Author Topic: special events descriptions  (Read 492 times)

Offline jaus

• Zinc Member
special events descriptions
« on: April 18, 2003, 05:52:04 AM »
With the special events page being redesigned, is there somewhere I can go to get the basic descriptions for CAP and Squad Ops events?

What happened to the Tour of Duty event?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
Re: special events descriptions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2003, 06:57:10 AM »
Originally posted by jaus
With the special events page being redesigned, is there somewhere I can go to get the basic descriptions for CAP and Squad Ops events?

What happened to the Tour of Duty event?
Firstly, the Tour of Duty is the SquadOps event - it was renamed to Squad Operations after HTC decided they liked the name "Tour of Duty" for the upcoming AH2.  :)

Descriptions for the CAP are currently posted each week that the CAP is running in the CAP forum - this week's (Lifeline to the 10th AF) is  here.  Descriptions of past and present SquadOps (formerly TODs) can be found  here.

HTC are giving us our own Events Server soon, which will mean descriptions of all our events will be able to be access from one central location.  Watch this space.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun

Offline jaus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2003, 08:35:45 AM »
I saw the forums for the  CAP,  but I could only find scenario setups, I could not find basic info like:

Is it squad based?
Do you have to pre-reg?
Can you walk on?
When are the frames run?

Offline Flossy

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • Flossy's Website
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2003, 09:19:09 AM »
Originally posted by jaus
I saw the forums for the  CAP,  but I could only find scenario setups, I could not find basic info like:

Is it squad based?
Do you have to pre-reg?
Can you walk on?
When are the frames run?
Ah, OK..... this is something which will be on the new Events server too.  :)

It is a walk on event and individuals as well as squads may take part - it's really up to you.  The frames are run at 17:30 Eastern (22:30 UK/23:30 CET) on Saturdays when there is no Scenario running..... so, after tomorrow evening's CAP, there will be a break of 4 Saturdays while the Scenario, Guadalcanal, is running before the CAP starts again.  ;)
Flossy {The Few}
Female Flying For Fun