Author Topic: Western anti-war politicaians on Saddam's payroll...  (Read 1514 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Western anti-war politicaians on Saddam's payroll...
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2003, 03:18:03 AM »
One thing is trying to veryify sources, its a different matter to just say out of hand the sources are lying. Surely you see that?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2003, 03:22:13 AM »
Have I said that? I'm the one asking for judicial process - it's YOU that is asking for the guy to be stripped of his democratically awarded status without any detailed scrutiny of the allegations or the evidence that has been presented to support them.

Instantly holding the sources to be accurate only days after they were discovered is a little premature.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2003, 03:54:09 AM »
I did not initally ask that he be removed, hell I dont think I ever asked that he be removed at all.

This is what I said:

"So people allready knoew he was being paid off by Iraq to the tune of $10,000,000? And that he was still on Saddam's payroll right up to the war.. Why was he not kicked out from the government?"

And I only said that after you said this was all common knowledge.

So again my question is, if it is common knowlege that he took this money and if it is proven by these Iraqi documents why should he not be removed from government? Or does anyone think that its ok for a british MP be on payroll of foreign enemy government?

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2003, 04:00:04 AM »
I didn't say it was common knowledge he was being paid - I was referring to the fact that he is a pro-Saddam campaigner.

If it was proven, then of course he should be stripped of his MP status and criminal charges applied. But I don't see any mention of the conculsion of a criminal trial or even an investigation. Until that time, we have laws and procedure that should be followed.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2003, 04:03:38 AM »
Here is more detail, looks like he is getting investigated by the police and this is becoming a scandal.

STORY:

http://www.christiansciencemonitor.com/2003/0425/p01s04-woiq.html

Offline Spooky

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2003, 10:16:43 AM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
It's gotta be because you are french, doesnt it? Your country sure knows how this traitor game works... :)

well, every single one of us, no exceptions, was born with traitor's genes, bad hygiene, a beret and a baguette and that ridiculous accent...

it's some sort of curse, really, much like your ability to only see the world in black or white...

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2003, 10:57:22 AM »
What? A politician took money? Next, you'll claim he was qued up begind Dick, Bush, and Colin at the Enron till. (Dick, Bush, and Colin? Hmmm. Somethings stinks in this regime.)

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2003, 11:03:46 AM »
Originally posted by Dowding
Don't be ridiculous. Checking the reliability of evidence is a cornerstone of judicial procedure. How else would you want it? Anyone can make a claim and it is automatically believed?

It is by many democrats and liberals here in the US, especially if directed towards a Republican....it's because democrats and liberals are mostly kids and still have some maturing to do.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2003, 11:29:28 AM »
lol Rude. As if conservatives aren't above that kind of thing.

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2003, 11:54:20 AM »
Is lobbying illegal in England? If not this may very well be legal.

Lobbyists are supposed to identify themselves as lobbyists, not work covertly.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2003, 01:53:25 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
It is by many democrats and liberals here in the US, especially if directed towards a Republican....it's because democrats and liberals are mostly kids and still have some maturing to do.

Yeah, that's why the hordes of Liberals believed Rush Limbaugh when he said he had proof Clinton was a murderer, and believed that Clinton killed Vince Foster, and believed that Clinton's land deals were intentionally dirty despite the failure of a 50 million dollar investigation to prove such.

Oh wait, those were Conservatives.

:rolleyes:
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2003, 02:34:01 PM »
If this story is true (and it will be most likely) what does it tell us?

Politicians can be corrupt. So what?

Mr. Bush & his Black Gold Team got got several million $$ from the oil industrie to be successful in gettin on the chair :D

And he was.....

Regards Blitz

America was threatened by Iraq in no way, it was just plain rediculous

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2003, 07:20:32 PM »
Originally posted by Arfann
What? A politician took money?

So by dismmissing these revelations you are styating its ok for politicans to be paid millions of dollars by a foreign enemy government... I'll remember you said that...

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2003, 08:24:06 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
So by dismmissing these revelations you are styating its ok for politicans to be paid millions of dollars by a foreign enemy government... I'll remember you said that...

OMG, please, please, please, don't remember I said that! I'm running for KING OF THE WORLD AND MASTER OF ALL I SURVEY  next week and it could really keep me from getting all the funds I'll need.

Serially, you should really bone up on reading comprehension. Or drop the Bush/Rush style twist on what folks say.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2003, 08:32:13 PM »
No arfann. You were trying to dismiss this case just as if it were any sort of corporate influence peddling - it is not.

I will just remember that you think its ok that government officials get paid millions of dollars by enemy govermnets during a time a of crisis with their country. I think it speaks volumes about your character.