Author Topic: Thx to allies forces in Frame 4  (Read 468 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Thx to allies forces in Frame 4
« on: May 24, 2003, 09:04:58 AM »
For putting up with my orders.  I know that some of you had to fly a LOOONG way to your targets.  I hope that everyone saw some action and had a good time.

Thx to DD and the CM crew for the event (sling for saving one of my sqd's from a boring evening).

Overall it looked pretty successful.  Three enemy ships sunk (at least one CV).  A10 totally destroyed, A9 heavily damaged, and 60 enemy AC destroyed.

We did incur some heavy losses though.  We lost at least 50 of our own AC.  We also had one of our ships sunk (type unknown by me).

DD will post results of the frame soon I am sure.

If you had some glaring problems in this frame,  please voice them here in a non-whine type format.  For instance,  if your orders were such that you doidn't have the range to make it back home or to another friendly CV, or some other gliche that was unforseen.  Only by you guys saying something can the event community learn from it and improve the sqd ops events.

thx

ammo
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline jordi

• Platinum Member
      • noseart
Thx to allies forces in Frame 4
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 09:50:51 AM »
I got dumped just befpore take off -= cam back in and got dumped again - never had a chance to try to get back in.

Glad it all went well for the US Side.

Jordi
AW - AH Pilot 199? - 200?
Pulled out of Mothballs for DGS Allied Bomber Group Leader :)

Nose art