Author Topic: Could I resolve the "Nazi" question?  (Read 467 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Could I resolve the "Nazi" question?
« on: August 01, 2000, 04:41:00 PM »
 I obviously have too much time on my hands today. My license server is down and I cannot run my compiler...

The "Nazi" threads pop up quite often on this and other boards and most people do not like it all that much. Here are my observarions and conclusions.

There are four types of people playing AH in no particular order:

1. Nazi. Nazi are a nazi and they know who they are.
 2. Alleged Nazi. People flying any Axis aircraft in AH or outside of it who are not really nazi because they have never held membership in the Hitler's party and do not consider themselves nazi.
 Also the people who allow that stuff to happen by providing a medium for it - HTC crew, iEN, etc.
 3. Nazi Accusers. People accusing anyone flying Axis aircraft in AH and also anyone who lived in Germany during the WWII and some others of being  Nazi.
 4. Bystanders. People who do not fly Axis aircraft and who do not bother people who fly other then by shooting them down in the arena. Sometimes they are trying to defend Alleged Nazis from Nazi Accusers.

Obviously it's the group number 3 - Nazi Accusers who are causing all the trouble.

Group number 1 - Nazi, are not bothered that somebody is calling them so. They are proud of it. For that reason they are not participating in the arguments.

So by definition all the accusations fall onto those who are not Nazi - Group 2 - Alleged Nazi.

Since it is obvious now that group 2 - Alleged Nazi are not nazi, all their explanations to the contrary are completely redundant and only serve to cause more accusations from the rabid Nazi Accusers.
 The same applies to Group 4.

My point is that any arguments with ignorant people who are stuck with certain point of view and do not want to be reassured are pointless and only cause more stupid arguments and offences.
 If you know that someone is nazi, fine. Keep it to yourself.
 If you are wondering if somebody is nazi - ask him or read his memoirs.
 If you are accused of being nazi - do not argue with a fool.

miko--

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 08-01-2000).]

Offline mx22

• Zinc Member
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2000, 08:30:00 PM »
Alright after reading all that, hmm lemme call it, stuff, what category are you acctually in? Sounds much like something out of category 2 or 3, so you better follow your own rules and be quiet

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2000, 10:21:00 AM »
 mx22,
 Didn't you pay attention to the first line of my post? I clearly stated that my compiler was not working which means and I was sitting in my office with nothing to do and a lot of pent-up energy. It had to go somewhere...

I fly German planes very rarely, because they require much more expertise and I could not dedicate enough time to it. I can be classified belonging to group 2 - Nazi Accused because of that or just because I play those games (WB & AH).

I am not group 3 - Nazi Accuser. I do not believe that harassing other innocent people is a way to fight "nazi's menace"

I would sign up a letter to HTC to ban nazi symbology, slogans and people offending other players, as well as any "anti-nazi" slurs - that would be effective. Or I would quit the game.

miko--

[This message has been edited by miko2d (edited 08-02-2000).]

eskimo

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
You forgot type #5

5. People who don't know what you are talking about and may fly anything and everything and  really don't care.

eskimo

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2000, 10:33:00 AM »
Put me down for #5.  

Offline hblair

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2000, 10:37:00 AM »

Originally posted by eskimo:
5. People who don't know what you are talking about and may fly anything and everything and  really don't care.

eskimo

I think I belong to this group.  

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2000, 10:48:00 AM »
"2. Alleged Nazi. People flying any Axis aircraft in AH or outside of it who are not really nazi because they have never held membership in the Hitler's party and do not consider themselves nazi. Also the people who allow that stuff to happen by providing a medium for it - HTC crew, iEN, etc."

You mean I've been sending money to alleged Nazi's?!! Dammo...

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2000, 11:58:00 AM »
Gonna have to put me down for group #5.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2000, 01:31:00 PM »
 No, guys.

There could be a group #5 - people who do not know what I am talking about and really do not care. They are the people that have never read "Alleged Nazi-bashing" threads here.
 The same people would no read this thread eather, so it is catch 22.

If you are Group #5 you do not exist here. Once you appeared, you are not #5 but one of the other groups...  

miko--

eskimo

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2000, 01:56:00 PM »
Wha????????

Offline AKDejaVu

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.dbstaines.com
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2000, 02:43:00 PM »
No Miko... some people read all the threads regardless of the presence of the word "nazi".

Group 5 has already been defined.  Live with it.

Offline Dusky

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2000, 05:14:00 PM »
Miko.. can you name me some people who have called you or someone else a nazi judging by the planes they fly? If there truly is something like that going on I suggest that you should only calmly tell to those people what you think about nazism. Simple as that. IMO it needs no explanations.

Dusk