Author Topic: We really need the 1.05 update ...  (Read 691 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
We really need the 1.05 update ...
« on: December 10, 2000, 12:34:00 PM »
Too much posts, both negative and positive, often turns into flame wars, even against the private sphere. I did my lil' part with my replies about the FM and I apologize for that. A lot of smart and good pilots are turning into angry wolves, indeed.

Probably is the effect of the 1.05 long waiting ... (long from a player POV, that is) ... I hope so. In the meantime I'd recommend everyone to be tolerant. This is a great community and AH is a very good sim.

Yeah, we still dont have the G.55 "Centauro" and the C.205V climbs like a pig but I can stand it for the time being ...  

Regards and keep cool,
GATT

"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2000, 01:41:00 PM »
What I agree with is that 1.05 is what AH needs now. Playing same game again and again, even so good game as AH is, became boring sooner or later. Such updates normally gives a feeling of something new, like playing other game with same cards on hands.

IMO.

Offline Vermillion

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2000, 01:53:00 PM »
I couldn't agree more. I hope to see 1.05 very soon myself

------------------
Vermillion
**MOL**, Men of Leisure

jato757

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2000, 03:41:00 PM »
hell yea, i want 1.05 man i cant wait to land a b 17 on carrier, hahaha
 262 would be nice, or faster 109 so i dont get killed by nik1s in dive, i dont know how that hapens.

Offline Sunchaser

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2000, 05:10:00 PM »
I totally agree.

There is a way to dampen your frustration though.

Turn your icons off and take your flying mates into the Med Sp Events Arena.

It works.

I could care if there are a zillion ostwinds in the tiny main or the map is too small.

In the MED the world is big and the cons, though scarce, hard to see when they do attack and not worth a single point make Aces High what it is intended to be.

All it takes is one good no icons fight, win or loose, to make AH worth my 30 bucks.

Come to the MED.

------------------
When did they put this thing in here and WTF is it for?

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2000, 05:17:00 PM »
Its the tease thats spoiled us...

There will come a time when we will see maybe an update or 2 a year in Aces I bet, enjoy the updates we do get while u can.

AKSKurj

Offline Saintaw

• Platinum Member
      • My blog
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2000, 05:20:00 PM »
ROFLOL ! Sunchaser is an Advertising SPREE!

Saw
Saw
Dirty, nasty furriner.

Offline Midnight

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2000, 10:06:00 AM »

Originally posted by jato757:
hell yea, i want 1.05 man i cant wait to land a b 17 on carrier, hahaha

I doubt you will be able to land B17 on a CV like in AW. Wing span is too large and 9-10 times you will probably hit the turrets or bridge with the the left wing. Also, B17 has no tail hook, and I bet the FE will only allow planes with them to catch a wire.

------------------
"Wing up, Get kills, Be happy"

Midnight
13th TAS

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2000, 10:18:00 AM »
I would, at this point, take any V1.05 update, completed with bugs, or incomplete with bugs.  I noted that Pyro said in his post that alot was cut out temporarily in V1.05, that may be in order to get it released before Christmas, I hope!

Offline firbal

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
Your right that the game has become the same ol same ol. But think it's really the terrian that makes it old hat. Some of the new player terrians looks great. I would highly encourge HT to start useing some of them in the Main. Would add new life to the game while we wait. I think that 1.05 is going to be awhile before it's release. That's only because it's such a large update. Cann't wait to have fun with the PT Boat with my squad mates. And while I'm at it, let's bring the A-26 to AH.

Fireball
LTC
457th Bomb Group (H)
Fireball
39th Fighter Squadron "Cobras in the Clouds"