Author Topic: Gone missing  (Read 1431 times)

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Gone missing
« on: April 28, 2000, 01:12:00 PM »
 I got into it with a 109 during the wee hours. It was a good fight (1v1) and at some point i got a little edge and shot him down. I got no kill message. When I asked He answerd with "nice kill". So he saw me kill him, and I saw me kill him. Why no message.

This has been happening to me a lot lately. Ive just been writing it off to ppl useing the old ALT f4 trick. But this guy was still online. So now im starting to wonder.

This is a biggie, IMO. Without kills, this is just a flight sim. Might as well buy a boxed sim and enjoy the eyecandy.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Gone missing
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2000, 02:04:00 PM »
Without kills, this is just a flight sim. Might as well buy a boxed sim and enjoy the eyecandy
=======
I havent had this happen to me (that I can recall).  The kill message is a decent little *pat on the back* but a kill is a kill and thats what counts for me.  Boxed sims are bloody great.  Do you not play them easy?
Im digging MigAlley and PanzerElite at this time.

Yeager
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Gone missing
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2000, 02:55:00 PM »
Credit for kills is overrated!

"As long as the bastard is down!!"

------------------
Swager
I/JG2~Richthofen~
"Damn.....I can't believe I missed that shot!!!"

JG2 "Richthofen"

[This message has been edited by Swager (edited 04-28-2000).]
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Gone missing
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2000, 03:10:00 PM »
I've had this happen to me in a number of ocassions blkast the bastard with bullets he explodes but no kill message and no kill awarded to anyone around.

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Gone missing
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2000, 03:50:00 PM »
Yeager. If you dont get the message, how do you know he is even down. Could just look that way on your FE.

Offline Azrael

• Zinc Member
Gone missing
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2000, 04:08:00 PM »
If the con is out of action (fighter attacking the buffs has a smoking engine and goes down, attacked buff has 3 engs out and goes down) it's enough to concentrate on the mission. If your only goal and mission is getting kill messages, bad luck. I heard there's a FFA field in the TA.

Az

II.(K)/JG2

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Gone missing
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2000, 04:23:00 PM »
 You gentlemen are free to enjoy the sim in any way you see fit. I reserve the right to do the same. The difference here is, if the game does not work as advertised. It lessens my enjoyment.

Offline By-Tor

• Zinc Member
Gone missing
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2000, 01:14:00 AM »
 When I became proficient in the art of airial combat to the point that I could hold my own in a fair fight -I came to realize that it was my ego that had driven me to need to see my kills (or score) displayed for others to marvel at.
 Now I fly for the FUN of it-Which is why I started itno WW2 air-simming in the first place.

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Gone missing
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2000, 05:25:00 AM »
It has happened to me a few times, but it is a rather rare phenomenon.

And, I've also been granted kills for which i have done very little (once I was landing when a 51 bounced me. The ack killed him after he pinged me some), so I feel all in all the balance is quite good.

It's a minor irritant to me, and one I can live with since it is rare.

--
StSanta
II/JG2