Author Topic: What has happened to AH?  (Read 5173 times)

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
What has happened to AH?
« on: June 07, 2003, 01:04:56 PM »
I used to enjoy the hell out of playing this game.  You could log in, find a fight quick, kill or be killed, repeat until you were done.  

Now you log in, take off, if you find one enemy plane you'd better be in a 262 to run him down in, cause he sure as hell ain't fighting.  If you can find two or three enemy planes, you might be able to get some sort of 'fight', as long as they are all above you.  If they are co-alt or lower typically they'll make a couple half-assed passes and run.  

So what happened?  It isn't limited to one country... just about everyone flies like a sissy.  The only GOOD fight I had today was me in a spit against 5 rooks.  It is a little pathetic when the only time anyone will do anything other than bore and zoooooooooom is when they have a 5 to 1 numbers advantage, but you'd be hard-pressed to find anyone that will fight with less than that.  

I'm flying all by my lonesome about 5 thousand feet below the rooks streaming in to orbit one of the knight bases... and I couldn't count the number of times one would dive, make a horrible halfassed pass, and then either run back to his ack, or keep going towards my base where all his friends are.  Why?  Are people really THAT bad?  And whats more....  they must KNOW they are that bad, or they wouldn't be so whoopeeed scared.  Furthermore... why the hell are you scared?  It is a VIDEO GAME.  You don't REALLY DIE.  You can take off again as soon as you get shot down.  And whats really really awful is... you might actually LEARN HOW TO FIGHT.  I know, it's unknown and the unknown is scary, but trust me, it is a helluva lot more fun than 'fighting' like a perpetual motion machine.

It is disgusting, at least to me.  The most commonly used offensive 'tactic' is dive, make a crappy pass, zoom.  If target banks, just zoom, don't bother shooting.  Run after 1 pass, 2 passes at most.  And God forbid you actually attack an enemy plane that is lower than you.  Want to know what you'll see?  I can tell you, and I'll be right about 99.999999999% of the time.  Split-S, haul bellybutton for ack.  Don't turn around until you've flown through some friendly ack, no matter how far away it is.  

To all you bore and zoom sissys out there.... if you absolutely refuse to learn how to fight, do me a favor.  LEARN HOW TO SHOOT.  That way I won't have to sit and suffer through 18,000 half-assed bore and zoom passes.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2003, 01:15:11 PM »
Amen brotha.........

Bore n ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ reigns supreme.

Folks rather fly into the ground then be shot down be another player.

I dont think they are afraid of "death" because if you pick anyone of them and check their stats death visits them often. Its the "You have been killed by XXX" that gets them. You need to be in d9s g10s p51s and el gay 7s and at times 262s or 163s to run um down. This is especially true on infinity and pizza.

Many dont even attempt anything resembling a2a. There whole focus is the land grab where they feel "usefull". Die by ground is more preferrable then death by Urchin.

Half assed aerail strafing pass then run like hell until and come back hoping to catch the guy asleep.

Offline pugg666

• Silver Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 01:18:08 PM »
sorry to hijack but what's the name of that song in your sig urchin?

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2003, 01:22:14 PM »
i agree totally urchin, its always bore-n-zoom run90's and runstangs.

so i fly la7 to run their arses down.

Today, a p51 went noe to our base, popped up to about 5k, saw me taking off so ran all the way home, then crashed on finals.  Seems odd to me how some dweebs pay to play a game and not fight.

I think the reason they never furball is because they suck at it and cant do anything else but bnz.
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2003, 01:45:55 PM »
Urchin there is perfectly good explaination for this..

And I for one am going to pull up a lawn chair and pop a cold one because the reasons should be quite entertaining.

See, you have it all wrong, and they will tell you why..

Here, have a cheap beer.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2003, 02:15:46 PM »
Im currently taking the month off from AH as the boredom and annoyance factor outweighed the fun at the time. I was in a H2H room other night, specifically Ikes peashooter setup that was a blast and AH like it used to feel.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline BlkKnit

• Gold Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2003, 02:18:39 PM »
Yeah, theres plenty of good fights in the MA.....just the other day I BnZed a 190...missed and ran away...but,

I got lost, was tryin to find my way home and the 190 BnZed me......and missed, so I chased him home where a spit was waitin...so I ran home.  After crashing on approach (no where near the runway) I upped again...at which point I got BnZed by a pony.

So, I logged off and went to the TA, where I could fly around without all the distractions. :p

Oh and when I finally came back, I did a milk run on a ammo factory.  was great fun! :D

Once a Knight is Never Enough

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2003, 02:22:25 PM »
I could never understand whiners that don't just quit. Seriously. ;)

:D

"Someone once told me all these planes fly differently. Another guy told me all the pilots fly differently. They can't both be right!"

*chuckle*
« Last Edit: June 07, 2003, 04:59:19 PM by Arlo »

Offline Furball

• Plutonium Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2003, 02:40:49 PM »
Originally posted by BlkKnit
Yeah, theres plenty of good fights in the MA.....just the other day I BnZed a 190...missed and ran away...but,

I got lost, was tryin to find my way home and the 190 BnZed me......and missed, so I chased him home where a spit was waitin...so I ran home.  After crashing on approach (no where near the runway) I upped again...at which point I got BnZed by a pony.

So, I logged off and went to the TA, where I could fly around without all the distractions. :p

Oh and when I finally came back, I did a milk run on a ammo factory.  was great fun! :D

what a touching story, glad it had a happy ending..
I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know.
-Cicero

-- The Blue Knights --

Offline ALF

• Silver Member
      • http://www.mikethinks.com
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2003, 03:30:48 PM »
Im not sure I completely understand this whine.  Are those that fly planes that don't turn on a dime expected to turnfight with Spits and such?  Is it no longer acceptable to extend out of range if you do not have the advantage and would end up dead?  Should we all just park on the runways and let others kill us so we are not called boring?  If I am diving on an enemy, am I now required to bleed of all my E so that I can be a sitting duck, and not to extend out of range and make another pass?

There certainly are many who cannot dive in with enough control of their E to push the advantage immediatly...but I hardly think this is cause to complain.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2003, 04:04:33 PM »
Originally posted by ALF
If I am diving on an enemy, am I now required to bleed of all my E so that I can be a sitting duck, and not to extend out of range and make another pass?

by "extend out of range" you mean run 20 miles back to your own base acks?

and arlo... i don't understand why the clueless want to remain clueless.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2003, 04:12:50 PM »
alf you sound like another guy who doesnt really know what energy fighting is. Its not about high speed dives from alt then running a sector away before turning back. You can fight from an advantage hold energy and still be aggressive without just running.

Besides you are confusing what Urchin is saying altogether. Pure running is not in any way fighting. Urchin is saying that in his recent experience that folk avoid the "fight" all together.

Boom and Zoom is included in energy fighting but even so theres many different ways to execute "BnZ" that dont include just running. Urchin is a decent tutor and I am sure he can help teach folks whats what. Being aggressive and fighting doesnt mean turn fighting a spit 5 in a jug at 2k.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2003, 04:15:06 PM »
Originally posted by Shane
by "extend out of range" you mean run 20 miles back to your own base acks?

and arlo... i don't understand why the clueless want to remain clueless.

What part of the word "whining" confuses you? :D

Offline jamusta

• Silver Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2003, 04:23:07 PM »
If you noticed there are alot of names online that one has never seen before. The flood of truly new players is amazing. They dont chk 6. If you ask for help they wont come help. I had a yak spit and n1k on me last night asked for help they flew past me to vulch the zeke that was upping. Needless to say my feelings were hurt. So now I look for even dar bar. Hope that its some vets. up a spit V. climb. bnz in my spit V. then turn fight. then try to make it home with 5 bad guys on my 6. All this time i expect help from no one and will only help those that i know will help me.

It aint like it use to be and ive only been here since oct 2002.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
What has happened to AH?
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2003, 04:36:08 PM »
Everytime I saw you in trouble I came running to you as fast as I could. Of course, you were on the other side. ;)