Author Topic: Suicide Field Porker Solution?  (Read 1092 times)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Suicide Field Porker Solution?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2003, 06:18:05 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
i think all bombers should be perked 500 points (with a lump sum of perk points, no categorized) and all jabo eggs at 10-25-50-100-150 perkies progressively by size until a person gets 2,500 fighter kills, at which point costs revert to as they are now.

The whole damned game needs to be perked and people pay extra just to up anything at all at first. Hehe ... mmmmmmriiiight. ;)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2003, 08:49:11 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
The whole damned game needs to be perked and people pay extra just to up anything at all at first. Hehe ... mmmmmmriiiight. ;)

wow i caught one!! i actually caught one!!  too bad it's too small to be a keeper.  :(
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2003, 09:18:40 PM »
watching a ww2 show they said that 500 lbers were the most common bomb in use, and 1kers were used mostly by buffs, so I would like to see 1kers perked and I think that  if ack was toughened so MGs/Cans cant take em out that would be  be a good start. Another item that would be nice is a few 88s manned at all fields would really toughen up a field IMHO.
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2003, 10:50:32 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
wow i caught one!! i actually caught one!!  too bad it's too small to be a keeper.  :(

And while we're at it, perk tax the ch1 buffer. 1 point per thousand words should do. :D

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2003, 11:31:40 PM »
Muckmaw - all this could be resolved by upping the fuel from it's current object value of .3125 x 1000lbs to .5000 x 1000lbs.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2003, 06:46:35 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
my god i agree with laz :)

I need to go lay down.....

Me too .............perking bombs over a certain weight...........

once the ability to perk loadouts is added then all manner of options become available to discourage their mis use.

I would also fix the proxy fuse on AA to an adjustable timed fuse and fix the 88mm manned ack so it can be used and added to terrains.

One thing I would do is get rid of the fighter/attack button.

If its got a level sight its a bomber.

If it flies and fires cannon at 30mm or less its a fighter.

If its got ordinance / troops or cannon over 30 mm its attack.

Doing this would mean that perks spent on bombs will limit future attack rides but not future fighter rides.

(Note that perking ordinance would enable the 3 gun La7 to be perked and the 2 gun remain unperked)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2003, 06:50:13 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2003, 07:59:04 AM »
hazed... the stengthened ack I am talking about would be fifties... 20mm at best, that are manable..

the "closer" fields that I am advocating are only like 10% closer... the "strengthened" ack will not have any effect on the "closer" fields.  

The fifties and maybe 20mm's won't affect the fluffs who fly at alt.... they should be pretty deadly to suicide jabo types tho.   I think people will man em even when you see the all too common "3 pee51 missun to pork fuel at as many undefended bases as possible"  

perked bombs for "attack/fighter" planes would solve a lot of problems.
lazs

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2003, 09:25:29 AM »
I don't know if this point has been brought up, but not to far in the past, at US prime time, the average amount of players in the MA were in the 200s. Now, at US prime time, I would belive that the average amount of players is consistently in the 400s.

This would lend credence to the fact that "fields" in general need to be hardened. It really doesn't take much to get 10+ pilots in a mission, roll into a field, and dominate the base and the air space within less than a minute. Pop the VH first, take out all the manned ack and auto-ack, and you own the place.

Hardening the "field" ...

1) Harden the VH. It is way to easy to take down.

2) Harden the auto-ack. It is way to easy to take down.

3) Harden the fuel. It is way to easy to take down.

4) Add more mannabe ack. I don't believe that there is a 4 x .50 object, so the existing acks guns would have to be used.

I use to love going on base taking missions, because it was usually not an easy thing to do. These days, you go on such a mission, and the intial set of planes that were part of the mission, prep the field for the following onslaught of planes that were not in the intial mission, but decided to follow and partake in the vulch session. So, you find a handfull of pilots preping the field and taking the town down, and 20+ in the vulch pattern.

For me, that just is not fun anymore. If we hardened the bases, the intial attack group, just might not get the prep job done with such ease, and a chance to put up a good defence might just be possible.

I say harden the "field" and forget about perking the bombs. If this were happen, then JABO would not be quite as effective as it is now, and really softening a field for capture would then be left to the bombers ... where it should be.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."