Author Topic: The map and Kadesh planeset  (Read 954 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
The map and Kadesh planeset
« on: June 12, 2003, 02:52:31 PM »
Firstly:
what Spitfires do in 1956 ????????????????
They didn't flew in this period even spit14
Tempset and F4u ???? F4U I can understand the only navy plane but anyway - the Kadesh war was Jet war - the prop planes had used only in Ground attacks P51 had it's last operation service in this war. B17b had used 2-3 times in nigh attacks only.
I think it is better to make the Jets only fights - 262 vs 262 as Meteor/Mister/Ouragan vs Meteor/Vampire/MiG-15. You not need there spitfires. Prop planes in attack sorties only.

Secondly:
Why tunissia map - it is too far from - try Israel map I made even in the way it looks like now - the speeds of jets planes make the ditances much shoter. and you need just a couple of minutes to get from IAF base to Egyptian base.

Make this event more real please - it will look much better.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
      • http://personal.jax.bellsouth.net/jax/t/y/tyr88/JG2main.html
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2003, 03:35:39 PM »
Artik, hey bud your map will be great for event's but like I said in e-mails to you players dont like to fly long distances in the CT like over 25 miles it's bad for game play, and on this map the 262 are limited to the rear bases, some players will fery them up but most are not interested in doing this. While not all the bases on your map are that far apart( over 25 miles) the ones around Iserail are and it will not be good for game play.

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2003, 01:58:14 AM »
Artik,
This was my set-up and I chose what planes and map were used.

1. I didn't use your map because as Brady suggested, it was not CT friendly. I very much would have liked to use it.

2. Acording to my refrences - the Egyptian AF still had Spitfires in use as ground attack planes at the time of the 1956 war.

3. The Tempest was substuted for the RN Attacker Jet instead of the 262 for the simple reason most people have trouble taking a jet off the carrier. Simple as that.

4. The reason for the F4U & TBM was that was the actual types used abourd the French Carriers.

5. The reason is it wasn't left to Jet vs. Jet only is that HTC in their infinate wisdom decided not to enable bombs or rockets on the 262 so if any turf was to be taken there had to be props.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 04:13:35 PM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 05:18:23 AM »
Egyptian AF still had Spitfires

I am Israeli and I know the history of Kadesh war quite well.

In 1956 Egyptian AF included this:
  • 4 squadrons of MiG-15/MiG-17
  • 3 squadrons of Vampire (they had been used in Air to Ground sorties)
  • 1 squadron of Gloster Meteor
  • 2 squadrons of Il-28
  • 2 squadrons of cargo planes.

Even if they had Spitfires they had never used in this war

IAF included:
  • 1 squadron of Myster IV
  • 1 squadron of Ouragan
  • 2 squadrons of Meteor
  • 2 squadrons of Mustang
  • 2 squadrons of Mosquito
  • 1 squadron of Harvard
  • 1 squadron of B-17 that included only 3 planes

About french/british forces I have less information and I think it is right to use F4U-4 and Tempset as crrier based planes because we do not have Carrier bases Jets.

The operation Musketeer was very short and was based on Hard bombing of Egyptian AF bases and LVT's capturing. It started at the end of Kadesh War. The most fights were at Siai of IAF vs EAF.

The most fights were between Mister IV and MiG-15
Egyptians had never used prop planes.

I think the best is to make Jets aviable at all fields. and to use prop planes in ground attack sorties only.

So we will make this CT much close to real with Jet fights

By the way 30mm guns are very good to kill GV's and they could be used qute well.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2003, 01:53:54 PM »
"By the way 30mm guns are very good to kill GV's and they could be used qute well."

The Me 262 has no "Atack" button which means that any GV or Ground atack sorties in them will wreak your fighter rank, for those who wory over such thing's.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2003, 02:17:13 PM »
Originally posted by brady
 The Me 262 has no "Atack" button which means that any GV or Ground atack sorties in them will wreak your fighter rank, for those who wory over such thing's.

and you know who you are!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2003, 03:28:18 PM »
Concho:D

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2003, 04:27:08 PM »
Artik, congrats on being Israeli. !
In the Squadron Signal publication - ARAB AIR FORCES while not directly listing them it implied that the Spitfire's of the EAF where still in service though not in the frontline. My reason for including them.

I am sorry you guys were not pleased with my set-up. I noticed alot of people flying for the amount of "whining" going on.

It was an experiment plain and simple. Something to get away from the same ole same ole. I would have loved to make it realistic as possible with METEORS, MIG-15's etc., but there are certain limitations placed on us by the dynamics of the game. We have to make it as "Playable" as possible for all. Whine to your heart's content - this won't change.

In conclusion, if you guys aimed you "Whines" toward HTC instead those of us that are just trying to bring more intrest to our game then we might get all those new toys we have been pleading with for years.
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2003, 05:20:13 PM »
We do, it dont....:mad:

Well, to conclude this weeks map. The Spit IVX, that doesnt seem to have suposed to have been there to begin with, was flown more than anything.

Here is what we had:
Spits Vs P-51
Spits vs Tempest
Spits vs Me 262
Spits vs F4U

P-51 vs Spits
P-51 vs Me 262

Me 262 vs Me 262

etc etc etc

Still looks like the MA to me.

Jester, I realy do see your point but I am still surprised. Lets dont sugar coat it next time. Lets just say "lets have a mini MA with a few mixed matched airplanes vs each other" for a bit of change in pace.

Lets stick to the meaning of the CT. If the plane aint there, dont sub it. If this means an unbalanced map, oh well, then its time to continue to yell at HTC. We need plane matches to go along with the map time frames.

Lets start out one week early PTO, one week early ETO etc etc and work our way to the end of the war!

Its kinda funny, the other night you were in the Ar-something or another and I shot you down. That was the ONLY ONE I have seen all week!

This map turned into a Spit vs ? furball week! Oh yeah, and that damn pesky Tiger Tank.

Another funny thing was the fact that those guys said that only one flight of THREE B-17s were used during that conflict. I saw many many mnay B-17s..heheheheh

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2003, 05:57:08 PM »
Andijg

I enjoyed the setup and plane set.  I thought it was fun to fly the different perk planes for free.

Flew the others before, but never really flew the Spit14.  Was very surprised at it's speed and handling at higher speeds.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline 10Bears

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 07:10:12 PM »
Cadillac of the sky ran rings around the spit14

That plane overrated.

Offline brady

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 08:49:16 PM »
Ya I had a lot of fun flying this set up and I thought it played very well and was good match up, 10Bears is right I had my but handed to me by some P51 Jocks that new how to make her work for them while I was in a Spit XIV.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 11:50:20 PM »
I wasn't saying that the spit14 is uber.   I had never really flown it before as was surprised.  Had 3 or 4 spit14's catch my arse in a 262 last week.  Surprised me.

Course I also handled myself well against 3 to 4 newbie p51's on occasion.  Was fun.

Still a big for the set-up despite others feelings.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 12:00:17 AM »
I enjoyed it aswell.

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2003, 01:50:34 AM »
The most interesting that there were almost no fight Meteor/262 vs Meteor/262 - this period of 1956 was the period of Jets. Spitfires, Mustangs, F4U-7 (in the set F4U-4) used in Air to ground sorties only. If there were all fields with Jets it would be much more interesting because the role of Prop plances known as good fighters wold be shifted to air to ground only due to supriority of Jets. I think it is worst to try this it would open New Jet ara for AH playes.