Author Topic: editing sounds....  (Read 551 times)

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
editing sounds....
« on: June 16, 2003, 02:02:26 PM »
does anyone have a .50 cal for the m3 that is quiet? i mean the current mitsu version is a bit loud for me (sry mitsu bud)

same for the tank guns?

for some reason i cant figure out how to turn down the indivdual GV gun sounds in AH (or it isnt working properly for me because i can turn down the gun sounds in everything BUT GV's :( )

what i'm looking for basically is a 50% volume version of all GV gun sounds, but especially the tank and m3 guns.
I don't know what to put here yet.

Offline Dennis

• Nickel Member
editing sounds....
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 03:59:53 PM »
lol.
A quiet .50 cal.  ?

It's a shame war has to be so darn LOUD.

j/k

You can use a simple audio editing program to lower the volume of your soundfiles.   Just noticed in your other post you're looking for one.

Total Recorder works fine for this.  .. Yeah, it's shareware that supposedly needs a registration, but you get 40 seconds of recording time per sound without registering it.  More than plenty for adjusting volume of individual AH sounds or converting sample rates.  http://www.highcriteria.com/productfr.htm#prod_TR

Goldwave will give you more functionality if you want to actually create and edit soundfiles.  http://www.goldwave.com

Its shareware, too, but you can perform 150 actions per session without registering.  I've found that's more than plenty for simple soundfile editing and manipulation.

I've got some professional sound editing experience so I found both a snap to use, anyone who reads the help files should have no problem with either.

Splash1

Offline JB73

• Plutonium Member
editing sounds....
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 04:25:49 PM »
ty .... that answers both my questions i guess. ;)

but yeah i keep all my AH sounds individually turned down to about 30-40% so i can hear the people with quiet VOX. also i have roommate-ack that's worse than most people's wife-ack :( i just got headphones and he says he can still hear my m3 shooting in the other room through the headphones :mad:

little stunninghunk he pisses me off so much some time LOL.
I don't know what to put here yet.