Author Topic: Most Outrageous Defensive Move?  (Read 2065 times)

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Most Outrageous Defensive Move?
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2003, 10:30:50 AM »
Heh, some excellent descriptions in this thread, but I'm kinda surprised noone has mentioned a hammerhead stall.  A couple times, especially in CT, I've seen a few of the best sticks apparently do something like that.

When zooming up after the bandit in a loop, the bandit appears to suddenly twist back behind me.  Not always able to get guns on me, but certainly frustrates my pursuit.  

I'm thinking it must be some variation of the hammerhead because usually I retain more energy and am thus able to disengage far enough to return at an advantage -- IF I don't succumb to a deflective shot first.

The move seems more severe than the turn and loop some describe, and more planned than just a severe stall.  

IF a hammerhead is agile enough to twist within a complete circle, seems it would be an ideal defense.   Then again, I'm not even sure if real hammerheads are possible in AH.  Are they?

Anybody seen or use this sort of defense manuever?
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Most Outrageous Defensive Move?
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2003, 10:35:38 AM »
Originally posted by Halo
IF a hammerhead is agile enough to twist within a complete circle, seems it would be an ideal defense.   Then again, I'm not even sure if real hammerheads are possible in AH.  Are they?

Anybody seen or use this sort of defense manuever?

i do. but it's more offensive than defensive.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.