Author Topic: Mainstream media still treating Bush with kid gloves  (Read 569 times)

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
Mainstream media still treating Bush with kid gloves
« on: May 16, 2003, 02:56:32 AM »
Substitute Bill Clinton for Bush over the past six months and you will see my point. What would TV talking heads be saying today? William Kristol, Sean Hannity and the others would be demanding Clinton's impeachment. They would be screaming that there were no weapons of mass destruction and Clinton knew it. He lied to the U.N., to the American people, and he deliberately and unnecessarily placed American troops in harm's way.

And if that was insufficient to start an impeachment proceeding, they would be screaming that he did all of this without a congressional declaration of war. This would be "Wag the Dog" all over again. A war to divert attention from a flagging economy. And, to top it off, Clinton did not secure the Iraqi nuclear sites to prevent looting, did not protect the national museum, did not capture Saddam or his sons. He led people to believe that the invasion of Iraq was about Sept. 11, not oil.

They would save the best until last. Do you remember the famous haircut on Air Force One? Clinton supposedly had his hair cut while planes were diverted around Los Angeles International Airport. It didn't happen, but Clinton was condemned on right-wing talk shows throughout America for this alleged waste of funds.

Imagine if Bill Clinton had slowed down an aircraft carrier and had landed on the deck in a jet for photo ops for his campaign. Oh, my goodness! The folks at Fox would be in cardiac arrest. Rush would froth at the mouth

more

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2003, 03:12:51 AM »
I just farted.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 03:29:20 AM »
Not to mention the evil right wing media is letting PNAC off the hook for staging the 911 WTC boeing drone attacks and the pentagon cruise missle explosion... :rolleyes:

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 06:32:44 AM »
So Bill Kristol and Sean Hannity are mainstream media?  One hosts a talk show and the other is editor of The Weekly Standard.

Is The Weekly Standard now a mainstream newspaper?

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 06:35:21 AM »
Fatty the media are controlled by bunch of evil right wing "corporations". Wake up dude! They should be owned by workers and students communes! :D

Offline Fatty

• Gold Member
      • http://www.fatdrunkbastards.com
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2003, 06:48:32 AM »
Seriously, that was one sad column.  There may indeed be truth to the headline, but you certainly won't find it reading that op-ed.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2003, 07:30:54 AM »
10bears - I think there's room for ya on that Texas bus .... LOL

now stop wasting time with silly posts and get back to CT map makin :)
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2003, 08:01:39 AM »
10Bears,
How you doin bud?

To quote your post:
"They would be screaming that there were no weapons of mass destruction and Clinton knew it. He lied to the U.N., to the American people, and he deliberately and unnecessarily placed American troops in harm's way."

If you could have been in Iraq during the war (and I was, so I have some knowledge in this area), you would see that even if we never find WMD it would not matter. Freeing the Iraqi people from oppression was enough. When we liberated a town there were people in tears of joy thanking us. The day after taking a town all paintings and statues of Saddam were painted over or torn down. People were celebrating in the streets.

As far as placing troops in harm's way, we had no problem with this and in fact, most of us welcomed it. (That's why we chose our profession) You don't go into a career in baseball to sit on the bench just like you don't become a soldier to sit back and watch others fight for you. Even the wounded guys in our company still have no regrets. On the rare occasion you hear of a soldier complain it is usually a rear echelon support guy who doesn't even see any fighting. Those of us that actually did the fighting have no complaints about going into harm's way.

As far as President Bush goes, he is the greatest President we have had in my lifetime. I wasn't on a Carrier but I know that a visit by President Bush would have been well worth the extra hour delay that it supposedly took to turn the carrier. These democrats doing the whining about this don't give a crap about the military and don't realise what a boost in morale it was for the sailors on that carrier to have their Commander in Chief pay them a visit.

Cpig (formerly WpnSG)
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2003, 08:07:19 AM »
10Bears Does Iraq have Chem/Bio Weapons?

Again, welcome home Wpn. And Thanks again for your service.

You might check that thread above; 10B and I have a small wager going on Iraqi WMD and, should they find them before the end of 10B's 90 day bet window, you'll be the beneficiary.

Look forward to winging with you again!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »
If you could have been in Iraq during the war (and I was, so I have some knowledge in this area), you would see that even if we never find WMD it would not matter.

Yes it does matter, The U.S intelligence agencys will be questioned in the future...

Regards.
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Offline AWMac

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2003, 08:52:28 AM »
WpnX nicely said and welcome home!

US Army Retired here.

Again  

:D

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2003, 09:05:49 AM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Yes it does matter, The U.S intelligence agencys will be questioned in the future...

Regards.

Any more so than they are questioned now?

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2003, 09:20:58 AM »
I have voted for a few Democratic Presidential candidates...

Go ahead and make fun, but I actually liked Jimmy Carter way back when. He was honest, and legitimately tried to make a difference, but couldn't get around the system.

However, anyone who tries to portray Bill Clinton as an all around "great" President has their head so far up their butt they could bite their own tonsils. He was a disgrace to the Democratic party.

Regardless of whether you're Democrat or Republican, it's a natural tendency for people to buck up for their political party and look for reasons to support their party's President at all costs.

Rush Limbaugh annoys me worse than a rash with his rantings... But on this I'll agree...  

Clinton was an absolute boob.

Offline GrimCO

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.GrimsReapers.com
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 09:28:16 AM »
Originally posted by Yeager
Joe :D

Who's this? Hope it's not Rush! LOL

Offline OIO

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 10:19:07 AM »
well, the only other president I know of that got to excercise his presidential staff while in office was JFK. Then Clinton.

Heeheee.