Author Topic: What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?  (Read 2623 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2003, 02:36:36 AM »
Sandman, forget the pissing contest idea sir, I was just sharing my thoughts, as you were.
I want to make clear what I was talking about... initial merge only.
For instance, there you are in your hurri, with sufficient E. and you see a 190A8 bearing down on you off your 9. You're up on a routine base defense, let's say.. looking for goons.  Now, as you turn into him, you have just a second or two to make a decision.  Accept the HO and probably end up w/ a crippled or dead plane.  Or, duck his HO, watch his follow up move.
If he turns hard, you're on him... if he keeps going, you keep your eye on him but look for targets that you can readily engage w/ your slow turner.  Chances are, as an experienced pilot, you'd duck and look for the goon or other targets you could engage.(assuming he kept going)
Lots of guys now seem perfectly willing to take their one kill chance per flight by accepting that initial HO.  People call it jousting... it's just not as fun as that: hair on fire-duck the cheryy picking la7-don't hit the hill-almost have the angle on him, furball type fighting.  
People are going to miss the excitement if they never get past the merge.  :)
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2003, 02:47:01 AM »
Oh, and I truly am flattered to be mentioned in the same breath as Drex and DMF. I feel it's only fair to keep things straight.

Drex and Todd(DMF) are  very classy guys who get their kills by using unparallelled ACM.

I'm an ill-mannered(I mean well, just too competetive) sod who gets his kills by seeing a situation, knowing where the planes are going, and who I can get a shot at... call it SA... decision making.. whatever.
I MAY be effective like Drex Levi, , but I sure don't do it as beautifully as those two.
Thanks for the nice comment though, Sandman.

Oh, and Murdr, you may be landing kills in a d9, but I'll always think of you in that 38.  
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 02:53:25 AM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2003, 03:22:56 AM »
Recently I've seen a lot of plane still "flying" after having read  a system confirmation of the kill !!

Can it be related ?

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2003, 03:39:43 AM »
Oh, and Murdr, you may be landing kills in a d9, but I'll always think of you in that 38.

LOL, Snail posted a few years ago that I was a great bnzer, flew mainly in the 190, and did not stick around in bad odds...Go figure.  Actually I still remember my first Dora flight when it was first modeled in AW2 open beta.  My first 'in' resulted in a 1 pass kill.  Man I love this plane i thought :)

My bad for not re-reading my post...It is an honor to be mentioned with Drex, AND/OR Levi:)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2003, 07:50:20 AM »
So... this thread goes from blaming no-skill pilots on making somewhat skilled shots to a self stroking festival.

If you failed to kill the target, its not anyone else's fault what happens next... only your own.  Its not someone else's fault the plane is still allive, despite your "technically" discription.

Its amazing what people will find to whine about these days.  What a bunch of primpers.

Kill stealing.

Yeppers... afterall, you licked your fingers and touched it... right?

Feel free to send one of those wingless planes my way.  I'll make you feel right at home.

MiniD

Offline Ecke-109-

• Copper Member
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2003, 08:15:15 AM »
Originally posted by Innominate
The player who did the most points of damage gets the kill.

Countless are the hard damaged buffs which i sent down in tumbling circles into a bunch of carrion-eaters.

I only get an assist for the hits of i.e. half wing and aileron.

That hurts for 10-15 sec.
And i use that moments for a little meditation in patience and gentleness.

Harder to handle are the fighterkillsteals.
But as i try to fly outside of the big streams, killsteals dont happen often to me.

Beeing gentle works best in such moments.In both ways: For your karma and for educating the stealer.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 08:19:02 AM by Ecke-109- »

Offline devious

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.jg301-wildesau.de
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2003, 08:18:48 AM »
Must be gentle...

GENTLE

GENTLE !

Offline Zippatuh

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2003, 08:53:42 AM »
I really like the “dibs” thing that seems to be happening...
Radio:  “Spits mine!”

Yeah, you and the 5 others above it, but you called it over the radio first so it’s yours right?

I quit worrying about who was green around me a long time ago.  If it’s red, in gun range, and gives the slightest hint it can fly.  I put rounds in it and I won’t lay off the guns until I’m past it.  If it happen to be falling at the time and it was one of Sax or Rude’s so much the better!

Saddle up on someone else and get over it.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2003, 09:39:29 AM »
what is with all the kill stealing lately???  You gotta be kidding?

It is so simple  a blind hubert could see it....

Make itso that there are no opportunities for good furgballs or melles.... make it so that the only viable survival tactic is steamrollering and gangbanging.... create an arena where, if you are lucky you see a con that isn't above you with 20 buddies oh, maybe once in 10 minutes and....

buddy.. you are gonna take a shot at that plane!   you haven't seen anything you didn't have to run away from all night and now you are gonna put some ammo into that plane even though the other six guys are on it!

More fights equal less worry about such things... first off, if you have a lot of action you don't care so much if you lose one to a stealer because you are to BUSY  rememeber busy?   Also.. you won't find 8 guys on one con if there are a lot of playeres participatihng in a real furball.

The more you make these timid maps with their totally dweeby strat... the more dweeby crap you will see.
lazs

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2003, 09:39:36 AM »
I used to think that only the 13th were talented kill stealers....I was wrong.

The BK's are every bit as good as we are....they are not just kill stealers, but are proud brazen kill stealers who enjoy the total experience of air combat.

When others whine about getting their kill stolen, it just makes the whole effort that much more sweet of an experience.

Kill stealing only raises the game of those around you....I encourage kill stealing at every opportunity...the practice will enrich your life and send you on your way to becoming a complete human being.

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2003, 09:52:29 AM »
On kill stealing...............

Is the object of those poor individuals (who chase down an obviously crippled AC) to steal the kill of another?

or a pathetic attempt to hit an easier target?

Is the AC we have damaged always obviously crippled from the view of others?

Is theft  the object of the cherry picker who zooms to take the kill of an (as yet) unwounded enemy we have worked to bring low and slow?

He knew what he was doing .............. was it theft or assistance?

AH does tend toward circumstances where several AC can be chasing one bogie........... what always surprises me is that more than one of these AC think they are the lead AC at any one time and attempt to shoot thru their compatriate.

But could lag cause more than one AC in a bunch to view theirs as being the lead?

When is a kill the property of one player over another?

On headons

It takes two to headon...............

Its "easy" to avoid a headon................

Its not always "easy" to gain the advantage over someone who is determined to continuously  head on................... the perpetual "head on'er" can be a frustrating opponent, regardless of the respect lost for his tactic.

Just my views

and I have done  (and been done to) them all at some time or another.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2003, 09:54:33 AM by Tilt »
Ludere Vincere

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Re: What is it with all the no-skill killstealers lately?
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2003, 10:21:42 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
Why are there so many killstealers lately?  
:rolleyes:

I'm sick of that crap.

Gunnery practice. Tough to hit a tail-less plane.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2003, 11:29:56 AM »
A lot of you seem unclear on what I mean by kill stealing.  Mini D in particular seems willfully ignorant.

I do not consider anybody who shoots a flyable aircraft, no matter how damaged it is, a kill stealer.  I do not think calling dibs on that Spit or whatever actually give the dib caller rights to it.  None of that is kill stealing.  That is all shooting down the enemy.

Kill stealing is exclusively when a non flyable aircraft is shot up by somebody who did not render it unflyable for the mere purpose of out damaging the person who actually did the work and getting credit for something they didn't earn.

Note that my proposed solution did not even attempt to solve the type of "killstealing" that most people seem to assume I'm talking about.

Maybe it could be programmed so that once an aircraft was definately dead it's icon disappeared and the kill was awarded.

By definately dead I mean something like a whole wing missing, the whole tail missing or the horizontal stablizer missing. Aircraft in this category would lose their icons and the kill would be awarded.

An aircraft missing half a wing, the verticle stabilizer, both aelirons, both elevators, on fire or all engines would not count as a positive kill because aircraft in those conditions could conceivably fly home (at least to allow a bail out over friendly territory) or still be a threat to somebody by diving for speed.  Aircraft in this category would still be fair game for anybody and everybody to shoot at.

Mini D,

Nowhere did I start saying what a great pilot I am.  Frankly, I'm average.  Maybe the people doing the killstealing are the great sticks you insinuate they are, but they sure aren't putting it to use doing what I'm talking about.  I am not saying "I called dibs on that and they shot it!" or "I put a few bullets into it and that marked it as mine to play with and they interferred!".  I do not believe that either of those scenarios are kill stealing.  I am only talking about the people who shoot up aircraft that are obviously doomed.  I can easily tell when an aircraft is doomed on my FE, regardless of who made it so.  I refuse to believe that the game is somehow providing my FE with special, more detailed information.  People who shoot up wingless or tailess aircraft are kill stealers.  Period.

Even informing others in the area that said aircraft is dead, aka "Scratch the Spit!", doesn't have any effect on these people.  FWIW, I never call an aircraft dead unless I know that it has taken fatal damage.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2003, 11:47:03 AM »
Possession is 9/10's ya know...if it's in my sights, I'm steeeelin it!:)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2003, 11:48:11 AM »
As crystal clear as the first time you related it karnak, mabey you are just using too many big words for some :D
BTW, didnt say that saying "Nik dead" or such always has an effect, but it does keep most honest.  
Now I will go ponder the self strokingness of finding amusment in Steve finding it odd seeing me in a plane, that others say I fly too much.  However I will not bang my head on my terminal as it seems to adversely affect reading comprehention.