Author Topic: Crashes  (Read 296 times)

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
Crashes
« on: June 05, 2003, 06:03:47 PM »
One think I would love to se in AH2 is good crashes,.  After shooting down an enemy aircraft, instead of just exploding when it contacts the ground, possibly in could skid, skip, or roll around on the ground.  It would be awesome to fly by the plane you just shot down on the ground to see that it has become nothing more than a flaming, bent hulk of metal.  I would maybe like to see planes splitting in two on the ground, or just bouncing around, bending, leaving debris behind...of course, this would all disappear after about 60 seconds or so.  This would also work well with tanks.  Instead of tanks unrealistically blowing up, they could become molten hunks of metal, all bent and broken when you kill them.  I am beginning to see  "plane leftovers" in a lot of games now, and it would be cool to see remains of aircraft in ah2 after you shoot them down, and then see one burst into flames,split in two, bounce along the terrain, then stop, noticing that it has bent and become seriously burnt.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Crashes
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 09:35:08 PM »
I'd like to see engines get ripped off from the wings when ditching.

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
Crashes
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2003, 02:48:07 PM »
hehe :D

I would also like to see more crash landings.  If i crash land on a cv, i dont completley die.  That would be helpful.

Offline Edantes

• Zinc Member
Crashes
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 09:30:56 AM »
This is sort of along the same lines...

What about damage resulting from a plane hitting a ground target? That is to say, you are flying down the muzzle of a MM-16, and get your wing blown off... Now, with AH1.x, you may hit the GV, but nothing happens... Realistically, if a 375+ MPH plane hit a MM-16/Flak wagon/radar, etc., there would be little left of the GV/object. (Has this already been discussed?)

Of course, this concept, if implemented, might justify adding some of those crazy Japanese jet-kamakzi (sp?) thingies, to smash up aircraft carriers.  

Just a thought.

~Luke

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Crashes
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 10:39:02 AM »
bending props when you ditch wheels up..
oil spray when engine hit in certain place covers canopy
cockpit fire/smoke
bullets holes in canopy when hit and damaged dials/instruments.
dust thrown up by fast moving vehicles or taxying aircraft that gives away your position.
SECONDARY explosions with more debris on targets hit like hangers or factories.
Airfield and factory eye candy targets like fuel bowsers or trucks or dispersed aircraft being repaired.(no kills but score for a target like fuel and ammo bunkers etc)
Posibly ground crew racing around when siren starts to add to the feel of panic.things like firetrucks or jeeps wizzin around in the attack.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Crashes
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 03:19:18 PM »
We did have fields where there were parked planes.

Lets just say you think you complain about FR hits now...