Author Topic: Avoiding an arena full of the same planes....  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Anaxogoras

• Platinum Member
Re: Avoiding an arena full of the same planes....
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2008, 08:34:09 AM »
wow this thread is older than some of the squeakers playINg this game

Yup, and it looks like hazed- made good on his threat to leave.  Aircraft diversity is a problem IN the arenas, but his idea to help it was terrible.
gavagai
334th FS

RPS for Aces High!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2008, 10:08:25 AM »
IN-nage.  Thread almost as old as dirt.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2008, 10:21:21 AM »
Give them two weekers everthing completely free of perks except 262s.

I say give them 1000 points of perks and let them spend away.  They'll learn quickly not to turn fight in a 262.  ;)

Whatever needs to happen to balance the usage of planes I hopes happens soon.  I'm so tired of seeing same-same planes.  Even some of the better pilots out there take them just to see their name in lights.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2008, 03:00:39 PM »
I'd rather see someone post to an old topic than start a new topic.  As for discussing things that have been discussed before, most things on this BB have been discussed before.  These modern BB's encourage posting a new topic too frequently -- an endless stream of new topics, when one could search and then post to an old topic that is appropriate, as the guy above did.  (I'm a codger grumbling about how it used to be different in my day, back when there was no Internet because we didn't have all the tubes laid down yet. :) )

Anyway, one thing that had a shot at increasing plane diversity was the ENY cap.  I like the ENY cap, but it seems not to be popular.

Offline Mr Blue

• Zinc Member
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2008, 04:22:24 PM »

furious I dont care what people fly or for what reasons they fly it.All im bothered about is the kind of enviroment i am to fly in.

I love AH but I see too many of the same planes every night and i often try to make unusual missions in order to force some new different kinds of fights. Now maybe you dont think it matters that much but Im a customer who is enjoying this game less and less but generally only because its getting repetative NOT because its never fun. Im not going to appoogise for being sick of fighting La7s or any other type if they happen to be all i ever see.

Ive been actively seeking fights with any aircraft BUT the top 4 lately but eventually you realise thats all there is!. The odd p47 or p38 to liven things up but then its a nik or an la7 and away we go again. YAWN

Im not out to persecute anyone and i feel i gave good reasons why this idea would work and doesnt affect anyone who already pays to play.
Id really like to know why you feel I should try to ignore the fact im getting bored by the repetative engagements.This request if im not mistaken would make absolutely no difference to you as you subscribe.Who knows maybe we might get to see more 205s and earlier 109s with P51b's instead of P51d's being the favourite of the 2 weekers. They can fly Spit5's instead of 9's Ki61's instead of niks and la5s instead of La7s. whats so terrible about that? they havent got to pay for it yet we do so in effect im paying for these two weekers to bore me!! :) hehe.

Soooo your mad and want to punish the new guys, bcuz ur sick of seeing the same planes? ur sick of seeing the top 4 everywere u go? well its simply.. their the top 4 for a reason. bcuz their good, and if their good, people ARE going to use it, punishing the new guys or not isnt going to stop people from using them, isnt going to make u see other planes besides the top 4. sorry..
most people dont care what plane they go against, becuz its not the plane.. its the pilot, you can have 2 people using the same plane, and have 2 completly differante experience fighting them.. 1 might be better then another idk.. who care if their is a lt of the top 4 out their.. every pilot is differente and ever pilot using different methods of planing, making ever fight differente..
Just for fun

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2008, 04:49:03 PM »

Soooo your mad and want to punish the new guys, bcuz ur sick of seeing the same planes? ur sick of seeing the top 4 everywere u go?

*sigh*

You are aware that you responding to someone possibly not playing this game anymore for years? You answered on a 5 year old post...

Someone bring the lock pls!
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline stodd

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2008, 05:00:24 PM »
Stodd/ CandyMan
I don't get why you even typed that, you know it's stupid.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2008, 11:00:26 AM »
Dont punish or penalize the Noobs, let them fly what they want,
What other sacrificial newbs will the High-Alt hoardes send down to their fate.... :rofl :rofl :rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2008, 04:40:44 PM »
What difference does it make if its a noob or regular. As long as they are having fun.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2008, 04:43:51 PM »
Not meaning to be disrespectful but..........STUPID POST. Yes... I said it.
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline Yenny

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2008, 04:56:55 PM »
E .· ` ' / ·. F
Your tears fuel me.
Noobing since tour 96
Ze LuftVhiners Alliance - 'Don't Focke Wulf Us!'

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2008, 06:38:18 PM »
IN b4 da lock!
 :eek:
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2008, 10:16:41 PM »
So. how do you know who is a two weeker and who isnt? :huh
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Redlegs

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2008, 10:19:55 PM »

Soooo your mad and want to punish the new guys, bcuz ur sick of seeing the same planes? ur sick of seeing the top 4 everywere u go? well its simply.. their the top 4 for a reason. bcuz their good, and if their good, people ARE going to use it, punishing the new guys or not isnt going to stop people from using them, isnt going to make u see other planes besides the top 4. sorry..
most people dont care what plane they go against, becuz its not the plane.. its the pilot, you can have 2 people using the same plane, and have 2 completly differante experience fighting them.. 1 might be better then another idk.. who care if their is a lt of the top 4 out their.. every pilot is differente and ever pilot using different methods of planing, making ever fight differente..

Resident Arizona Cardinals/Cincinnati Reds fan

Offline sldered

• Zinc Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
« Reply #44 on: August 28, 2008, 08:14:26 AM »
How about just fly in the AVA?
  CALLSIGN: Slider26     49th FG  7th FS.  S.A.P.P P-38 flyer