Author Topic: For HTC: My suggestion for a new perk list('43~early '44 MA environment)  (Read 10153 times)

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
For HTC: My suggestion for a new perk list('43~early '44 MA environment)
« Reply #150 on: June 29, 2004, 07:09:45 PM »
Only 1 has been perked due to “balance”, as far as I’m aware of, the infamous C-hog. I fail to see how this has enforced any type of diversity… **That’s not completely accurate, there was the 20% usage thing but that’s not happening again.** ok, so I have to pay for the C-hog, everything else being targeted is and has been available.

Oh come on, Zippatuh, don't play naive. The F4U-4, Ta152H, Spit14, Me262, Ar234 and Me163, Me262, Tempests are all perked planes in reasons due to balance.

Only one has been perked, from being unperked, but various others are perked punitively high from the beginning of their introduction to AH.

If diversity, or at least, a diversity representative enough to portray something that resembles WW2 air struggle did not matter in the first place then the 262s and 163s would be free all along. The skies would be filled with jets and rockets and we'd might as well call it AH:1946.

In reasons of balance, certain planes deemed powerful in performance to shake the arena into monopoly of a handful of superplanes, is perked at a price. Diversity, is FORCED by HTC.

My suggestions are mere expansions/tweaks to existing schemes. Don't act as if the arena was all freedom, and I'm suddenly coming up with shackles to enslave certain planes.

No I didn’t read it carefully; it’s too much about a subject that has been discussed in the past to the point of being ridiculous. I’m not sure what’s sad, not reading a diatribe about perking planes for diversity, or typing a diatribe to get aircraft perked in order to achieve diversity.

In other words, your commenting on something which you have not read carefully. But merely commenting on past experiences of such discussions, without knowing what specific strengths or weaknesses my suggestion has to offer.

I do not believe that perking any aircraft is going to achieve what you want it to other than restricting someone who just started playing from flying the aircraft of their choice. In any case, if you do this then everyone should get at least 200 perk points at the beginning of each tour.

Perking aircrafts, have already proven to achieve what you are skeptical that this suggestion can achieve. You merely fail to acknowledge that fact.

Perks as means of limiting plane choice is already here, and the suggested NPA is also tested out in the CT and has been proven to work.

1. Playing whatever plane of one's own choice, is a freedom cherished as long as it does not disturb arena balance. This doctrine is already embedded in the default perk system. HTC limits use of certain planes free of price, and sometimes will go in lengths as to perk previously unperked planes, to achieve that goal.

2. The NPA is a tweaked/expanded form of perks applied, to actually make it easier, and a realistic goal, for people to get their hands on currently perked planes.

The suggested perk prices are about only half the price than compared to what it is now, for a large bulk of perk planes. Spit14s, F4U-4s, Me262s are all much cheaper in my suggestion. It actually expands the chance for new people to use perked planes.

3. The NPA also aims to newly perk a certain bulk of late war planes at a very cheap price, in order to allow frequent usage. Any newbie who HOs three planes during a 15 minute time span of their short, highly dangerous virtual lives, earn at least 3 perks. Enough to fly a P-51D.

Nobody is taking away anything. Even at 8 perks, the Chog usage is constant at near 2%, which is about the average rate of '2nd class planes', such as the 205. The suggested prices for most of the planes that are to be perked is more than half cheaper than that.

As a result, new people will be yes, FORCED to ride 2nd grade planes a bit more than they used to. But as soon as some meager points are accumulated, they can indulge in their favorite planes - its that cheap. Not to mention that the 2nd rate planes are also much higher in ENY values, which will at least compensate for their limitations of plane choice.

And that "bit" of less usage in the majorly overused planes, as a collective total of all the players in the MA, is what I'm expecting to hold the effect of reducing the "Big5" usage quite a bit, and redistributing them to other planes - without making it impossible for newbies to fly perked planes, like in the case of the Me262 currently, which they'll have to collect points for months to ride it for the first time.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #151 on: June 29, 2004, 07:51:29 PM »
tho i loved the rolling planeset in WARbirds in my short 2 week stay with them till i find out about this game before i paid them

got my vote:aok
known as Arctic in the main

Offline Hades55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #152 on: June 29, 2004, 08:36:51 PM »
test

Offline Sp4de

• Silver Member
      • http://www.freewebs.com/decommissisoned1/
« Reply #153 on: June 30, 2004, 01:14:33 AM »
i are beings in

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2004, 12:22:38 PM »
After reading ALL the posts (phew), I was initially against the idea.
But since the introduction of AH2 it has definately become a late war MA. We may only see the early planes now in the SEA.
Mildy perking the 'big five' shouldn't present a big problem, if HT is worried about losing new players he could start them off with say 100 perks. This would at least give them the opportunity to fly the late war planes.
Overall I think it's a good idea, just see very little chance of it being implemented.
Never thought perking to reduce numbers was a good idea (F4U-4) as if this is the case the Pony, Spit9, Nik, LA7 would all be perked in the same range as the F4U-4. But perking based on availability makes more sense. Perk costs are lower and would promote a wider variation of aircraft in the MA.
Even a 1 week trial based on Kweassa's idea might be a good idea to judge the actual affect on the MA.
For example, for its capabilities the Spi 14 is ridiculously over perked at present. It is very under used in the MA because most people when they see a high Spit 14 dive for the deck. Spit 14 options, stay high get called a woose, follow him down to low alt where the LaGays etc excel.
One nice change would be to see the discontinuation of perk tags. Spit is Spit etc, although this would still leave the Tempest etc in the same boat.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 12:27:20 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline 327thBS

• Copper Member
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2004, 02:11:03 PM »
I LUV THIS IDEA..HTC listen to Kweassa .. :aok

Offline KaK3MAW

• Zinc Member
« Reply #156 on: August 19, 2004, 05:14:30 PM »
You got my vote , though after reading it all I have come to the selfrealization i am dweeb for favoring the 109g6 and hurri2 for 80% of my flights. I'm gopnna go eat  a quart of chunky monkey and feel sorry for myself, rub one out and then take a nap........
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 05:22:03 PM by KaK3MAW »

Offline TexMurphy

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2005, 07:59:20 AM »
I think its time to dig this thread up once again.

Since this thread was created the trend of speed demon usage has been even bigger. Also the trend of using late war fighters for JABOs instead of Attack planes is also very very clear.

Adding to that the addition of the earlier P38 models makes this case even stronger. We have also seen a shift in the Spit9 (which was a concern at the time of this thread) to the Spit5 which basicly eliminates the suspected problems of leaving Spit9 unperked.

Tex.

Offline grmrpr

• Copper Member
      • http://www.maderios.org/
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2005, 09:38:33 AM »
HTC should charge money to buy additional perks ;)

Think of all that revenue ;)

GrmRpr

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2005, 12:05:24 PM »
That is an outstanding idea!

Fly for free but only get the planes that were flying at the onset of hostilities. You want more? Belly up to the bar big fella, have I got a plane for you...but there's a small fee involved.

There would be plenty of guys flying around for free using the P40 and such. and plenty of cracklike addicts blowing their bank account getting vulched in an La7!:D

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline Fruda

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: February 10, 2005, 02:07:51 PM »
I really don't think that the Spit 14 model we have should be perked. It's not much better than a Spit 9 with a Merlin 66. Well, cancel that: It *isn't* better than a Spit 9 with a Merlin 66.

Now, I'd definately say otherwise if we had the Spitfire F Mk.XIVe model.

Offline Magoo

• Copper Member
« Reply #161 on: February 10, 2005, 03:30:24 PM »
I'm just wondering, is Hitech Creations staff reading this thread?If so, does it carry water with them? Or is this just so much mental masturbation?
:D

BTW, I wasn't serious with my post 2 replies ago...

Magoo
A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all!

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: February 10, 2005, 08:28:27 PM »
Yeow.. who keeps bringing back the dead..?? :D

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: February 10, 2005, 08:49:50 PM »
TexMurphy did it.  Gets an A for researching and not duplicating a thread topic ...
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #164 on: February 10, 2005, 09:12:02 PM »
Ever played a car game where you have to progress through the bad cars to get to the sleek speed machines?

A system where someone learns the ropes before getting unleashed on the best machinery is tried and true gameplay stuff.

Vets will have more than enough points to fly whatever the heck they want.

If you want to give newbies a go, give em a 500 perk balance with each new account.

Please HTC, give the perk system more teeth and get rid of the ENY limiting.  Use the perk system to encourage more early-mid war aircraft use.  There's 60 odd planes in the plane set, getting the top 10 perked still leaves a heck of a lot of variety.