Author Topic: Ar234 skin problems  (Read 535 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Ar234 skin problems
« on: April 20, 2003, 11:34:51 AM »
Hello,
I've tryed to reskin Ar234 - make from it Egyption Il-28,
All well but :(  after the skin was build (I just replaced all german crosses on the wings by egyption simbol) I'd found that there is 2 more German crosses on its fuselage - when I looked to the skin - nothing - no cross. Tryed to save all textures ( maybe like P51 have different simbol at another texture) but there is no cross on the texrures and at the texture of fuselage. And in the game the crosses on the fuselage present and on wings I have Egyption simbols I've made.

Where is the lost texture of the German Cross :confused: ?
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Ar234 skin problems
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 09:34:52 AM »
If nobody knows what is the problem - can you tell me where can I find all list of textures?

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Ar234 skin problems
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 11:35:57 AM »
Artik, its not texturised object
u cannot remove it, paint

Som AH planes have "bugs". Its was not bugs until we not start reskin airplanes. Many of planes have additional 3d objects overlayed on planes skin, just for better look.
Somtimes is easier to overlay 3d object on 3d model than paint good fited skin for it. AH skin model is far from il2fb. And we must live with this bugs.
109g6 have flower on the nose not to remover /object too/
p38 not mapped parts of wing and overmaped strips on nose
b17 same+  overlayed place for markings
yaks use same wings texture for both models, same 109 for g6/g10
p47D20 have overlayes surfaces under wings
f4u1 have small badge on nose /oryginal used forr roger flag/
p40 have overmaped markings from texture used in many diferent planes/markings.bmp/
Som planes use cockpits parts from other and many other strange things.
All this things works good on oryginal HTC skins, when u start repaint troubles starts.
Noone imagine u start repaint arado as russian il-28

My sugestion is to fit texture with this markings, and try to avoid this by cheat eye's

ramzey

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Ar234 skin problems
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 12:16:59 PM »
yes it looks like just markings - but what you talk about B17 -  
I reskinned it, it is not a problem just you have to make a relevant mask for the relevant texture like P51D have MARKINGS and MARKINGS_a texture you can make _a texture for anyting you whant for exemple I made a mistake and b17 looked just like in X-Rays view I thik that this cross have it's texture like MARKINGS of P51D - that all of them I removed and placed my IAF simbols. I just need the texture name to repaint it and it looks like TE do not save it when you do SaveTexture - this is the reason I want to see all thextures to find that Cross I want to remove it. just like I removed American simbols from P51D.

Is there any on-line directory with all textures?
Or maybe I can get them from TE?

Offline ramzey

• Gold Member
Ar234 skin problems
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2003, 12:26:10 PM »
once again, this is not skinned object
its not work like markings.bmp

show me your green b17:D

ramzey