Author Topic: Gourmet McDonalds!!!  (Read 574 times)

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
      • http://www.361stvfg.com
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« on: July 24, 2003, 11:31:06 AM »
Yeah.. what I said... One of my customers is a large McDonald's francise owner. He's been out of town so I hadn't been able to find out what he's been to the local store.  Go there today for lunch the place is haveing a new grand opening.. (This mid-early high income area)

I couldn't stop laughing..

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 01:53:43 PM »
Gourmet how?

Where?

I'm going to the Bucs training camp this weekend and could use some gourmet eats.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 02:02:37 PM »
Well.. they are offering Pizza, Gourmet Sandwiches, and Paninis. Also Desserts other then the tipical soft ice cream/shakes.

Seems.. My customer has been busy...lol He's got three Gourmet McDonalds..  This is a link to the 'Gourmet" menu.

http://www.mcfun.com/menu_rest18_26312.shtml

If you eat-in. You get glassware.. as aposed to normal McDonalds tray type food lol...

16years in the Food Equipment business.. I never knew that this day would come...ROFLMAO!!!

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2003, 02:11:28 PM »
I don't see the pizza being a big seller, but everything else makes it worth the trip!

I'll have to pop the address in to Yahoo Maps to see where it is in relation to the WWSports Complex and the hotel.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2003, 02:53:51 PM »
Ahh.. Let me know when your in town be happy to buy a round of drinks :D. I know a great Watering whole.. e-mail me and I'll send you my cell #
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 02:55:54 PM by nuchpatrick »

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 03:02:36 PM »
Please, from hereon in refer to Gourmet MacD's as Ghay MacD's...

Gourmet Sandwiches? Paninis? :rolleyes:

Hamburglar must be rolling over in his grave

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2003, 03:07:21 PM »
But the Turdburglar gives two brown thumbs up!

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2003, 03:22:25 PM »
oyy....  that was bad Funk...:rolleyes:

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2003, 03:36:02 PM »
Originally posted by nuchpatrick
Ahh.. Let me know when your in town be happy to buy a round of drinks :D. I know a great Watering whole.. e-mail me and I'll send you my cell #

Thanks for the offer but the wife will be with me and we've already got a pretty full schedule of football, shopping, Sea World, Warbirds Air Museum, and more shopping (3 Nike factory outlets, ya know).  If I tell her I'm meeting an AH'er I'll either get a look like this:  :rolleyes:  

or this: :mad:

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2003, 03:46:08 PM »
I figured you would gotten the  :rolleyes:  for attending the training camp... I'm sorry about the 3 nike stores LOL

Aye!! If you like fishing stuff.. there the Bass Pro Shop.. man that place you can get lost in for hours..Payback for 3 Niki shops??
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 03:48:12 PM by nuchpatrick »

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2003, 03:50:24 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Please, from hereon in refer to Gourmet MacD's as Ghay MacD's...

Laugh all you want, but some items caught my eye:

Buffalo Chicken
Hand breaded chicken breast coated in spicy Buffalo wing sauce and served with chunky bleu cheese dressing, lettuce and tomato on a sesame seed bun.

Hold the dressing and this is a winner.

Philly Cheesesteak Panini
Grilled steak with roasted red peppers and sautéed onions topped with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise on focaccia.

Hold the mayo and this could be a runner-up.

Rockin n' Rollin
A scoop of vanilla ice cream and a scoop of chocolate chip ice cream smothered in fudge, marshmallows and chocolate chips, covered with whipped cream and a cherry.

The Dusty Road
Mickey D's version of a traditional recipe. Two scoops of chocolate chip ice cream covered in rich hot fudge and dusted with malt, whipped cream and a cherry.

If you don't hear from me by Monday, its because I'm dead of a heart attack on I-4.

Too bad there's no key lime pie offered.  I'd be all over that.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2003, 04:03:28 PM »
Originally posted by nuchpatrick
I figured you would gotten the  :rolleyes:  for attending the training camp... I'm sorry about the 3 nike stores LOL

Aye!! If you like fishing stuff.. there the Bass Pro Shop.. man that place you can get lost in for hours..Payback for 3 Niki shops??

The Nike is for me.  She gets Liz Claiborne and such like that.  Also on my list of hits is the Reebok and adidas, assuming I have any cash left on our way out of town.

And the kicker: the training camp tix are hers.  The company she works for has a luxury box at the stadium.  Lux box owners were sent tickets to the training camp.  The people where she works know that she follows football so they slid a couple of passes her way.  I'm guessing its some sort of muckety-much VIP tent or something because it requires parking passes and what-not.

A couple of years ago I set up a football picks grid with a buddy of mine and invited her to join.  She knew the teams and some of the marquee players, but that was about it.  Her first year, she kicked our butts.  Her strategy was simple: if she'd heard of the team, she picked them to win.  This was when San Francisco, Miami, NYJets, Dallas, Pittsburgh, and Green Bay were all strong teams.  Since then, she's taken the time to learn more about the teams and game.  Now its not uncommon for her to yell from the couch "Hey!  That's pass interference!" or "He lined up off-sides!" and be right.  She hasn't quite gotten the illegal formation rule yet, though.

Hey, did they ever open up those "Sports Dominator" stores again?  Last time I was there the owner was involved in some federal investigation or something.  May have been illegal immigration or murder charges or something like that.  I remember it was big-time and all the stores had big yellow "Crime Scene" tape over the doorways.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2003, 04:08:40 PM »
Thats great Gofaster.

My Mother was a huge sports fan. Mostly Notre Dame football and Cubs baseball. She often made the USC-Notre Dame football games locally, and always wore her ND hard hat (silver and covered in stickers) to the game. She could rattle off the double play combinations on the Cubbies going back to the early 40's.

Offline nuchpatrick

• Silver Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2003, 04:13:30 PM »
Dang...you got a good woman there.. :D  

Those are long gone I believe. Yeah, I'm a TB fan.. and my co-worker is a Miami fan so we have a good time yelling at each other.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Gourmet McDonalds!!!
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2003, 04:46:40 PM »
Gourmet and Mc Donald in the same sentence ????

That's WEIRD !
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 04:55:01 PM by straffo »