Author Topic: I'm with stupid...  (Read 713 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I'm with stupid...
« on: May 26, 2003, 05:25:54 PM »
....and I'm all by myself!

So, I have to work today.  It's my second day out on the floor, after 7 weeks of training.  Yesterday went real smooth, so despite this being a holiday I was happy to work - after all, I'm part time and today is 2-½ times my normal pay rate.  I get in and it's blue, oh the joy of a smooth day, blue means that it's as slow as it's gonna get - plenty of time between calls.  Despite this, my first call is prettythang, black lady who is pissed off because she has to actually pay for her mobile phone service and then more pissed off because she's too stupid to read off the routing numbers to me and somehow it's my fault because "I use these checks all tha time!".  Fortunately, she has another checking account and that one works.  Buh bye, have a fandoodilytastic day ma'am, it was a pleasure serving you!

Call two, easy cheesey, but halfway through my new boss hits the ACW button so I won't get another call when this one is through and, polite as I can be, I place the caller on hold for "one to two minutes".

Me "Wassup, boss?"
Boss "Ummm, are you supposed to work today?"
Me "Uhhh, yeah...are you saying I'm not supposed to work today???"
Boss "Did you check the day-off postings in workforce?"
Me "The what-what in whatwho?  I though I would be sent an email if I was given the day off."
Boss "I guess not , go ahead and finish this one up and log out for the day"
Me "duh-huh, you've got it!"

So, I'm an idiot, but at least I get to go to my friend's BBQ today!  :D

SOB

BTW...I lied, I'm not alone, my cat is purring contently on my lap, and she just druelled on me as she's prone to do sometimes.  Stupid cat!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 05:51:40 PM »
Nice. :)

I had almost the same experience... Not really but kinda.

A huge snow storm hit pretty hard in NYC. I boogy to work as usual (yet can't help noticing that the city was*deserted*. I could walk down the middle of 5th avenue during what woulda been morning rush-hour it was so dead.) I'm the only one there at work, and I waited another hour or so before calling my boss at home (he lived only across the bridge in Brooklyn. He's like "WTF are you doing at work?" He sends me back home, but not before adding something along the lines of "damn canadians"... In my mind I was thinking "damn rutabagas!" :D

It was a bad snow storm though... they called in the National Guard to help with the snow removal which it turns out is pretty unusual. I got the next 2-3 days off work.

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 05:54:34 PM »
Gay men live with cats. You poof.
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 05:58:59 PM »
LOL...

I was kinda considering a cat... I totally kid you not - it was just yesterday I was tellin' a friend that I decided against it, because the thought of single guys with cats was...  well, was not exactly an image I wanted to project. :D

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 06:02:39 PM »
You're at the check-out at the super-market. When you buy single guy food, that's ok. No problem there. But start buying cat-food and cat-litter as well, you might as well be purchasing pink gin and a copy of 'Greased Up Big Boys Monthly'. It's the way of world - can't argue against it. :D
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 06:16:36 PM »
I go to the pet store to buy my cat's food and litter.  BTW...what kind of cat do you have Dowding?  :D

SOB

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2003, 06:27:13 PM »
Pah.

It's not a holiday in Holland, I hadda work today at normal rate with the same number of numpties around.

However thursday and friday are holidays during which it's double time and none of the Cloggies will be in the office so I might actually get some work done for a change.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2003, 06:35:54 PM »
bwahahahaahahahahhahahaahha...

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2003, 07:53:15 PM »

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2003, 08:44:12 PM »
Originally posted by Nash
Awwww

LOL at the one who took the toaster with him :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Creamo

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2003, 09:47:38 PM »
That's a cool video. My cats just sleep all day, never could get good footage if I tried.

Tob, your manager ain't worth a crap. I'd a let you work at least 3 more hours before kicking you out and putting you on report.

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2003, 10:13:57 PM »
You are a wonderful and compassionate person Creamy...it would be my honor to have you as a boss.  But only if you brought whats-his-name with ya (that guy whose picture you posted as being you)!

SOB

Offline -Concho-

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2003, 05:36:46 AM »
usually works the opposite for me..

(phone rings)
me: hello?
boss: where you at?
me: sitting on the couch, scratching my nuts.
boss: did you look at the schedule?
me: what schedule?
boss: the one I put on your desk yesterday.
me: I was off yesterday.
boss: get your bellybutton to work.
me: aye sir!

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2003, 10:36:16 AM »
Originally posted by Nash
Awwww

LOL, great video...one of my cats used to crawl under the door like that too.  The kitten jumping and missing the desk completely is what Pudgey used to do all the time.

My guys are indoor critters, but one of them, I let walk around outside with me.  Nearly lost him the other day when he decided to give a bee a full chase.  He got stung real good, so he doesn't do that anymore!  Was hilarious to watch.

Cats are fun...both of my guys have great personalities.  Glad I rescued them from the shelter's death row.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
I'm with stupid...
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2003, 10:41:31 AM »
Siamese cats are cool.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**