Author Topic: Challenge to all P-47 drivers...  (Read 258 times)

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
Challenge to all P-47 drivers...
« on: July 29, 2000, 11:20:00 PM »
 Nope not against me...Just had the pleasure of meeting EZ in a h2h in a p-47,me in a Nik.
 The guy starts angle fighting me using the most amazing rolling scissors toejam I've ever seen from a p-47.Just awesome to watch.Shame he wont join The Ladder, would love to see if anyone could beat him in that plane.Any other Jug-mongers out there?You gotta try this guy-truely impressed!

By-Tor

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2000, 11:26:00 PM »
I like the Jug, and was pleasantly surprised with how well it does exactly as you described.  

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2000, 11:46:00 PM »
 OK. Ive flown it 3 times  . Forgot about shootin up snoopi  .

The spooky thing is he always knows its me. Even though ive got a different NewuXXX name every time.

[This message has been edited by easymo (edited 07-30-2000).]

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2000, 02:37:00 AM »
Id figure that real P-47 pilot would be screaming in a panic while his plane is stalling with N1K2 in his tail after that  

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2000, 04:52:00 AM »
hello all:

good god Fishu, you talk so much about every plane, how unreal every thing is, why do you even bother to come to HTC BB, well i'll tell you what Fishu, you start paying to play, or get lost. There are lots of people here paying to play, but you seem to whine the most about every thing in this game. now i can'nt speak for anybody else, but i for one am tried of your whining and how unreal this whole game is. And i would like to point out to you, it is just a game, no matter what, it will never be the real thing. and i am danm glad about that, other wise i would not be alive today to write this post. but then again, i would not have to see your whinning all the time either then. simply put, pay the $30 a month, put up or shut up.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2000, 10:02:00 AM »
 Well with a better pilot in the Nik I suppose the Jug would indeed lose its angles real fast. My point was that EZ had the audacity to even ATTEMPT to dance with the Nik.The first engagement was co-e and I was so busy marveling at his flying I forgot to attend to my own!And with his gunnery(and 8 .50's )he blotted me from the sky.I re-upped a couple more times and was more carefull to avoid his guns.He chose smartly the correct times to dis-engage for extension
before re-entering.I felt the planes were modeled pretty much as I would imagine them to be relative to each other.EZ simply out-flew me.
 I just wanted to single him out as much for his flying prowess as for the VERY aggressive nature of his attack.He could have patiently BnZ ed me all day-but choose to push it to the limits.MUCH more fun from where I was sitting.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2000, 11:20:00 AM »
Hello BT  )

The P47 can't turn as tight as the Niki. I did some test of flat turning with Zieggler. I could keep him in my 12 for 1-2 turn but I was constantly bleeding my E pulling to make the niki stay ahead of my gunsight. Then when my airspeed went under 150 KIAS, I clearly saw the Niki leaving my 12 and in less than 1 turn he was in my 6 and only thing left was scisors to extend, but I was already too slow.  

To all the people who sya P47 is overmodeled in turns, i believe they are wrong. It's always the same thing, you can pull very hard and attempt a kill, but if u miss your shot, you are in trouble. People who get tricked by those shots, usually cry and shoot to the overmodel while actually it's not.
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
 True that the P-47 has a larger turn RADIUS than the Nik.But by proper use of superior roll-rate and the excess energy to keep the turns more oblique than the Nik, as I started to lose the energy neccesary to maintain the vertical element to my turns,EZ was able to use the vertical element of his turns to 'out-turn' me.These fine points of the art of air-combat are what make it such a thrill.
 This is the stuff that gets the opponent screaming 'porked flight model' etc.,as they see a plane with a larger turn radius seemingly turning INSIDE them The vertical component of the turn actually allowing them 'inside'of the flatter -turning planes radius.Of course once the E-states stabilize,the angles start to go back to the
plane with the smaller turn radius. I know most of you know this-just reaffirming the lesson to myself!
     By-Tor

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2000, 07:44:00 PM »
I love turning with Nikis in my P-47.  Yum!  The disparity if roll rate really does make the difference in a tight scissoring fight.  While a well-flown Niki SHOULD win a fight like that eventually, the Jug'll make it interesting for awhile.

-- Todd/DMF

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2000, 07:52:00 PM »
I have done the same thing against Spitfires, and come out on top. You can hang in the fight long enough to kill if the opponent is foolish enough to disrespect the P-47.  

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2000, 07:54:00 PM »

Originally posted by wolf37:
hello all:

good god Fishu, you talk so much about every plane, how unreal every thing is, why do you even bother to come to HTC BB, well i'll tell you what Fishu, you start paying to play, or get lost. There are lots of people here paying to play, but you seem to whine the most about every thing in this game. now i can'nt speak for anybody else, but i for one am tried of your whining and how unreal this whole game is. And i would like to point out to you, it is just a game, no matter what, it will never be the real thing. and i am danm glad about that, other wise i would not be alive today to write this post. but then again, i would not have to see your whinning all the time either then. simply put, pay the $30 a month, put up or shut up.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

What will say if I pay and whine?
...because that is going to happen someday in near future within couple months.

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2000, 09:29:00 PM »
hello all:

Fishu, if you are paying, then you have the right to whine all you want, but untill then, shut up. There are lots of people that are paying now that are very happy with the jod that HTC is doing. And with the constant request for more aircraft, there are going to be some problems, and those that are paying to play should be the only ones whining about this or that, not somebody who is not paying to play. So when you are paying to play, say what ever you want about any aircraft in the game. And i am sure you will get great enjoyment out of flaming my bellybutton in the skies of aces high, like so many others have done.
But untill you are paying to play, i'm am safe from your guns.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2000, 12:49:00 AM »
  Always fun by-tor. and thanks for the lesson on that last fight . That was the damdest move ive seen.  

Offline Fishu

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2000, 01:09:00 AM »

Originally posted by wolf37:
hello all:

Fishu, if you are paying, then you have the right to whine all you want, but untill then, shut up. There are lots of people that are paying now that are very happy with the jod that HTC is doing. And with the constant request for more aircraft, there are going to be some problems, and those that are paying to play should be the only ones whining about this or that, not somebody who is not paying to play. So when you are paying to play, say what ever you want about any aircraft in the game. And i am sure you will get great enjoyment out of flaming my bellybutton in the skies of aces high, like so many others have done.
But untill you are paying to play, i'm am safe from your guns.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS

*whine*

Offline wolf37

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2000, 02:02:00 AM »
hello all:

Fishu, you are the last person to talk about anybody whinning, thats all we read from you,  whine, whine, whine

if aces high is so bad, leave, i dont think to many people would miss a whinner like you.

wolf37
C.O.
THUNDER BIRDS