Author Topic: Is It Possible!!!  (Read 922 times)

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Is It Possible!!!
« on: May 12, 2003, 01:00:41 AM »
Ok i've been praticing for a few days before i decide to play online, but i dont know if i just suck but i cant do a simple loop! i pull back on the stick i either red out, black out, or stall half way threw the loop

I asked a question like this days ago and i was told to use spit or nik but i still have problems,

is there any sites or films i can watch to practice the way to perform ACMs without blacking out

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2003, 01:08:41 AM »
Without blacking out?  Thats a myth, every pilot goes thru a blackout, i am an old player in this game, and every merge i go thru i am blacked out for maybe 3 or 4 seconds, since i pull so many G's.

As you become an older player, you will learn how to track your enemy and pinpoint his exact spot with your views after coming out of the blackout.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2003, 01:34:29 AM »
yeah blackouts occur all the time, not necessarily total b/o for more than a sec (unless you're really fast and you really hold it), but more often you'll be in the "tunnel."

it is possible to do a very low g loop (either at a fast speed - very wide loop, or at slow speed when you simply can't pull the g's that would cause a b/o) without b/o at all.

as for stalling, perhaps you're entering the manuever too slow, or pulling too hard (accelerated stall).
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2003, 01:39:58 AM »
hmm i was told i should practice till i can fly without blacking out at all.

When i practice my old AW ACMs or just practice plain old turn fighting it feels like im turning really slow and just not doing it right.....but that might be because in AW i would do some really weird s***t in Relaxed Realism that i guess were probably impossible in real life

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2003, 08:06:51 AM »
Possible video settings in AH set-up could cause some of your black-out problems.
Stick scaling , fuel load , alt , what kind of joystick could be you don't just suck but need some time with a trainer to adress some of the above.

If you use a twisty stick Shane could help you with stick scalings.

I'm sure lottsa guys who know how to post pics would put there settings on the board.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2003, 08:15:38 AM by sax »

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2003, 09:57:38 AM »
It sounds like your RR experience is hurting you here in AH. When I first started, I would stall and blackout like crazy. I never flew another WWII sim, but rather came from the space 0-g sims where one could yank the stick and never pay any consequences.

If someone told you that your goal should be to fly without blacking/reding out, you will die alot. There is no gettting away from these conditions while trying to fight some of the better pilots like WldThing, Sax, and Shane, cause they will enter those zones to evade and reverse. Like WldThing said, with time, you will be able to predict your enemy's flight path, on the merge, prior to blackout and when coming out of blackout, use the view system to reaquire your target.

Take a spit to 5000 ft ... put the nose down ... get over 320 mph ... and then start pulling up on the nose (not too hard) ... on the up side of the loop make sure you have throttle all the way to WEP and you should come over the top with no problem.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2003, 11:51:55 AM »
be sure to have 100mph before you start the loop.

Offline Replicant

• Gold Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2003, 04:26:52 PM »
As Sax mentioned, try checking your joystick setup.  Go to Setup with Aces High and try changing the dampening and also the response curve - I'm sure it is this that is causing your problems.
NEXX

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2003, 05:07:42 PM »
Actually yes i've been having problems i guess with my joystick setup, i have a MS Sidewinder Precision 2 and the rudder is a simple twist of the stick, how could i adjust it to correct the problem shane?

Offline 68falcon

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
      • 68th Lightning Lancers
Blackouts
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2003, 05:15:03 PM »
Blackouts are as normal int this game as landings. They happen to everyone and after a while you will learn to compensate for them. Don't let them stop you from flying in the main arena after all it is a game and you don't really die so fly and have fun.
If you like come join us and fly with our squad we will be glad to help you in anyway we can.

68Falcon
                                                           68th Lightning Lancers
Commanding Officer
68th Lightning Lancers
Fear the Reaper no more. Fear the Lancers

Offline Soda

• Silver Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/soda_p/models.htm
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 05:19:51 PM »
Just to confirm,  make sure you calibrated your stick in both windows and AH so that the limits are set properly.  I play with an MS FF stick and have barely made any adjustments to my settings other than to bump up my aileron response a bit.

Blackouts are not a problem unless you are in long periods of blackout.  Tunnel vision type blackouts are quite normal though but any time at high G's is burning energy quickly.  The Spit should be able to loop easily at around 200mph though.  Less than that and you need to be gentle taking it over the top and not pull too hard.  Under about  It should be impossible to black out a Spit under about 210mph.  Make sure your throttle is also calibrated properly, I've seen a couple of people who have had problems with mis-calibrated throttles and can't get full engine power.

-Soda
Aces High Trainer Corps
The Assassins.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2003, 06:29:58 PM »
Grab a Spit V with 25% fuel. Let the plane climb about 3,000 agl and level out. Let the speed build to about 240 IAS. Notice where the "g-meter" is on the panel...it's labeled "ACCEL"  If you're on autopilot, hit X to release it. Gently pull back on the stick, watching the g-meter as you do. Try to keep the needle on 3. If the stall horn starts screaming, add some WEP...just don't exceed 3 g's. Once you can hold a steady 3 g's, you'll stop blacking out.

At which point your nose has looped and pointed down, chop the throttle back.

Once you get the hang of it, try dropping flaps just as you're about to loop over. Once you're pointed down, lift the flaps up.

I recall in AW you could loop a Spit endlessly at 150 IAS without blackout or losing altitude. Haven't tried it in AH

Good luck,
DmdMax

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2003, 07:04:03 PM »
You have an e-mail address post it and hopefully some guys will e-mail you there stick settings.
Good luck

Offline BigMax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.cybrtyme.com/personal/hblair/mainpage.htm
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2003, 08:11:14 PM »
Originally posted by DVDA
Actually yes i've been having problems i guess with my joystick setup, i have a MS Sidewinder Precision 2 and the rudder is a simple twist of the stick, how could i adjust it to correct the problem shane?

All the info provided here is very good... Want help?  Book a training flight.  Aces High has trainers that are more than willing to help you learn the game...  I bet you have more questions than just about loops...

Email the trainers

or shoot me an email at the link below...  We will help you.

That goes for anyone else needing help too.:D

Offline DVDA

• Copper Member
Is It Possible!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2003, 09:31:10 PM »
Originally posted by sax
You have an e-mail address post it and hopefully some guys will e-mail you there stick settings.
Good luck

Its DVDAOz@aol.com