Author Topic: A quesion on gun sounds..  (Read 1020 times)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
A quesion on gun sounds..
« on: June 04, 2003, 12:02:33 PM »
I have noticed that when i make a M2 sound, that even if I use the same file for the rest of the M2_x sounds, it sounds differently.  IE  the gun on a m3 sounds very different than the guns on a p47, even tho I have the same files for both.  Does AH auto enhance these sounds to reflect the number of guns?  If so, could I wonder if they could not do that for the files within a planes folder.  I make some good gun sounds, it just gets washed away with the reverb or whatever is used automatically in the multiple gun files.

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 04:37:31 PM »
the game "locates" the source for the sounds for each plane. thats the only difference ive noticed. thats why you don't need stereo sounds.(dont try stereo. the game dont like them)

Offline EAGLEFIGHTERIII

• Zinc Member
A-18 M2
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 04:13:22 AM »
Originally posted by buzkill
the game "locates" the source for the sounds for each plane. thats the only difference ive noticed. thats why you don't need stereo sounds.(dont try stereo. the game dont like them)

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2003, 10:21:13 AM »
Originally posted by buzkill
. thats why you don't need stereo sounds.(dont try stereo. the game dont like them)

oh..maybe thats the problem

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2003, 11:04:30 AM »
whats the symptom? sounds cutting out or video jitters or just crappy sounds

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2003, 01:58:44 PM »
No.  really no problems.  I want to make my own M2-2, m2_3, etc. sounds.  I make the m2 sound which is just a single .50cal.  The M2_2 I think would be 2 .50cals.  IE an side gunner on a b17 would use 1 m2 file, assuming that is the only gun he is firing.
  Where as a tail gunner would use an M2_2 file if that were the only gun he were firing.  I have the exact same file as m2 and m2_2 but it seems AH takes the M2 file and runs it thru some audio effects to simulate the m2_2 situation.  I can hear rounds per minute increase, which is ok, but there is some cheezy echo reverb tremelo stuff in there also, which i dont like and dont have the time to airbrush it out.  But it could be the stereo effect, although I have had no trubble with my stereo engine sounds.

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2003, 03:26:16 PM »
whats your e-mail. im using sounds that were sampled off real m2 machine guns(from military firing range) that are optimized for the p51, but i noticed they work great for anything with 50's

Offline WhiteHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 07:59:09 AM »
PSharpdd@Netscape.net
  Appreciate it, I collect  sounds.   Right now I am trying to make a good .50cal that has shells dropping on the floor for buff guns and m3's and the such, but not much success.
  Hehe..I just got an idea for that.
  What mix program do you use?

PS if that link dont work, jsut send it manually.  

Thnx.

Offline buzkill

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 05:34:22 PM »
just remembered...there is a thread with those sounds in here...ill move it to the top