Author Topic: U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws  (Read 3505 times)

Offline SLO

• Gold Member
U.S. warns Canada against easing pot laws
« Reply #105 on: May 05, 2003, 02:16:25 PM »
Originally posted by GrimCO
1. I'm guessing he's a moron...

2. A lot of people in here seem to care what we think for some reason.

3. Nope, we're not important at all in the world view  :rolleyes:

1. the moron comes from the same place as you

2. some people do....I don't

3. well your so important that when I have trouble crappin I think of the good ol' US of A and voila....no more troubles:rolleyes:

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #106 on: May 05, 2003, 02:22:26 PM »
Originally posted by SLO
1. the moron comes from the same place as you

2. some people do....I don't

3. well your so important that when I have trouble crappin I think of the good ol' US of A and voila....no more troubles:rolleyes:

1. I know a few morons from Canada...  I suppose that makes you a moron too.

2. Very proud of ya.

3. Try a laxative... It probably won't increase your heartrate as much as getting your tits in a knot over us Americans...

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
      • http://www.ouchytheclown.com
« Reply #107 on: May 05, 2003, 03:16:09 PM »
:D

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: May 05, 2003, 03:46:30 PM »
Now that I got a lil time on my hands, it's time to dispell these myths that are floating around as "fact".

First of all, my research covers Federal and State government funded tests... I can't cite them, because they are actual physical pieces of paper without reference points.

Visit your local state funded substance abuse, treatment and education facility if you wish to locate these materials. Should be readily available if you are genuinely inclined to learn more about substance abuse and addiction.

The Marijuana "addiction" is a fallacy. It is impossible to become addicted to the substance because there is not a chemical in marijuana which replaces naturally occuring chemicals through chemical synthesis. Therefore, the body does not require a constant intake of a drug to produce these synthetic chemicals which block out the body's natural chemicals at receptor sites in the mind and/or body. This makes it impossible to become addicted to marijuana physically. Caffiene, Nicotine, Cocaine (and derivitives), Heroin(and derivitives), PCP/Speed, Ecstasy (combination of speed and/or heroin, and MDM/MDMA), and even Alcohol are addictive because of the way they interact with the body and replace naturally occuring chemicals and proteins.

As Raub pointed out, however, it is extremely easy to abuse the drug if your personality is already predestined to abuse.

Whether it be video games, sweets, TV, or whatever else- it's very easy to abuse it to the point of appearing to be an addiction.

However, when you take away TV, video games, sweets, or marijuana, your body will not go through a withdrawal period as it runs low on the synthesized proteins and chemicals.

"Gateway drug": These studies are something recent, begun in 1983 when the War on Drugs officially began. Drugs no longer meant anything from Asprin to Zylex, but meant illicit drugs because the government had to redefine what "drugs" meant. So when asking someone, "What drug did you first start on?" Alcohol and/or Cigarettes (Nicotine is a drug) get nixed from the response sheet. You got your choice of illicit drugs that you started on, and of course it's always going to be marijuana. Reason being: Drug dealers don't make a whole lotta money off marijuana, but it's the easy sell to middle/high schoolers which are the target of every drug peddlar. It's easy to sell to little kids, something the tobacco industry realised long ago- and parents only recently caught on. So after a couple months of marijuana, drug dealer pushes something new on the kids: Cocaine, ecstasy, you name it- it's gonna be offered.

The only people who were really looking for a new high were born to be burnouts/abuse cases from the start. Give 'em alcohol, see what happens. They'll be alcoholics in a few months.

For the permanent brain damage deal: The excerpt that Bodhi posted in fact does not indicate an amazing loss of brain tissue which he first posted, and only indicates the following:

This may be the basis for the well-known memory deficits that are present in chronic marijuana users.

So really, all that this has proven is that marijuana may (no may about it though) cause memory deficiency in CHRONIC marijuana users. Chronic means everyday use, atleast 3 times a day.

In alcohol terms, they'd be labelled "alcoholics".

Now, lets put this into perspective: Since they have no indication that they studied after marijuana users quit the substance for an extended period of time, there is no proof of any permanent brain damage. There is only proof of altered memory retention during the use of marijuana and in the time span followed by the use of marijuana: Which is only 30 days if you smoke 1 joint.

It's an exponential graph, naturally, you smoke 3 times a day, every day, damn right your brain is going to be so resonated you can't remember what you ate during your munchy abuse 5 minutes ago... you smoke once a month and by the end of the month all traces of THC will be out of your system _AND_ the effects it had on your brain will have long since expired (since they tend to last a little shorter time period than the marijuana is in your system).

And about "overdosing" on marijuana, it's one of the few things that you simply can not overdose on. At some point, the only thing you are doing is filling your lungs with tar.

Oh, yeah... quit cold turkey too, cigarettes after 2 years and marijuana after 5 (I would of been classified a "chronic" abuser)... haven't even had the slightest desire to go back to smoking it.

That whole addiction thing is BS.
-SW

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: May 05, 2003, 04:36:21 PM »
I had a friend (cough) that smoked a bit of pot before he decided to join the Air Force. His scores on the ASVAB tests ranged from below average to slighty higher. Two and a half years later, pot free, he took the tests again so as to qualify for a different job, same tests, dramtically different results, maxed most areas on the tests. Draw yer own conclusions.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: May 05, 2003, 04:43:02 PM »
Iron, if that was directed at me- I never said it didn't impair your ability to retain information... it does, makes the cell walls thicker and this makes it more difficult for electrical charges to pass through.

In engine terms, you'd be running on half your cylinders.

Of course, "bit" is a relative term... and how long did he wait to take the ASVAB?

I'm not saying he would of scored higher just a month or two later, unless he only smoked once.

Now, if he only smoked here and there and waited 6 to 8 months...
-SW

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2003, 04:43:39 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron
I had a friend (cough) that smoked a bit of pot before he decided to join the Air Force. His scores on the ASVAB tests ranged from below average to slighty higher. Two and a half years later, pot free, he took the tests again so as to qualify for a different job, same tests, dramtically different results, maxed most areas on the tests. Draw yer own conclusions.

So what AK Iron? The same thing happens with alcohol. The first time I took my drivers' license exam I was drunk and they failed me. Second time I was sober and I passed.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: May 05, 2003, 04:47:29 PM »
Once passed a Physics exam while....  well lets just say the profs chalk was leaving cool trails in the sky.

just barely though.

Offline Suave

• Gold Member
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2003, 05:23:21 PM »
Originally posted by AKIron

The Airforce sent him to BSEP . I was a stoner in high school when I took asvab, scored in the top 2% . I do remember getting some questions wrong on purpose, like "what is this object?" accompanied by an illustration of an engine gasket. I didn't want to end up wearing greasy coveralls. Of course I wasn't stoned when I took the test, it would've been much lower . I don't think anybody is advocating that kids use pot in school or that people drive while under the influence .

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2003, 06:38:48 PM »
Not aimed at you SW, just passin' on info I think is relevant to anyone interested and I, er, he wasn't stoned during the testing.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline AKS\/\/ulfe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2003, 06:44:09 PM »
rgr Iron, just wanted to be on the same page. :)
-SW

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2003, 06:47:40 PM »
Jean Chretien and George W Bush go for a canoe trip to try and mend the fences.They hit some rapids and the canoe tips over..Both are drowning...Who gets saved?

A:North America
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline Torque

• Gold Member
« Reply #117 on: May 05, 2003, 09:22:54 PM »
Save the canoe...

Offline Airhead

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: May 05, 2003, 09:45:42 PM »
And Tyler too

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: May 05, 2003, 10:38:18 PM »
first im amazed they even made it to the rapids

second i hope the rapids get saved

third

pot is addictive the same way stupid video games are...its all in your head...like a bad habit (cracking your knuckles comes to mind...i know of several other kids that have been cracking there knuckles for a loong time...they claim theyv tried to stop but they cant...)