Author Topic: Avoiding an arena full of the same planes....  (Read 1671 times)

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
Avoiding an arena full of the same planes....
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2003, 10:30:30 PM »
Bustr's got the ticket.

Well said.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2003, 10:50:38 PM »
Know what? When the fuel's 25%, it makes flying 1+ sector to fight pretty pointless in most of the early and a lot of the midwar planeset.

Think about that, next time yer bemoaning lack of variety.

Just a thought to ponder.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2003, 01:24:34 AM »
I'd rather not Hazed. The “top four” planes are complete crap unless you know how to fly them, and the 2-weekers don’t. The Pony’s are buzzing around like silver rockets, blazing away, but never hitting. Those that don’t run die quickly. The Spit’s are like old homing torpedoes always pointing their nose at me … roping them is so easy it’s ridiculous. The Nikki’s are like bigger Spits, no more a threat … just a bigger target. The La7’s are perhaps the easiest of them all, a few MG pings and they start turning. The only risky part about engaging La7’s is that it might be Shane … guess that why he’s so dangerous in it. He flies it like it should be flown.

Of the 14 deaths I have so far in this tour only one was credited to a Spit, and one to a Nikki. The rest are to more obscure planes like F4U and bombers, and I don’t fly a late war monster, or uberturner. I fly a 1941 model 109F4, average in every respect and that’s why I love it, keeps my options open.

Let the 2-weekers have their rides, makes my day easier.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline BNM

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.christian3x3.com/
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2003, 02:48:47 AM »
Originally posted by ccvi
Give them two weekers everthing completely free of perks except 262s.

Agree...

Offline Gremlin

• Silver Member
      • http://www.webtreatz.com/tod/lognew.html
Re: Avoiding an arena full of the same planes....
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2003, 07:50:15 AM »
Originally posted by hazed-
2. I would hazard a guess 80% of people joining have never heard of any but the most famous aircraft like b17s spitfires p51s P47s 109s etc and wouldnt know a D model from an E or A etc they would probably certainly never heard of LA7s or N1Ks which are 2 major culprits at the moment for over use.I'd say only a few people would know the ins and outs of all the planes and these people are likely to be subscribers anyhow, they wont leave, they will just subscribe earlier.

Hazed, sorry to say this, but thats one of the worst ideas i have ever heard:(  If what you say above is true then the noobs are picking planes cause they like the colour or whatever, then the percentage of them flying the top four is small anyway.

Anyway hows a guy gonna make a livin seal clubbin noob spits if they cant fly em:D

Sorry bud:)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2003, 08:31:32 AM »
Ya know hazed... If you fly the ealy or slow planes near the deck then you will see a much larger variety of planes.   At least in a big fight.   do you really expect to see hurris and f4f's at 25 k looking for a pee  51 to do 1 v 1 with?

do you expect early war planes and short range planes (80%) of the planeset to up from fields with 25% fuel when the fields are 2 sectors apart?
lazs

Offline Tyoren2231

• Zinc Member
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 11:19:46 PM »
Yeah im a 2 week trial person but  I CAN'T fly why is that??? havent had it a day

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 11:22:38 PM »
Just a heads up Tyoren, you may want to read the rules before posting.

I know your new, but you did just bring back a 5 year old thread.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 11:26:36 PM »
At least it means he tried to search for help before postINg.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SuBWaYCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 11:28:56 PM »
At least it means he tried to search for help before postINg.

That is true.

You may want to "edit" your post and say "accidentally bumped this". Skuzzy may be more forgiving.
Axis C.O. for Battle of the Dnieper, Winter '43

Air superiority is a condition for all operations, at sea, on land, and in the air. - Air Marshal Arthur Tedder

364th Chawks

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 01:40:20 AM »
Incredible necro bump.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline BiPoLaR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 03:46:08 AM »
wow this thread is older than some of the squeakers playINg this game
R.I.P. T.E.Moore (Dad) 9-9-45 - 7-16-10.
R.I.P. Wes Poss  (Best Friend) 11-14-75 - 5-2-14

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 06:22:02 AM »
wow this thread is older than some of the squeakers playINg this game

Yea..Skuzzy smack down on the way.

Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 07:28:46 AM »
Yeah im a 2 week trial person
... and you'll be lucky to be a 2 week BBS poster. Keep bumping old news. :rolleyes:
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04:06 AM »
If you're having trouble with two weekers in La7s then......... well, the plane isn't the problem.

It doesn't matter what a 2-weeker is flying.... 163 or Spit1, it's still going to be a watermelon fight because you should wax them on the first merge anyway.

I hate seeing N1k after N1k after Spit16 too but that only grates me when it's the same old guys flying the same old 4 cannon HO-ram or speed machine... Not because you lose but because it's boring. So often it's too easy to pick who is who because they're in a specific aircraft with a certain skin and they always pull the same manuevers.

Having two weekers in 109s and Spit5s isn't going to make anything more interesting, they'll still provide the same utter lack of a fight. In fact, at least in a La7 they have the plane working for them and can put up something more of a fight.

:aok
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"