Author Topic: GV position bug  (Read 256 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
GV position bug
« on: April 22, 2003, 11:25:13 PM »
stationary vehicles will often apear sideways or backwards or vertical at ranges beyond 1000 yards.  this makes them vulnerable to the effects of being shot in weak areas that should not be exposed to fire

this sucks please fix
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
GV position bug
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 01:59:06 PM »
i noticed this yesterday , as i got to around 1300 yards the enemy started to look like it was slowly tumbling.One second facing sideways then vertically up. I hit the tank in one of these strange positions but it didnt explode, suddenly it was a bit closer and facing towards me like it should be and i hit it a second time and it exploded.
I thought it was warp or lag but it always seems to happen at a certain distance.Its very similar to when you start a mission with lots of people launching and some aircraft appear backwards/sideways etc as the computer updates their position.it seems to be the host displaying a default model position as it updates and sometimes the default position is off, correcting once the latest packet arrives.Is this what happens?

Offline MrLars

• Silver Member
GV position bug
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2003, 07:21:30 PM »
Last evening I was at a re-arm pad where there was an M16 also, I parked almost ontop of it and saw it do that strange dance. First thing I saw was the undercarrage for about half a munite but as soon as he started shooting his guns everything went back to normal.

I wonder if there isn't some sort of packet priority thing going on because lots of times I'll try to track and shoot a GV from a GV moving perpindicular to me but the little mini warps will cause somewhere around 10-20 percent of my shots to land way off target...hard to track a GV that's doing the back and forth mambo.

Doesn't happen all the time but frequently enough to cause a bit of frustration but I guess that's the nature of OL gaming.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
GV position bug
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 01:30:55 PM »
Aircraft that are parked on the ground also appear in very strange attitudes...

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
GV position bug
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 01:48:12 PM »
Does this happen off line as well?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
GV position bug
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 09:51:58 PM »
LVT's do that a LOT.... nary a clue why
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Rutilant

• Silver Member
GV position bug
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 10:40:31 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Does this happen off line as well?

There's no one offline with you.... Lol.