my quote was something like " This server is pissing me off-  i think i am gonna quit paying for this"  And i dont remeber the last time i did that.
 Its not like im Constantly grumbling about it, because im not.
 I was Just a little frustrated at the moment, and thought i would voice my opinion. Comments like "Bye" and "Cya later"and " who cares" arent really helpful- after all, if it were those people with the cute comments who were having problems, they wouldnt like it either. Theres an old  saying that goes  "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all." I think that applies in this case.
          And as far as not changing my system, I have... New Mb/processor/Vid card/Hard drive recently- Its not like im some schmuck using a store bought compaq or something. Like most people in AH I built my system, and know my system quite well, and it is only lately that i have had problems.

I just think some people think that they are being funny, when they are actually being quite rude.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2003, 05:12:17 PM by 420Fatty »

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
420Fatty
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 05:14:14 PM »
Originally posted by wetrat
ROFL, getting DSL won't fix HTC's server problems. But thanks for coming out...

Exactly....And its not my ISP.

Offline sling322

• Gold Member
420Fatty
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 05:15:24 PM »
Originally posted by 420Fatty
And as far as not changing my system, I have...  

Well you see....I think you kinda missed my point.  You think maybe there could be something you overlooked that may be causing part of your grief?  As I stated, I hadn't made any changes to my system but this stutter thing started so I started investigating and discovered that a Windows setting had changed on me somehow.  I know I didnt change it, but somehow it was different.  I changed it back and my problem went away.

I guess what I am trying to suggest is that before you start casting blame on the servers, etc.....maybe you can double check your system and see if something is a little out of whack that may be causing a problem.  

Besides, I dont think that lockups are caused by the game server....that definitely sounds more like a system setting or driver issue to me.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
420Fatty
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2003, 05:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by vorticon
if you dont like the screenfreezes and poor net get dsl

It's a popular misconception thinking that getting a broadband connection such as DSL or cable will solve any connection problems you may have.  While they may help improve them they won't cure them, especially if the problem is a bad router somewhere down the line or problems with the host server.

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
420Fatty
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2003, 05:28:16 PM »
Originally posted by 420Fatty
Thank you.  Thats all i was saying. Actually my quote was something like " This server is pissing me off-  i think i am gonna quit paying for this"  And i dont remeber the last time i did that.
 Its not like im Constantly grumbling about it, because im not.
 I was Just a little frustrated at the moment, and thought i would voice my opinion. Comments like "Bye" and "Cya later"and " who cares" arent really helpful- after all, if it were those people with the cute comments who were having problems, they wouldnt like it either. Theres an old  saying that goes  "If you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all." I think that applies in this case.

I just think some people think that they are being funny, when they are actually being quite rude.

That saying sure does hold true in this case.   Perhaps you should follow your own advice some time.  Seriously, you are being very hypocritical.  

I would have no reason to say CYA if you weren't making a scene in the first place.  You did not politely say, "I am not going to pay for this anymore, I am having problems."  If you DID, I'm sure there would have been reason for players to HELP you.
octavius

Offline 420Fatty

• Zinc Member
420Fatty
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2003, 05:38:04 PM »
That saying sure does hold true in this case. Perhaps you should follow your own advice some time. Seriously, you are being very hypocritical. :rolleyes:

I would have no reason to say CYA if you weren't making a scene in the first place. You did not politely say, "I am not going to pay for this anymore, I am having problems." If you DID, I'm sure there would have been reason for players to HELP you.

You are Still your missing the point. No one asked you. Especially for help. I doubt there's much you could help me with in any subject in any GAME or otherwise.  You seem to be one of those people who think you have the right to aggrivate people on here..  Pity.
  I guess along with .showjoin0,  From now on .squelch octavius will also be a command typed everytime i enter the arena.:rolleyes:

Offline Joc

• Silver Member
420Fatty
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2003, 05:38:48 PM »
Fatty,youre having tech problems,okay fair enough,but the radio channels in game are not the place to yap about HTC,thats what we have BB's for,post your problem,someone will help,like you said  'I'm not paying 14.95 for this crap'  the crap being the abuse I and others took from you tonight,theres too much of this verbal loudmouthed abuse going on,I dont have to name names,Id love to but I wont, because thats just what they seem to thrive on,the chance to jump on somone,to make a fool of them, if doing that makes you feel like a big man,well....
 We never had this problem as bad as it is now in the game a whiles back,at least I dont remember it,its a big put off,but when someone tells me to 'get screwed' I wont sit back and let them get away with it.
 Grow up or get out,thats to all the 'loudmouths' and let us enjoy the game.

Apologies to everyone who had to listen to all this on the radio tonight. :(
Joc

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
420Fatty
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2003, 06:10:04 PM »
what Joc said.
octavius

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
420Fatty
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2003, 06:48:38 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
It's a popular misconception thinking that getting a broadband connection such as DSL or cable will solve any connection problems you may have.  While they may help improve them they won't cure them, especially if the problem is a bad router somewhere down the line or problems with the host server.

Ack-Ack

it actually will help if it is on a bad router thats on your side...wich most of the time it is...