Author Topic: Western anti-war politicaians on Saddam's payroll...  (Read 1515 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Western anti-war politicaians on Saddam's payroll...
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2003, 08:32:55 PM »
looks like shades of Serbian Unity Congress to me..

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2003, 09:36:28 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
No arfann. You were trying to dismiss this case just as if it were any sort of corporate influence peddling - it is not.

I will just remember that you think its ok that government officials get paid millions of dollars by enemy govermnets during a time a of crisis with their country. I think it speaks volumes about your character.

Dismiss? Hardly. But it's all the same. I think it speaks volumns about your character that you think it's ok for politicos to accept money for favors from big business. Probably what got us into this belligerent illegal war anyway. Big contracts to rebuild what we destroyed, and to rebuild our arsenals.

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2003, 11:46:34 PM »
Back in ‘99 during Allied Force, there was an lobbying outfit called the Serbian Unitity Congress. Several of their associates were often featured on various talk shows. They openly admit on their web page that they would provide funding to politicians that spoke in favor of Serbia. I thought it was pretty shocking at the time same as Grun is outraged now. When Tom Delay was asked about why he was accepting bribes from these folks, he said that since the US had not declared war on Serbia, these funds were legal.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2003, 01:33:25 AM »
I'm not Serbian 10Bears, but I have no doubts that they would do it. I did not hear about this incident in 2000. But can you say the SUC is an official part of the serbian government or merely an open private interest lobbying organization?  Surely if they are just another open lobbying group then you caould see the difference between that and a case where this official is getting paid $10,000,000 by the iraqi government. Even you yhave to admit this something different entirely.

Arfann corporate lobboying is different than taking bribes from a foreign enemy government during a time of crisis. But if you dont think this kind of treason is problematic then thats your issue. It just shows me how your fanatical hatred for the USA is clouding your judgement to where anything that in any way goes counter to  US or slights US interests, like a british govt official being on saddams payrol, is acceptable.

Gscholz the last recorded payment to him was just in January this year, and I'm sure you remember that by this time US and British warplanes were ingaging in daily combat for years with iraqi forcesin the no fly zones.  So yes I think we can say that he was being paid by the irai government during a time of war.  And even if it wasnt war, do you think its acceptable that he was accepting covert multi million dollar payments from a foreign enemy government?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2003, 01:54:36 AM »
But there is a difference between open lobbying and secretly getting $10,000,000 from a foreign enemy government during a time of crisis and combat, you gotta admit that..  And its a moot point anyway, he is now being investigated by british police - apparently they think there is something illegal in what he did...

I'm just shocked at what some of the anti-war crowd seems to find acceptable. So  many of them here and elsewhere  cry wildly of nebulus and yet unseen ways they think bush might profit from this war and how this proves he is evil but when solid hard evidence shows up of one of their own ilk profiting to the tune of $10,000,000 directly from saddams government -  all is fine for them, not a peep of outrage or that famous superior moral indegance they have worn so garrishly on their shoulders during our discussions of this war.

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2003, 02:46:03 AM »
how can anyone diss the sun... when it has page 3!  mmmm jakki degg
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline BUG_EAF322

• Gold Member
      • http://bug322.startje.com
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2003, 05:50:34 AM »
Grunherz is not even a real american.
U can see it on his posts everyday he trieing to prove it on the BBS.

Spitting on every non american

With his slavic look people in the US might think he is a moslim.

But here on this BBS he can redirect that attention to other europeans.

Grunherz was never born in the USA

And we all know it

Grunherz is not real that is his problem

just a thought

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2003, 06:43:17 AM »
You dont understand america one bit BUG, its not where you are born, its a mindset.. All around the world there are americans, in all countries and continents - and millions find their way home every year and have done so for centuries.

So a big to america, and a big to you...

Now that I'm finished with that, tell me do you have any thoughts about this british politican who took $10,000,000 in bribes from saddam hussein?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 06:46:28 AM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline Arfann

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2003, 08:20:44 AM »
But there is a difference between open lobbying and secretly getting $10,000,000 from a foreign enemy government during a time of crisis and combat, you gotta admit that..  And its a moot point anyway, he is now being investigated by british police - apparently they think there is something illegal in what he did...

I'm just shocked at what some of the anti-war crowd seems to find acceptable. So  many of them here and elsewhere  cry wildly of nebulus and yet unseen ways they think bush might profit from this war and how this proves he is evil but when solid hard evidence shows up of one of their own ilk profiting to the tune of $10,000,000 directly from saddams government -  all is fine for them, not a peep of outrage or that famous superior moral indegance they have worn so garrishly on their shoulders during our discussions of this war.

I know it will seem un-American to not feel the need to butt in  regarding other country's problems, but the Brits will, I'm sure, deal with the situation under their own political and legal system. On the other hand, Dubya and his greedy cohorts are  our problem to be voted out as soon as possible.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2003, 09:44:10 AM »
Now that I'm finished with that, tell me do you have any thoughts about this british politican who took $10,000,000 in bribes from saddam hussein?

You pretend he got 10.000.000 $ in his bank account ?

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2003, 09:44:51 AM »
Originally posted by Rude
It is by many democrats and liberals here in the US, especially if directed towards a Republican....it's because democrats and liberals are mostly kids and still have some maturing to do.

And a republican loving kids need maturing too or just need to stop being fan of teens bellybutton ?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2003, 06:06:17 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
You pretend he got 10.000.000 $ in his bank account ?

The iraqi documents are pretty clear on how much ne was paid... You pretend they are false?  Let me guess its a lie to discredit this fine british patriot.  Gotta be beacuse you are french, you are all traitors - was your daddy vichy?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2003, 06:07:53 PM »
Originally posted by Arfann

On the other hand, Dubya and his greedy cohorts are  our problem to be voted out as soon as possible.

If you feel like tyhat you can vote against him next time, thats the cool thing about america. :)

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2003, 07:54:12 PM »
Grun, he still hasn't been convicted yet.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2003, 11:13:03 PM by Thrawn »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2003, 08:12:02 PM »
Of course thrawn, I just find the revelations to be shocking and the defensive reaction by some here even more so..